The Past

Insufferable Love

  Eli waited in front of Su Yung's school. He had the day off from Seung-chul and since it's been some time since he stepped into a high school, he was curious about the present school life. 4years locked away in a prison made Eli forget a lot of things. Shuffling his feet, Eli felt nervous at the eyes that were upon him. All the passing students stare at Eli curiously. Without him noticing, a couple of girls who passed him whispered in low voices among themself.

   "I wonder who is he...he's so good-looking. Is he waiting for someone?" A girl whisper and walked out of the school door with her friends.

  Moments later, Eli saw Su Yung walking out of the school with a few friends. When he was just about to call her, Su Yung noticed him and whispered something to her friends before walking towards him. 

  "What are you doing here?" Su Yung demanded a little angrily. Eli looked at her, puzzled.

 "Seung-chul gave us the day off and he told me to tell you about it. And since i don't have your number, i just came here." Eli said innocently. 

 "You can't come here! What if my friends misunderstood." Su Yung said. Eli looked at her weirdly. He really didn't get Su Yung. He didn't understand what is there to be misunderstood. Just then Su Yung's friends walk past them and one of them looked at Eli then turn to Su Yung.

 "Is this your boyfriend, Su Yung-ah?" The black-hair girl asked. Su Yung tried to deny but the question that was coming out from her friends mouth was too much that it covered her own voice.

 "You didn't tell us you have a boyfriend!" Another said.

  "He's pretty good-looking, you know. What's your name?" A brown-hair girl asked. Nervously, Eli replied her. 

 "He's not my boyfriend! He's just a friend of mine!" Su Yung shouted to them and push all of them away. After her friends left unwilingly, Su Yung returned back to Eli, she looked frustrated. 

 "Come on let's go." Su Yung said and walked off with Eli. They grabbed some hot chocolate and sat at a cafe casually. It was cold since it was winter and Eli felt better after drinking a few sips of steaming chocolate. They sat there akwardly and Eli tried to strike up a conversation.

 "Are you living with your family?" Eli asked. Su Yung shook her head but did not reply. Instead, she looked uneasy and...afraid? Eli noticed it too but he didn't know what to do. He really wanted to get to know Su Yung better but with Su Yung not replying him, it was hard. A little akwardly, Eli tried again. "Who are you living with?" Eli asked nervously, biting his lips at the same time. Again, Su Yung refused to reply him. When Eli caught a glimpse of Su Yung's face, he saw a single tear falling. Quickly, he held onto her hand, afraid to scare her so suddenly.

 "You don't need to tell me...it's alright." Eli said quickly. Su Yung quickly wipe her tear and looked deep into Eli's eyes. She found kindness there. After thinking to herself for some minutes, she decided to tell everything to him. After all, she's buried the truth of her past for 4 long years. And the horrible past was killing her day by day, haunting her. Su Yung needed someone to tell to. She needed someone to listen to her. She needed to relieve the burden that only got heavier every single passing day. 

 "Would you listen?" Su Yung asked quietly. Eli nodded quickly. Then Su Yung started her story.

 "I'm not living with anyone. When i was 14, my mother left with another man and my father committed suicide. Leaving my 18 year old brother and me alone. That time, our lives were anything but happy. Our family was gone and we had no money. My brother started working part-time, earning money for both of us. It was hard but we lived it through. We lived like that for a year or so. For a moment, i was happy. Just living with my brother was good enough. But 4 years ago...my brother was murdered. He was on his way home from work and while he was in an alley, a drunk guy pulled out a gun and shot him in the heart..." Su Yung said. As she said it, Eli's heart pounded so hard until it hurt. 

 He immediately knew who the murderer was. It was none other than himself. That was no wonder Su Yung had the same first name as his victim. But that wasn't enough proof to say it was Eli who killed her brother. But whatever she said connected all the dots. Eli breathed harder as Su Yung continued the story. It seemed like the policeman told Su Yung about the crime scene but have not mention the murderer's name. Whatever it was, Su Yung didn't know who Eli was yet. As Su Yung slowly told Eli the story, the flashback of the night he was drunk ran through his mind like a wave.


FLASHBACK:

 The loud music pounded rapidly and people were dancing everywhere. It was so loud Eli could barely hear himself. Then again, he wasn't fully aware of the situation. He was drunk to say at least. He drank 2 small bottles of wine and since this was his first time drinking, he couldn't control his alcohol level. Unaware of how much he already drank, Eli continued on getting a refill. He didn't even understand why he was here in this club. All he knew that he was tired of his boring life and wanted to try somthing new.

 People say that alcohol makes you forget your life. It's like taking a plane to heaven as long as you drank. For the first few sip it felt horrible. The wine tasted weird but after a few more sips, the taste got better and better until Eli couldn't stop. After emptying his pocket for the wine, Eli staggered outside, drunk. He didn't know where he was going. All he knew that he had to do something. Anything! While he stagger around he found a strange black thing wrapped in plastic on the floor. He picked it up and examined it. It was a gun but of course Eli didn't know. He simply thought it was a toy gun. He unwrapped the gun and turn it around. Playing with it.

 His hand still on the gun, he staggered off into a dark alley. 

 Hyun Su just finished work. It was terribly late and he decided to walk through the alley since it saves 10 minutes rather than using the main road. It was dangerous but Hyun Su didn't mind. He just wanted to get home fast and see Su Yung. Today was pay day and with the amount of money in his hands and bank account, he could finally buy the house both of them dreamed of. He was excited and happy. Quickly, he fasten his pace and walk through the alley.

 Halfway through the dark alley, he could see a figure staggering towards him. The stranger was most probably drunk. He had blonde hair. He wore a black winter coat and black pants, if Hyun Su wasn't that aware of him, he wouldn't have noticed him. Quickly he walked past him, while walking pass, Hyun Su noticed that he was young. Probably the same age as he was. Hyun Su thought of stopping him but then dispelled the idea. He was just about to reach the entrance of the alley when the stranger called him. His voice was rough. 

  "Hey!" The guy yelled. Hyun Su turned around and to his surprise, saw that the guy was holding a gun in his hand. Hyun Su panicked. He tried to run but before he could run, he heard the sound of a gun being released. Within seconds, he felt a horrible pain in his chest. Looking down, he saw blood running down his chest. The guy fired straight at his heart! Hyun Su fell to his knees, his bloody hand still tight around the envolope that contained the money for the house. Before he could speak, he saw darkness for the last time.

  Eli sat there looking at the body in front of him. He fell to his knees. Despite him being drunk, the situation was clear in his mind. And he knew, he could never get that horrible image out from his mind.

End of flashback


  Eli sat there, stunned. He couldn't move, he was afraid. Su Yung called him a couple of times and after the 3rd time, it snapped Eli backed to reality.

 "Are you alright?" Su Yung asked, concerned. 

 "Yes..." Eli lied. "I need to get going first Su Yung, i've got somewhere to go. Sorry." Eli said and quickly got to his feet. Within minutes, he was running from the cafe. He didn't know what to do. 

 Su Yung sat there puzzled as she saw Eli running. She didn't understand why he acted so nervously when she told him the story. Yet, as she sat there it started snowing heavily.


[A/N] Thanks for waiting ^^ I was a little busy these days so i could only update this chapter earlier. Sorry if it's too long. By the way, i forgot to tell you guys that this was just a short fan fiction. It would only be about 5 to 6 chapters since i have another on-going fan fiction that i need to manage~Sorry >.< I'll try to make a longer fan fiction next time~

 

Comments and feedbacks are much appreciated ^^

If you guys would, please subscribe and upvote my story =)

would really love that XD