Broken

The Forsaken Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'll back off so you can live better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol doesn't know where to go. He absolutely doesn't want to go back in his parent's home. Not that he hates them, no. He loves them a lot that he doesn't want to bother and worry them with his state. He obviously can't go to his best friend... Chanyeol is conflicted. He wants to go into his best friend's arms to find comfort, but right now, he can't find it in himself to go over to Baekhyun. As much as he wants to, he can't because Baekhyun is involved in this screwed up situation.

 

Walking down the street, with the sky slowly turning tired, the red and orange streaks slowly turns into a lavander and soft hues of orange. His bag seems heavy, his body feels like its burning and his eyes are stinging. Chanyeol is tired. But he doesn't know where to go. He wants his mom. But he doesn't want to make her worry. She has enough problems, same goes with his father and sister. Chanyeol sighs, thinking of how few are the people he trusts. Then he remembers, Kyungsoo.

 

The one behind this all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With classical music playing in the background, Kyungsoo graciously prepares his and his boyfriend's dinner. Oh, and his best friend too. Jongin decides to visit him today. The boy and Kyungsoo's boyfriend are playing in the living room. Kyungsoo doesn't know its name. He is never interested in things like that. He prefer movies. Action movies than action games. It's better and less movements are made so why not movies?

 

Kyungsoo hums together with the music, letting the water boil with its content. Hearing his boyfriend's and best friend's laugh, he smiles in contentment. But his peaceful time gets interrupted by the sudden ringing of the doorbell. Startled, he looks around. He can't leave the food so he shouts "YAH! Kkamjong! Make yourself useful and open the door!"

 

He hears a grunt in reply but nevertheless, footsteps follow. Curious, but not that curious, Kyungsoo continues to finish the dinner. Just boil it till it's fine. He reminds himself. Then remembers that he needs a few salt to make it more tasty. Reaching up the cupboards, he tiptoes and successfully grabs the salt holder, only for it to fall and break on the floor. Glasses and salts are scattered, but Kyungsoo doesn't care. He heard his best friend gasp and mutter, "Chanyeol" before.

 

"Kyungsoo?!" He hears his boyfriend call for him. But he doesn't utter a word. He immediately closes the stove and carefully skips through the mess, I'll clean it later, he states in his mind. Chanyeol comes first. He rushes to the front door, only to find Chanyeol looking at Jongin with an awkward stare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin feels like all the air in his body left. He can't breathe. Not when the eyes he truly wants to see is staring directly at him. Although it isn't how he imagines their first eye contact would be. He thought it'd be rather magical, seeing Chanyeol's eyes sparkling and looking at him with love, well okay he's imagination really runs wild but seriously. He knows not to expect things like that when Chanyeol is suffering from his current relationship.

 

Chanyeol's bloodshot eyes is not what Jongin expects. It is staring at him, without any thought or recognition. Somehow, Jongin feels Kyungsoo's hands shoving him to the side, uttering words like 'Chanyeol needs to rest,' 'go take his things in my room'. Jongin just nods. Seeing how empty Chanyeol's eyes was, he can only feel sadness building up in him. Is that how affected he is with his lover? He must've really loved him.

 

Jongin wants to change that look in Chanyeol's eyes. He wants to see it sparkle and shine with love. It may not be directed at him, but he can't or his heart can't accept how broken the person he love is. He then, decides to help Chanyeol stand up from his fall. From a painful fall.

 

Two days was all it took for Chanyeol to come out of Kyungsoo's room. Although he looks like , Jongin still thinks he looks wonderful. Beautiful, even.

 

Joonmyeon and Jongin introduces themselves to Chanyeol, as the boyfriend and best friend of Kyungsoo respectively. Chanyeol softly smiles at them. He bows and introduces himself before apologizing for intruding in Kyungsoo's private time. The latter waves him off, saying there's a lot of time for everyone. Jongin thinks Chanyeol is taking the break up really well.

 

To be honest, he's expecting the latter to break down and cry every night. To be mute and be broken every single day after their break up. But Chanyeol is different. He smiles and laughs, although softly, it is better than nothing. Five days was all it took for Jongin to confess his feelings for Chanyeol. Albeit the latter rejects him kindly, he smiles and says, we're both broken, so why not help each other?

 

 

 

And that is all it takes for Chanyeol to smile genuinely.

 

Five long nights of not sleeping next to Kris has made Chanyeol think. Think of things and what they could be. They could be spending their nights cuddling, and whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears. They could be having sweet dreams, not nightmare. They could be... Chanyeol sighs. He turns on his left side, hugging a pillow. Wishing it's Kris.

 

No matter how hurt he feels, the love for the latter wouldn't leave. Chanyeol knows how much he loves Kris. Too much, I love him too much to actually forget him. Can I forgive him now? It's been almost a week and I really miss him. Can we go back together again? I can't take this any longer. I don't care if he cheated on me. He's all I need. Kris is all I need.

 

Chanyeol feels an invisble hand choking him, stopping him from breathing. He feels pain all over his heart. His mind running a thousand times, thinking about the things he could've said. Kris. Kris. Kris. He chants, wishing the latter would show up and take all the pain away.

 

Holding back a whimper, sleep decides to visit him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the sixth day, an unexpected visitor shows up in front of Kyungsoo's ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter