I don't love you, right?

304 Days

----------

This is it. Jong In said, staring at a little holiday home near the beach. He parked his car and locked it. He proceeded to the door to knock on it. He was still nervous about this and he didn’t know how would you react to it.

----------

Knock knock ! You were in the shower when you heard the door knock. Aishhh…who is this pabo knocking on the door at 11pm ?! You hurried out of the bathroom. You just simply wrapped your hair in a towel and then put on some comfortable clothes. You didn’t know who to be mad at. The idiot who is knocking on your door or you yourself that takes midnight showers.

“WHAAT DO YOU —— Jong In?” You yelled when you opened the door and then gradually lowered your voice down when you saw that handsome face. How did he know I was here? Jong In looked frightened by your yelling but slowly smiled at you. “ Mi-Hyun, I’m so glad you’re alright ! You know how worried was I when you were absent for so many days?! Do you even know- “ Jong In blurted out everything but soon realized he was giving out too much information.  You both exchanged awkward glances. You decided to bring up the conversation again. “ Why were you so worried ? Haha Jong In you’re silly !” You said in a joking manner. Jong In looked at you and hesitated. You could see that he was having trouble replying and you didn’t want to force an answer out of him. “ Never mind, get inside. Its chilly here. “ You invited him inside. Honestly, it was really very windy outside during the night time.

“ I…” Jong In started. “ Hmmm?” You turned to face him. “ I like you Mi-Hyun. I know you wont like me back. It’s okay I understand. I just wanted to check if you were alright. I won’t bother you anymore. Goodnight. “ Jong In said, eyes filled with sadness. “ Wait, what?” You didn’t get him. “ Its okay. Take care of yourself Mi-Hyun. “ Jong In forced a smile for you. After that, he drove away with his car.

What on earth is he talking about.

----------

Distance.

Pain.

Ignorance.

It all seemed to finally hit you. You didn’t know that Jong In would make such a big impact on you. You didn’t know when did it start happening, but it felt like your heart was taken away by him. Your heart pounded every single time you looked at him. He didn’t talk to you after that night. But somehow you missed him, and deep inside you secretly hoped that he missed you too. Jae-Sung? You were over him. You finally realized what an he was. Few days ago, he dumped Ga Yun for a pretty new transfer student.

What an . You thought as you put your books into your locker. You suddenly caught a glimpse of Jong In, a few feet away from you. Your heart stopped for a moment as your mind started to recall that night. I like you Mi-Hyun. His voice seemed to echo inside your head as he looked at you. You tried to tell yourself it wasn’t love.

Well, of course it wasn’t love ! Heck, I barely know this boy. You mumbled as you hurried past the hallway. You looked down as you walked past the students and suddenly bumped into someone. “ Oh look, who do we have here? Isn’t it little Mi-Hyun all lost without me?” You looked up and saw Jae-Sung looking at you with a mocking manner. “ What do you want?” You asked him, unamused. “ Nothing, just checking on how you were doing without me” He said as he tilt up chin up with his finger and looked into your eyes. “ Oh my, you’re lost without me!” He said before bursting out with laughter.

“ Get your filthy face away from her !” Jong In suddenly appeared from no where and pushed Jae-Sung away. You were shocked and your body was paralyzed. Jae-Sung looked at Jong In. “ Oh well well…look what we have here? Prince charming aka Kim Jong In. What a nice time to barge in. Pushing me away? Lets see what you’re made of !” And with that, Jae-Sung punched Jong In right in the face.  “You think you’re so good now? Remember who gave you Mi-Hyun’s address so you could find her? You ungrateful bastard!” Jae-Sung said as he slammed his fist onto Jong In’s stomach. What? So that was how Jong In got to my house the other day ! Your thoughts were once again interrupted when Jong In let out a cry of pain and dropped to the floor after Jae-Sung punched him. “ Jong In !!!!” You cried as you tried to help him up. You looked in horror as a blood trickled down from Jong In’s lips. You couldn’t believe what Jae-Sung just did. “ Come on Jae-Sung, lets go..” The voice belonged to a pretty girl that buried herself in Jae-Sung’s arms. Jae-Sung looked at both of you again before leaving.

----------