False Hope

The Forsaken Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wake up call.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun places a hand on Kris' cheeks before caressing the latter's jaw and leaning up to place a soft kiss on Kris' lips. Baekhyun then encircles his arms around Kris' neck and kisses him passionately, all the while Kris' hands are resting on Baekhyun's waist. Kris has his eyes closed, but Baekhyun has his open, looking straight at Chanyeol, before smirking.

 

Gasping for air, he wakes up with a start. No. It's a dream. Right. No, a nightmare. Right. A nightmare. W-who? Baekhyun? B-but why? What the is with that movie, why am I having nightmares about my best friend and my boyfriend cheating on me? Chanyeol's sobs are silent, but Kris knows it too well (he has been dealing with this for 3 weeks) so the latter runs and rushes next to his lover.

 

Baekhyun, who is with Kris, making breakfast quietly, hears a gasp and looks around only to find Kris gone. He follows the noise and leads to where Chanyeol is staying.

 

The small guy watches how his best friend breaks in front of him. Heart breaking sobs, silent pleas and a tight grip on his lover's shirt; Chanyeol is breaking and Baekhyun can't do anything. As a best friend, one must know how to comfort the other. But with Baekhyun, he can't do it. He will not do it. He's the reason why Chanyeol is breaking down. What's the use of helping him if he's the cause?

 

Baekhyun feels like a failure as a best friend. He sighs, his heart breaking; for him and his best friend. Why must we love the same guy? He looks at Chanyeol with pain and guilt building up inside of him. I'm so sorry. I-I just, we can't help who we love, right Chanyeol? I'm sorry. I failed as your best friend. I'm sorry.

 

Kris guides Chanyeol away from Baekhyun's apartment. Leaving without even saying goodbye. He leaves the place with his lover, his actions telling Baekhyun that it's over.

 

Baekhyun watches as the love of his life, walks away from him, with his best friend beside the reason of his heartbreak. Is this what Chanyeol felt, when he saw us yesterday? But what about what I feel? Does it not matter? L-life is so unfair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stares at the table, counting the carved words and letters on it. He's waiting for his ordered coffee. He decides to leave the apartment again, but this time, he has his phone and wallet with him. He needs a break, but from what? from who? Chanyeol knows, but he doesn't want to believe it, he doesn't want to know about it.

 

When his coffee comes, he smells the bittersweet fragrance lovingly before sipping. The warm liquid eases the lump building in his throat. Chanyeol feels like crying. He doesn't want to know why. He sighs before he looks at the window, staring at nothing in particular. He gazes at the busy bodies walking around; rushing to places he doesn't know. His attention then moves to a group of children, laughing and playing around. It must be nice to be a child forever. Not feeling this painful things in our hearts. The only painful thing they'd ever encounter will be the scrapes on their knees.

 

Why am I so hurt? Is it the nightmares? But it's not real. They are just figments of my imagination. Why am I so hurt? I don't like this feeling. Why does it seem so real? Chanyeol sips on his cup of coffee quietly.

 

Baek feels so distant lately. I haven't even told him why I went there. Chanyeol sighs, his lover kept him busy the other day that he couldn't comfort his friend. Is he hurting? Is my best friend feeling the same thing I feel right now? He shouldn't. Because it hurts. A lot.

 

Chanyeol misses Baekhyun. And so, he decides to call him.

 

One,

 

Two,

 

Th--

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Baek!" Chanyeol happily replies. Although before, it only takes Baekhyun to answer after one ring, Chanyeol ignores the change.

 

"Y-yeol? What's up?" Chanyeol hears how hesitant his best friend sounds in his ears. It must be the phone. Or the signal. Right.

 

"I miss you Baek~ Can we meet? I'm in a cafe near my apartment right now."

 

"How about I come over to your place?"

 

"Sounds good. I'll prepare your favorite!" Chanyeol happily hangs up the phone, of course with a good bye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll tell Baekhyun about my nightmares and apologize. I know it's not true and yet I'm having dreams about it. That's right. I'll apologize. I hope he won't hate me. Chanyeol fiddles with his hands, waiting for Baekhyun to talk. Chanyeol clears his throat, Why is he nervous? Chanyeol shouldn't be nervous. This is his best friend in front of him! Why is he feeling uncomfortable? Chanyeol feels like crying. Why is it hard to confront his best friend?

 

"Yeol, why did you want to meet up?" Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun with hurt flashing on his face.

 

"What?" He croaks. "I can't meet my best friend now?"

 

He watches Baekhyun shake his head, "It's not that. It's just... I don't know Yeol." Baekhyun sounds so hurt and lost. And Chanyeol feels the same way.

 

"It's been a while, huh?" Chanyeol says quietly, his gaze on the table in between them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter