I'll keep you safe.

304 Days

----------

You helped Jong In to a lawn not far from the hallway. You let him lay down on the grass to rest. Your heart ached when you saw how he was trying to hold in the pain. “ Jonginie….” You quickly closed your mouth after mouthing those words. “Hmm…?” Jong In opened his eyes and looked at you. He tried to speak but his mouth was hurting him. You could see that and you took out your handkerchief to wipe his injury. Suddenly, Jong In took your hand up and started to trace something on your palm. O…P…P…A..he traced. You knew what he wanted. You smiled at him sweetly before calling him again. “ Jong In oppa ..” Your hands had the sudden urge to touch him. You started pushing his hair back. You both locked eye contact for a moment before looking away. “Uhm….i better get back to class now..” Jong In said. You didn’t want him to leave but you couldn’t do anything. “ Yeah, sure…see you around.” You said. He stood up and proceeded to leave but you grabbed his wrist. Without letting him respond, you hugged him tightly. “ Thank….thank you for standing up for me Jong In…oppa.” He smiled and messed up your hair. “ Neh…it was nothing. See you around. “ He said. “ Pabo !” You yelled at him for messing up your hair but blushed at the thought of it.

6 months left.

----------

Days passed and you realized that Jong In was not what you expected in the past. He was actually pretty kind and caring.

You went on a few dates with him. Movie dates, shopping dates, dinner, lunch , whatever you name it. Jong In would give you the warmth of a boyfriend that Jae-Sung used to give you. He would clear out his schedules for you, spend time with you, stay up all night just because you couldn’t sleep and so on. You liked Jong In. But you were too afraid to fall in love again.

------------

“ Close your eyes. “

An hour ago, Jong In brought you out from your house and drove you to somewhere. You didn’t know why and where was the place. He just arrived at the doorstep and asked you change.

“ Why? “

“ We’re almost there. “

You obediently shut your eyes. After a few minutes, Jong In parked his car and got down. “ Don’t peak. “ Jong In said as he helped you out from the car. He held your hands and guided you to way.

“ Okay, you can open it now. “

Your eyes fluttered open.

You took in the sight of the scene before you as you felt the gritty sand rubbing against your feet.

You realized something. “ Jong In, why isn’t there anyone here?”

He chuckled. “ It’s a private beach. “

You widened your eyes in shock. “ Are we trespassing on someone’s property ?!”

“ No you pabo ! Its mine. “

“ Really? “

“ Yeah my dad left this beach for me. “

Jong In was rich. His father owned lots of property all around Korea. Silly you didn’t think of that before.

“ Come on, are you just gonna stand there? “ Jong In shouted and you noticed he was already in the water.

You ran and soaked your feet in the salt water. You wanted to step in deeper to join Jong In in the water. But then you stopped.

“ I cant… I cant swim..” You stammered. He got up and walked towards you and reached out his hand. “ Trust me. “ He smiled, assuring you it was okay. Once your body was in the water, you looked at Jong In. “ It is safe to swim? “ Then, you accidentally slipped on some dead seaweed. You shouted and clutched on Jong In. He pulled you in his embrace. “ I’ll keep you safe. “ You closed your eyes and rested on him. “ I know you will. “

You didn’t know how long you stayed there in his arms. The sky was painted with a coat of bright orange, indicating it was time to go home.

You moved away from Jong In. “Its getting late Jong In, shouldn’t we be going now before it gets too dark? “

He seemed unhappy. “ Yeah we should. “

“ But our clothes…”

“ You can change them here, I wont look and there is no one here.”

“ Aish..pabo ! Are you crazy? Here?”

“ Well do we have any other options? “

“ No…just look away ! “

Jong In looked away and you slipped of your wet clothes quickly, changing into a strapless sundress.

“ Jong In-ah, Im done. “ You signaled him.

He turned around and gasped lightly. You blushed a little seeing his expression. He walked towards you. He liked the way your hair was in a messy beachy wave style.

He handed over the car keys. “ Get in the car beautiful. I have to change too. “

You started walked to the car and you suddenly heard him shout. “ Don’t peek !”

You smiled at his childishness.  What made you fall in love with him so much?

-------------