| Chapter 21 |

He's A T-!

Kyu Ri tapped her fingers against the countertop. She glanced at the wrist watch and saw that there were no customers. Kyu Ri sighed heavily and then suddenly a few items were placed onto the conveyer belt. She sat up and began scanning the items. She bagged the items and then pressed in the cost of each item. “That will be $9.87,” Kyu Ri said in a monotone. A ten dollar bill was given to her. She pressed in the numbers and took out of the change.

“Here is your change. Have a nice day,” Kyu Ri said emotionlessly. The customer left and the next one stood in the spot that the other customer had stood in. Kyu Ri couldn’t help bit her tongue and just dealt with this job of hers. She worked as a cashier in the local market that was just down the street of her apartment.

“Hello,” A suave voice greeted the girl. Kyu Ri didn’t answer but instead continued ringing up the items. “How was your day?” The voice continued asking the girl. Kyu Ri pulled the items into the bag and tied it up for the customer. As soon as Kyu Ri finished she totaled up the amount and looked up to seeing a handsome teenager just about her age.

OJ2v0W5VYH9OceYy--PlW_bez5eQN-Ym0_cX3pNq

He held a smirk upon his lips and pulled out a twenty dollar bill. “So...you’re Kyu Ri?” The boy glanced at the girl’s name tag. Kyu Ri had to pull herself together and tried not to murder this boy. She gave him the receipt and change.

“Thank you, have a nice day,” Kyu Ri looked at the clock and pulled the apron off of her and hooked it on the bar. She grabbed her bag, also the bag of groceries and went past the boy.

“Yah!” The boy called out to the girl. He chased after the girl and walked beside her. “I’m Kim Jong In, you can call me Kai,” The teenager walked backwards and beamed at the girl who just plainly rolled her eyes at him.

“I don’t care,” Kyu Ri muttered coldly.

“Feisty aren’t you...” Kai smirked deviously at the girl. Kyu Ri twitched and swung her foot dangerously towards Kai. Surprisingly Kai caught her foot just in time and held it without letting go. This shocked Kyu Ri and her eyes widen. ‘...no one has ever, ever, did this before...’ Kyu Ri narrowed her eyes at the boy.

“Hmph, now if I let go behave yourself. I’m only trying to be nice,” Kai smoothly said while smirking. Kyu Ri let out a low growl.

“Nice my , I don’t believe in guys like you,” Kyu Ri gritted out. “Guys like you deserve a face full of my ing fist,” Kyu Ri huffed out.

“Hey, I’m a nice guy - just don’t push my buttons,” Kai snickered while letting down her foot. Kyu Ri gripped her bags and let out a growl. Kyu Ri huffed and went off first towards her apartment. Kai skidding after the girl and walked beside her.

“Yah, leave me alone or else,” Kyu Ri snapped while seeing how close Kai was getting to her.

“Hey, one - my name is not ‘Yah’, my name is Kai. Two - I live down the same path that you are going,” Kai chuckled out while smirking. Kai could admit that he is slowly growing attracted to Kyu Ri.

“Well then don’t walk so close to me,” Kyu Ri scooted over and crossing her arms.

“So touchy...” Kai snickered.

“Freaking ,” Kyu Ri murmured under her breath.

Kyu Ri went up the stairs to her apartment and heard Kai following behind her. She whipped around and glared at him. “I am going to ing stick my FOOT up your if you don’t get the away from me! ing stalker!” Kyu Ri growled out while Kai didn’t seem to move an inch. He placed an amused smirk upon his lips.

“You know, you are really cute when you are angry,” Kai chuckled to himself.

“THAT’S IT, I’M ING RIPPING YOUR THICK LIPS APART, COME HERE!” Kyu Ri roared while throwing her bags down and leaping towards Kai. Kai laughed and leaped over the fence and landed on the ground swiftly. Kyu Ri gripped the handlebars and then leaped down after the boy. Kai took off running first.

“What is going on here?!” Jae Hyo’s voice yelled out loud. Jae Hyo looked down below to seeing Kyu Ri chasing after the newly added neighbor that was living right beside Kyu Ri. Jae Hyo blinked and saw black flames coming out of Kyu Ri.

“KYU RI! STOP CHASING AFTER JONG IN AND COME UP HERE!” Jae Hyo called out while waving his arm.

“ OFF AHN JAE HYO!” Kyu Ri flicked the middle finger towards Jae Hyo. Jae Hyo shook his head.

“Come up here! Now!” Jae Hyo demanded.

“RIGHT AFTER I ING TEAR THIS ER APART!” Kyu Ri shrieked.

