Pepero

Pepero

 

Dear Tiffany,

 

Happy Pepero Day! I hope you enjoy it.

 

Love you.

 

Tiffany smiled as she read the little yellow post it stuck onto the box of pink strawberry flavored Pocky that was placed inside her handbag. There was no name signed off, but the cursive handwriting and the English gave away that it was from Jessica. No surprise there, as the girl has given her a box of Pepero every single Pepero Day for as long as she could remember. It was a sad reminder of her single status, considering that she only received gifts from her best friend, but the little gift itself made up for her lack of a love life due to her busy schedule as Tiffany of Girls’ Generation.

Tiffany happily held the gift to her chest and looked around their assigned changing room, trying to find the member who has given her the present. She spotted the sole brunette curled up on the sofa in the corner of the empty room, earphones in her ears, seemingly asleep.

Jessica stirred when she felt a presence by her side, someone sitting down beside her, and opened an eye to check her surroundings. Upon seeing Tiffany staring at her with a wide grin that made her eyes smile along, Jessica opened the other eye as well, an eyebrow rising in question.

“Thank you, Jessi.” Tiffany energetically opened the box and stuck a Pocky stick into , nibbling on it joyously.

Jessica smiled and nodded to accept the gratitude before closing her eyes again and resting her head against the wall. A poke on her arm disturbed her bubble of sleepiness; it was Tiffany again, the girl offering her a biscuit stick this time.

Jessica refused it but nodded her head when presented with a banana.

“Sorry I don’t have any Pepero to give you, but I do have this banana from breakfast. I heard you lost yours in the car. It’s healthier anyways!”

Tiffany settled down in her seat and sighed in contentment. Jessica took out her earphones, knowing that she won’t be going back to dreamland anytime soon, but she was willing to stay awake to chat with Tiffany any time of the day.

“Have you ever wondered why we have Pepero Day?”

Jessica pondered on the question for a while, peeling the banana in the process.

“The Pepero Company probably created it so that they can increase their sales.”

“Gosh Jessi, can’t you be more unromantic?!” Tiffany face-palmed herself and glared at her friend for ruining the mood.

Jessica just shrugged playfully. “I guess I’m just not a romantic.”

“Says the girl who never forgets to get me Pepero on these days.”

Jessica shrugged again and took a bite out of the banana, turning away to cover up her blushing cheeks.

“Ever wondered why I always give you Pepero on this day?”

Tiffany took a stick of the said biscuit and stuck it into Jessica’s open mouth, leaning forward to press a kiss onto the girl’s cheek as well. “Because you’re the only one who loves me enough to do so.”

Jessica turned her head away while chewing onto the biscuit. The answer brought butterflies into her stomach and the kiss made her feel warm throughout, not an unwanted feeling though.

“Your question is true. Why Pepero?” She redirected the conversation away from her.

“Maybe because it has chocolate, but it’s not chocolate?” Tiffany thought out loud while biting the coating off the tip a new biscuit stick.

Jessica watched Tiffany play with the stick. The girl’s eyes were round as she looked at the snack in , her cheeks looking like a rabbit’s as she nibbled, and her lips pouted as she onto the biscuit; to sum it all up, Tiffany looked adorable, cute like a little rabbit. Jessica felt herself blushing again at the thought, still staring at the oblivious girl who kept on eating her snack cutely.

“I think I know why.” Jessica heard herself say.

“Why?” The round eyes were now fixed on Jessica.

Jessica turned her body to face Tiffany, and holding the girl still by the shoulders, she leaned in and took the other end of the Pepero stick in . She nibbled her way forward quickly, taking advantage of Tiffany’s always-late reaction, and pressed her lips against the surprised girl’s.

Tiffany blinked away the shock and let out a gasp when Jessica finally released her from her grasp. The Pepero box dropped away from her hand when Jessica her lips clean of the biscuit crumbs and looked at her, smiling shyly. The way Jessica just away the crumbs looked so cute to Tiffany, and her impromptu actions seemed so romantic that Tiffany felt the blood rushing up to her cheeks.

“Jessi… I—I,” Tiffany opened , but then closed it again, not knowing what to say.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking.” Jessica looked away, feeling embarrassed and greatly disappointed.

“I—I,” Tiffany tried again.

“I acted without thinking. I’m sorry if you didn’t like it.” Jessica felt tears coming up at the back of her eyes, but the descent of her heart into the pit of her stomach stopped when a warm hand was rested against the side of her face.

“Jessi?”

Jessica gathered up her courage and faced the other side again, holding the hand in case it’s going to disappear like her hopes.

“Jessi, I’ll be waiting to get chocolates from you on Valentine’s Day.” Tiffany grinned, finally getting over the shock and processing her thoughts and feelings. “In return for my heart.”

 

 

A/N: happy pepero day everyone! hope everyone can be happily with their loved ones. and hope u enjoyed this short oneshot

:D

do comment, upvote, and spread the love~

and sorry for posting up the chapter late cuz i fell asleep waiting for the webpage to load :S