02 The Dog

Bittersweet Capture

A/N: 2 Updates just because this chapter happened to be shorter when I wrote it(?) *Because double updates make up for short chapters?* Ahaha.


“M-Miss Miyoung!” the butler stammered in shock after he had led her to her personal bedroom, “How could you do that to the young master? He may be your future husband!”

Holding her pillow close against your chest, Miyoung mumbled inaudibly but gently, “…I couldn’t help it, though! Whenever I see his face, this uncontrollable anger grows in my chest!”

She could not forget the last words Lu Han had said to her when she had no choice but to leave the prestigious high school due to her father’s debts.

Though she couldn’t say that the two of them were friends, they were still classmates. So, she felt the need to say goodbye to him when the last day came.

However, Lu Han simply told her, “You want money right? Sorry, I don’t care about girls with nothing.”

With those words, Miyoung could feel her situation and her reputation get trampled on without hesitation by a boy who never took a chance to understand her.

Who was he to say something so cold and harsh about her? Just because he had more money than her, it did not give him any right to look down upon her.

To make things even worse, she couldn’t believe that he didn’t remember saying such a negatively impactful thing to her.

“I can’t believe he can actually live like this!” Miyoung clenched her fist, “Just because that guy is rich, it doesn’t mean he can go judge people so easily!”

A moment of quietness went by which caused her to look up at why the butler wasn’t speaking to her anymore. However, when she looked up, she didn’t see anyone.

Miyoung frowned a bit, furrowing her eyebrows together, and then glanced around before suddenly, she felt something push her against her back, making her fall flat on the bed.

“Look at what we have here.” Lu Han raised an eyebrow as he came into the room, holding a dog in his arms, “Get out. You’re in the way.”

A displeased smile was placed upon her expression as she turned around, realizing that the boy had actually dared to kick her. He wasn’t like a gentleman at all, not that she ever expected him to be one.

Without hesitation, her eyes narrowed at him stubbornly.

“Why would I leave? This is my bedroom and I’m marrying into this household,” Miyoung declared, pointing at the dog, “Besides, when did you get a dog? Your father never mentioned anything about the household having a pet.”

Daehyun, unlike Lu Han, stood at the doorway, stuffing his hands into his pockets, “Yeah, Lu Han. Explain to us when you got a dog, because even I wasn’t aware of this.”

“She’s a stray that’s going to be staying with me from now on,” Lu Han stated promptly, “Ah, I mean, she will be staying here from now on.”

The boy pointed to the bedroom the butler had stated to be Miyoung’s. However, the boy’s word was of higher power and more effective than the servant’s, causing her eyes to twitch a bit.

He couldn’t be serious.

This was all completely outrageous!

Miyoung spoke with a low, displeased tone, “…and what about me?”

Lu Han just grinned, “Oh, you don’t have to worry. I’ve got a special room prepared for you.”

The girl stared at the boy cautiously. It just seemed like he was plotting something quite undesirable and it made her uneasy.