“Now, now Kyu Ri! Don’t be like that,” Kai teased while running up towards Jae Hyo. Kyu Ri dashed after him and then stood still when Jae Hyo gave her a harsh look. Kai laughed and smiled.

“Kyu Ri, I don’t want you hurting Kai. He’s your new neighbor,” Jae Hyo introduced.

“WHAT?!” Kyu Ri demanded while twitching.

“Yes, he is your new neighbor,” Jae Hyo pointed to Kai. Kyu Ri looked like she could just suffocated herself right here and right now.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Kai went over and twirled one of Kyu Ri’s black locks with his slender finger.

“Nope, Kyu Ri~ I’m your new neighbor starting from yesterday. Jae Hyo wanted me to you back home because yesterday you didn’t come home,” Kai snickered. Kyu Ri twitched and let out a groan. Kyu Ri took out her key and opened her door to the apartment. Kai swiftly grabbed Kyu Ri’s bags and walked on into Kyu Ri’s apartment.

“YAH! GET THE OUT, I DIDN’T ALLOW YOU TO COME IN,” Kyu Ri demanded but then got pulled back by Jae Hyo.

“Now, Kyu Ri behave,” Jae Hyo began.

“You have no rights to tell me that...” Kyu Ri darkly glared at Jae Hyo. Kyu Ri stomped after the thick lipped boy. She grabbed him back the collar and tossed him out with a flick of her wrist. “Stay the out of my house Thick Lips!” Kyu Ri demanded with a slam of the door.

Kai and Jae Hyo stood there in front of Kyu Ri’s apartment. Jae Hyo sighed miserably and looked over at Kai who had an amused look upon his face.

“Uh...Kai listen, about Kyu Ri,” Jae Hyo began but then Kai raised a hand. Kai turned over to the older boy.

“Oh don’t worry about it Jae Hyo, I like her - I have a feeling I will have a lot of fun when I’m with her,” Kai smirked and gazed at the door.

“...I wish you good luck with trying to get on her good side. It took me forever,” Jae Hyo walked off leaving Kai standing there. Kai looked over at Kyu Ri’s door and went over smoothly and knocked on it.

“Go the away, Thick Lips, I know it’s you,” Kyu Ri’s muffled voice called out.

“Oh Kyu Ri, come out I just want to tell you something,” Kai leaned against the door.

“And I have something to tell you too: off,” Kyu Ri didn’t open the door. Kai smirked and continued knocking on the door.

“Knock all you want, you ,” Kai heard the girl and chuckled. Kai always did enjoy a good challenge.

“Kyu Ri, this is important too,” Kai rapidly knocked on the door until he heard a loud groan. The locks on the other side of the door and then the door opened slightly. Kai smiled and waved at her.

Whatdoyouwant?” Kyu Ri glared at Kai.

“Have dinner with me,” Kai grabbed Kyu Ri’s hand and tugged her out of her room. Kyu Ri stumbled at the sudden jerk forward.

“How about hell to the no. Let go,” Kyu Ri tugged back but Kai didn’t let go. Kai stood there firmly and didn’t let go.

“Have one dinner with me. That’s all I ask for,” Kai gleamed with a smile on his lips. Kyu Ri wiggled her way out.

“Why should I? Why don’t you have dinner with Derp-Hyo,” Kyu Ri questioned the boy. Kai’s eyes twinkled in devious.

“I already did, yesterday; since you didn’t come yesterday...I want to do it now,” Kai said while nodding at his request. Kyu Ri gave him a death glare.

“I don’t think so,” Kyu Ri declined him. Kai began pouting towards the girl.

“Aww, please Kyu Ri, please,” Kai begged. Kyu Ri shook her head. “No,” Kyu Ri still refused.

“Just this once, only once and I’ll leave you alone,” Kai again begged the girl. Kyu Ri’s stoned face stiffened.

“...let go of me,” Kyu Ri took her wrist back and Kai frowned. Kyu Ri looked over at Kai and crossed her arms. “Lead the way,” Kyu Ri spoke up for the boy to hear. Kai looked at the girl in front of him and blinked.

“What?” Kai questioned

“I’m not going to repeat myself. Either you heard me once or I’m going back in,” Kyu Ri furrowed her eyebrows together. Kai’s eyes widen and he held out his hands in defence.

“NO~ WAIT~ Come on!” Kai laced his fingers with hers and tugged her away happily.

SwsXxNtAJuFbBG5XnzKNuRtl0MFCb2ClQDvo86KM

“What have I done...” Kyu Ri questioned herself. Kai heard and chuckled and took the girl down to the semi-fancy area.

