As a man

Another Story

The man and the woman were talking happily while sipping their coffees at the café. They chatted about everything and anything they could think of. They were in the midst of a pleasant conversation when suddenly another man stormed upon them and took the woman away. They disappeared into thin air before the man could do anything. 


“Sunye~” Donghae called out as he woke up from his dream in sweat. Donghae’s dream felt so real and to calm himself down, he went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. 


As a man, he could not stop thinking about the woman he likes.


As a man, he regretted his transient effort to ‘grab’ her before.


As a man, he knew that it is wrong for him to want her.


As a man, he does not want to care about the consequences.





*~*~*




Jiyong was getting ready to have dinner with Sunye that night. It has been a while since they had a candle light dinner together. He was in the midst of choosing accessories to match his outfit when he heard Sunye’s phone rang. 



“Jagiya, your phone is ringing” Jiyong shouted from outside the bathroom door. 



“Who is it, yeobo? Can you get the message for me?” Sunye responded, she was taking her shower. 



“I don’t know, there is no caller ID” Jiyong replied as he pressed the answer button. 



“Hello, this is Sunye’s phone, I’m Kwon Jiyong, her husband. She can’t take your call at the moment” Jiyong answered politely. 



“Erm, Jiyong?” The voice belongs to a male. Jiyong wondered who it was because Sunye rarely received any call from men. All the important calls related to work from any male workers are handled by her manager. Furthermore the person called Sunye after working hours which made Jiyong more wary. 



“Ah yes. May I know who this is? I’ll pass the message to Sunye” 



“It’s hyung, Lee Donghae. I got Sunye’s phone number from my manager” Donghae introduced himself.



Jiyong was taken aback when he knew who the caller was.‘What does hyung want to talk about with Sunye? Why does he call her on her mobile phone? But the most important, what is his real intention?’ Jiyong felt a bad omen about the call. 



“Hello?” Donghae snapped Jiyong from his thoughts. 



“Ah, hyung, wait a minute. Sunye just got out from the bathroom” he said as he passed the phone to Sunye. 



“It’s Donghae” Jiyong informed her. Sunye had a confused look on her face but she still took the phone from Jiyong. 



“Yes, Donghae oppa. Sunye here, I was in the bathroom just now. Is there anything important?” Sunye asked politely while staring at Jiyong who was also listening to their conversation – he was playing around with her bathrobe. 



“Actually, it’s not really important, I just want to let you know that the MV will be out tomorrow. Besides, the other day I didn’t have the chance to thank you and ask about your injury. Did you get the fruits from my manager?” Donghae said. 



Sunye recalled the incident that happened almost two months ago, she received a basket of fruits from Donghae’s manager and a ‘get well soon’ card the next day. “Ah yes, oppa. Thanks for the fruits. My ankle is okay now” Sunye answered. 



“It’s good to hear that you are okay. Anyway, I just called to ask how you have been” Donghae said, he was at lost to say anything more. All he wanted was to hear Sunye’s voice only.



“Thank you, oppa. Sorry, I have to go now I’m getting ready to go out with Jiyong oppa” 



“Oh! Okay, sorry to disturb you. Have a good evening, Sunye. Send my regards to Jiyong” Donghae said, disenchant. 



“You too, oppa. Good bye and take care” Sunye hung up and turned to Jiyong. “Donghae oppa sends his regards to you”



“Just regards? It seems that my wife has an admirer” Jiyong said sarcastically. 



“Yeobo, please don’t start. You know that Donghae oppa and I are just friends. He is our sunbae” Sunye answered. She disliked it when Jiyong like that. 



“But why does he have your number? And why must he call you through your personal mobile?” Jiyong could not help but asked Sunye the question that has hovered over his mind. 



“I am not sure, yeobo. He said that he got my number from his manager and he just called to say thanks and ask how I'm doing since we last met two months ago” Honestly, Sunye hated where their conversation is going. She knew that her husband is a bit possessive but more than that she felt disappointed that he could not trust her. It’s not important whether Donghae likes her or not because she treats him not more than a brother.



“What’s so important that he has to call you at night? As a guy, I can tell that he still has feelings for you, jagiya” Jiyong continued without holding back his words. 



“Yeobo, does it really matter? I am married to you and whether he has feelings for me that’s not important. I don’t understand why do you have to bring up this matter at the first place?” Sunye said as she disappeared into her closet, trying to hold her emotion and avoid Jiyong’s further comment. Sometimes she suspects that Jiyong didn’t trust her love and loyalty as his wife and that frustrates her more. 



Jiyong followed her, “Okay, relax. I was just asking. But, you should tell your manager not to give your number to anyone unnecessarily.” Jiyong massaged her shoulder to wind her down. 



Sunye turned and looked at her husband, “Yeobo, you don’t trust me as your wife is it? Do I look like a person who easily fall for someone?” 



The question took Jiyong by surprise, “No, that’s not what I meant. I was just..” 



“Just what, yeobo?” Sunye could not contain her anger. She walked out from their closet and went to sit on their bed trying to calm herself. Jiyong just stood where he was and watched her.



“I am sorry yeobo, but I just don’t have the mood to go out now” Sunye regretted saying as she just wanted to let out her frustration but don’t know to whom or what and end up being immature. 



“But why?” 



Sunye decided she is just being childish and reconsidered her intention but before she could continue, Jiyong interrupted. 



“It’s all hyung’s fault. He should not have called and spoil the mood” Jiyong openly showing his frustration and jealousy. 



“Yeobo, why blame someone else when you know clearly whose fault it was at the first place?” Sunye blurted out, feeling ridicule by Jiyong’s remark. 



“Are you blaming me now?” Jiyong confronted her with an unbelievable look on his face. 



“Yeobo, just forget it. I don’t want to talk about this anymore” Sunye wanted to end the conversation because she did not want to make the matter worse.



“Fine, if you are not going then I’m going out, alone” 



“Go ahead, go out without me as if I care” Sunye retorted. 



“I’m going and I know you don’t care” Jiyong said as he walked out of the room. 



Moments later, Sunye heard the front door bang loudly as her tears started to fall uncontrollably. 



This is their first big argument since they got married almost two years ago. 




*~*~*




Contemplating on his way to the car park, Jiyong knew he should go back and console his wife. 


As a man, he hates it when he unintentionally hurt her. 


As a man, he should love and cherish her. 


As a man, he knew he could trust her love and loyalty. 


But as a man, he just couldn’t let go of his ego.





.: Author's Note :.
I guess some of you in the earlier chapters had predicted that trouble between G-Ye will come soon, so here it is lol Honestly, I have trouble writing a ‘quarrel scene’ – I know it is ridiculous to say but it is hard for me to imagine G-Ye quarrel, I mean in my fandom hehehe. Enough said, anyway today is a special day for our beloved Min Leader because she turns 23 years old (Korean age). To all fans, don’t forget to wish happybdaysunye today at Sunye's twitter (@WGsun). 





Posted Image
credit: jenny96.tumblr