Someplace only we know.

304 Days

---------

You closed your eyes as you felt the wind blowing lightly against your skin. You inhaled the strong scent of saltwater as your feet brushed against the gritty sand. You slowly opened your eyes to take in the beautiful scene of the vast ocean. The sun shimmered on the surface of the water. You were glad that you were finally away from everything. You felt relaxed and calm. You wanted to stay here forever. Away from reality. You always came here when you needed a break from life.

You used to come here with Jae-Sung. You both called this place your secret hideout. Jae-Sung would come over with movies and popcorn, and you’ll end up falling asleep in his arms. He would kiss you on the forehead and carry you up to the room to tuck you in bed. But that was the past. You missed Jae-Sung. Sure, you told everyone that you were over it. You knew you weren’t.

You washed the sand off your feet as you stepped in the house. You put your stuff down as you proceeded to the kitchen to make a drink. You grabbed your favorite mug and took out a sachet of tea. Leaving your mug on the table, you sat down on the couch and noticed a note. You picked up the note and read it aloud.

 

“ Do you believe in magic? “

 

----------

1….2…..3….its been 3 days since you last showed up at school. Jong In was getting worried. He didn’t know the reason why yet he kept blaming himself. She probably got freaked out because I hugged her the other day. Jong In, you messed up big time! Jong In whispered to himself and suddenly raised his voice. “ Pabo ah !!!” The whole class, including the teacher had their eyes on him. “ Mr Kim, is there anything wrong?” She asked strictly. “ Ah, no..” “Good, please pay attention. “ She said before continuing her lesson.

This pabo Mi-Hyun. Where are you?! Don’t you know that I miss you.

After school, he saw Jae-Sung with Ga Yun. Damn, this idiot probably knows where she is. Should I go up to him? Jong In didn’t want to talk to Jae-Sung. Just once, for her. He dragged himself to Jae-Sung and excused him from Ga Yun.

“What do you want now?”

“Do you know where Mi-Hyun is?”

“How the heck would I know?”

“Please.”

“I really don’t. She and I are over.”

“Fine. Sorry for wasting your precious time with Ga Yun.”

Jong In walked away from Jae-Sung disappointed. He was devastated. Even Eun-Gi didn’t know where she was. Mi-Hyun, stop making me worry. Come home please?

----------

 

Jong In looked up into the starry sky as he thought of Mi-Hyun. The stars tonight are so beautiful, just like you. He wondered how she was and what was she doing now. Was she looking up at the sky and admiring the stars too? Did she miss him like how he missed her too? He reached out for his phone when his message alert rang.

Mi-Hyun is at 39th street, near Daecheon. Don’t have to thank me. Hurry up and get there. –JS

Jae-Sung? Jong In stared at his phone screen. It was certainly rare for Jae-Sung to do this. He hesitated, he didn’t know whether to trust Jae-Sung or not. But it seemed like he had no other choice if he wanted to get to her.

After he packed his stuff, he hopped in his car for his journey to Daecheon beach. The night was still young, the breeze brushing against his tanned skin as he drove 100mph on the highway. The skies were clear, but Jong In’s mind was not. What if she freaks out if I found her? What if she doesn’t want to see me? She probably doesn’t feel the same way I feel about her. Questions and doubts filled up Jong In’s mind.