Do I Love You?

Insufferable Love

  Su Yung sat in a corner, her legs drawn to her chest as the tears rolled down her cheeks. It hurts. Her heart ached just thinking about Eli. Seung-chul explained everything to her. How Eli killed her brother that night. Su Yung didn't want to believe but she had to. She knew deep down inside that she had fell for Eli but just when everything seem so perfect for them, the horrible past haunted her. Now she didn't know what to think of Eli. All she wanted was to get away from him, to never let him touch her again. Those hands that murdered her brother, she couldn't bare to touch it. 

  Su Yung cried and cried until there were no more tears yet she sat there staring out of the window. The sky was dark and there were stars out there. It was beautiful. Su Yung hated it, how could anything look so beautiful when her life is in such a horrible mess. Looking at the stars made her sad. She remember that she used to sit under the stars at a night like this with her brother. They would admire the stars and play a game together. The person who could find the brightest star would win. Life was so perfect back then with nothing to worry about. 

 It wasn't like Su Yung hated her life now, she just wanted to see her brother again. When Eli entered her life, everything seemed perfect again. She felt safe with him. As if Eli fill in the empty space in her heart. The only problem was...Eli. If Eli hadn't murdered her brother she would never have met him. Yet, it seems as if she was trading something in return for something. And it cost her brother's life. It was cruel. Su Yung sat there for hours and hours until sleep came to her and engulfed her. That night, she had the most horrible dream ever. 

 Su Yung dreamed of the scene where Eli murdered her brother. The younger Eli was stumbling along the alley, obviously very drunk. He had a gun in his hand, though it felt weird how Eli got it in the first place. Hyun Su, Su Yung's brother, was also walking from the other direction. Quickly, Hyun Su increase his pace and pass Eli. Just when Hyun Su was about to get out of the narrow alley, Eli called something to him which made Hyun Su turn. Then within a second, Eli fired the gun straight at Hyun Su. Shock evident in his eyes, Hyun Su fell to his knees with blood seeping out of the wound. 

Su Yung woke up suddenly.

  She was sweating a lot despite the cold winter air. She sat where she remembered from last night. Still in her work clothes in the corner of her room. There were tears in her eyes as the picture came into her mind again. Quickly, she wiped it away and stood up. Her legs were weak but she manage to walk to her cupboard where she kept all her money. Su Yung has been saving her money so she could study abroad. She counted the money and was surprise to find such a large amount. It was more than enough for her to go abroad. She could finally make her dream come true.

 Su Yung should feel happy but strangely, she wasn't feeling anything at all. Instead, she felt sad for some reason. If she study abroad that would mean she would be leaving Eli alone...Su Yung mentally smacked herself. Why was she thinking of him at a time like this. Grimly, Su Yung pack up the money and close her cupboard. She got ready for work. Standing in front of the mirror, Su Yung saw how terrible she looked. Her eyes were puffy red from all the crying so she tried to wash her face and put on some light make-up. It was a feeble attempt to cover up but Su Yung didn't care.

xxx

 Eli arrived at the cafe a little later than usual. Seung-chul greeted him with a kind smile and continued his work. Looking around, Eli tried to find Su Yung which wasn't there. He was a little dissapointed. After last night, he really wanted to see her and explain everything to her. It took a lot of effort for Eli to convice himself not to fall for all the alcohol again. Instead, he doused himself with a few cans of 'Red Bull'. Unaware of how he had taken a liking to that energy drink. Perhaps Su Yung quit her job...

 Shaking his head, Eli shrug of the negative thoughts. Su Yung wouldn't stop working just because of him. She was probably just late. It turn out as Eli predicted, Su Yung came in later. She looked terrible. Her eyes was still red, probably from all the crying and her shirt was still a little crumpled. Eli tried to call Su Yung but she didn't answer. She didn't even dare to glance at him. Her face was hung low all day. The only thing Eli and Su Yung talked about was when Eli pass the order from the customer to her. It was barely even a sentance!

 That day ended pretty badly. Eli had to eat all by himself as Su Yung refuse to leave the cafe even for lunch. Su Yung probably skipped lunch. Seung-chul closed up the shop, thanked both of them and left. Finally Eli and Su Yung were alone. Even then, Su Yung refuse to look at Eli. She packed up her things and started walking off. Eli called her name quickly but Su Yung didn't respond. Eli tried to call again but Su Yung still walked on. A little angrily, Eli held onto Su Yung's wrist and made her face him. What Eli saw shocked him. Su Yung was in tears.

 "Su Yung..." Eli trailed off. Su Yung tried to push his hand away but she was too weak. Gods help her, she was even crying for no reason. But Su Yung had enough. Throughout the whole day she's tried her very best to smile to all the customer and stop the tears but it was too much now. She literally just broke down. Deperate, Su Yung tried to pry Eli's hand off again but failed. "Su Yung, please...let's talk." Eli pleaded. 

 "No...I don't want to talk to you. W-We have nothing to talk about." Su Yung said, her voice trembling a little. Eli tightened his grip on her. 

 "Please...if this is all because of me then you can hit me. If you hate me then just hit me. You can hit me all you want but please...don't ignore me." Eli said, his voice cracking a little. 

 "Who said i hate you?" Su Yung asked angrily. Eli looked at her a little shock, hope filled into his heart just to be crush again when Su Yung continued. "The person i hate the most right now isn't you. It's myself. I hate myself for falling in love with you. I hate myself for falling in love with a person who murdered my brother!" Su Yung almost shouted. Eli felt a painful stab in his heart. His grip loosen and Su Yung quickly snatch her hand away. 

 Eli stood there, shocked as he see Su Yung running away from him. He felt like a monster. He couldn't bear to look himself in the mirror. At that moment, he hoped he never existed. He was born just to create misery. He hated himself more than anything in the world. 


[A/N] Hehe ^^ 2nd last chapter Xp Now i'm thinking on wether or not to turn this into a happy ending or a sad one. I've never really tried a sad ending though...should i? Well~Last chapter would be updated soon :p Thanks for reading =) 

Comments and feedbacks are much appreciated ^^

If you guys would, please subscribe and upvote my story =)

would really love that XD