“Don’t worry I’ll make this night the best one ever,” Kai winked at the girl. Kyu Ri turned away and looked at the street lights. Kai led the girl down and stopped in front of a cute little restaurant. Kyu Ri looked around and was impressed at Kai’s choice. Kai led Kyu Ri over to a table and pulled out the chair for her. Kyu Ri took a seat and scooted in. Kai took a seat in front of her. The waiter came and placed down two menus for the two teens.

0wVnkLKsuJiw44t77pdtJnk7qCA01gZ4g_Rojxi6

“So what do you-” Kai looked at the menu that was on the table.

“Choose for me,” Kyu Ri yawned and sat back in her chair. Kai looked at her for a brief second and nodded. “Since you took me out, you can choose for me,” Kyu Ri stated which caused Kai to raise an eyebrow at her.

Kyu Ri gave the boy a long and hard stare. “Okay,” Kai didn’t want to argue with the girl and decided two plates of traditional pasta. Kai watched as the waiter placed down two cups of water for the two.

“So, how old are you?” Kai questioned.

“Legal of age, you?” Kyu Ri took a sip of her water.

“18 as well,” Kai beamed at her. “Well...Kyu Ri, I’m born on January 4th, what about you?” Kai smiles at the girl.

“...you don’t need to know,” Kyu Ri smirked.

“But I want too!” Kai eagerly pouted.

“...when the snow first falls, that is when my birthday is,” Kyu Ri said while nodding. Kai, from then on knew exactly that he was in the ride for his life, this girl is different from all of the other girls he has met. For the rest of the dinner, the two ate their plates of pasta while Kai tries to make small talk with the girl. Kyu Ri replies with short answers.

Kyu Ri looked up at Kai and saw he had some pasta sauce on the side of his face. Kyu Ri looked at him and shook her head. Kai was so consumed in eating his plate to realize it. “You have sauce on the side of your face,” Kyu Ri pointed out.

“Where?” Kai blinked while trying to wipe it off but keeps missing. Kyu Ri pointed to the spot but he still missed. This ticked off Kyu Ri and she leaned close to him.

“...idiot! Come here,” Kai leaned closer to Kyu Ri and she took her cloth and wiped it off for him. Kai’s eyes widen as he saw Kyu Ri’s face soften when she was wiping the sauce off. Kai’s cheeks slowly turned pink and he cleared his throat. Kyu Ri sat back in her seat and continued eating.

“Thank you,” Kai looked down in embarrassment. Kyu Ri just simply hummed and sipped her water. Kyu Ri didn’t seem to notice the boy’s actions.

v26DoP_ooB1rfVUOnrX9y7jdwC_cOHJQ5SHSbfUY

As soon as the two finished up eating, Kai paid for their dinner and Kyu Ri stood outside waiting. Suddenly in the corner of the girl’s eye caught her attention. She wandered off for a brief moment. Kai came out while placing his wallet back into his pocket. He came out looking for Kyu Ri but couldn’t find her. He glanced around and blinked. When he was about to call her name, right in his face was a hot cup of hot chocolate. He looked to seeing Kyu Ri holding another cup for herself.

Kai took the cup and then Kyu Ri turned away. “Let’s walk back home now,” Kyu Ri declared while walking. Kai nodded quietly and walked right beside her. Kyu Ri let out a sigh and there was fog from the coldness. Silence filled the air but the silence was broken to Kyu Ri’s chattering teeth. Kai looked over and saw her shivering quietly. Kai unwrapped his long scarf and took Kyu Ri’s arm. Kyu Ri stopped midway and looked over at him. Kai took the long piece of fabric and tied it around Kyu Ri’s neck comfortably. The two were now sharing the same scarf. He then took her hand into his and placed their hands into the boy’s warm sweater pocket. Kai pulled her close to him and began walking again.

Kyu Ri blinked at the boy’s action and felt touched at his action. It was strange for her about why would he do this for her. “Thank you Jong In,” Kyu Ri whispered for the boy to hear. Kai felt his heart leap when his name was spoken. Kai looked away to hide his red face.

“It’s fine, silly girl not wearing enough warm clothing,” Kai mumbled. The two enjoyed the, now warm atmosphere and headed to their apartment. Kai waited for the girl to open up the door to her room. Kyu Ri took off the scarf.

She faced the boy and nodded at him. “Thanks for tonight, you kept your word on making it worth the night,” Kyu Ri stated with an amused smirk.

“So...we could do this again if I were to ask you?” Kai questioned while looking at the girl.

“...maybe,” Kyu Ri smiled a small one at the boy in front of her. “Alright then, so maybe tomorrow after work?” Kai hoped while smiling. Kyu Ri shrugged and nodded at him.