Revealed

Insufferable Love

  Work for that day was far by over and the sky was getting darker by the minute. Su Yung packed up her bags and bid Seung-chul goodbye. Just as she was about to leave, she turn around to find Eli talking to Seung-chul. 

 "Are you coming, Eli?" Su Yung asked. Eli shook his head and told Su Yung to go ahead without him. Strange, this was the first time Eli hasn't walk her home. Eli walk her home almost every day and when Su Yung ask him why, he said that it was good manners to walk a girl to their doorstep. Su Yung just laugh and rolled her eyes like she couldn't believe. But Eli never failed to walk her home every single day except...today. He told her that he needed to discuss something with Seung-chul and said he really couldn't walk Su Yung home that day. 

 A little dissapointed, Su Yung left the shop and walk home herself.

 Eli sat down opposite Seung-chul. He needed to talk to Seung-chul about something important. Seung-chul put two mugs of steaming hot coffee in front of them and sat down. His face serious. 

 "What is it?" Seung-chul asked, his face buisness-like. Eli inhaled first and told Seng-chul.

 "Seung-chul...I think i know the reason why you didn't want me to tell Su Yung about who i really am. It's because something happened to one of her family member 4 years ago isn't it?" Eli started. 

 "How did you know...? You didn't tell Su Yung did you?" Seung-chul asked quickly. 

 "No,of course not. In fact, she told me everything about her past..." Eli explained.

 "Now you know why i want you to hide who you really are from Su Yung. She can't afford to know anything. She hates convicts more than anything. The fact that you already bonded with Su Yung as a friend isn't strong enough for her to forgive who you are. So you can't tell her anything at all, absolutely nothing!" Seung-chul warned. Eli sighed and casted his eyes downwards. 

 "That isn't all...I commited a murder 4 years ago and just out of sheer luck, manage to get out of jail without any charges. The problem is, the person i murdered is Su Yung's own brother...I didn't mean to...It was because i was drunk and I -" Eli didn't manage to finish his sentence, the guilt wash over him again. Seung-chul didn't know what to do, he was stunned. Seung-chul didn't speak for a really long time as he watch Eli grief. After some time, Seung-chul spoke.

  "What now? Do you want to tell her?" Seung-chul asked, his voice kind.

 "I can't hide it...but should i? Should i tell her everything? Tell her that i was the one who killed her brother?" Eli asked.

xxx

 Halfway down the alley, Su Yung remembered that she forgot her handphone. It was on the counter, she left it there while she was working. Mentally hitting herself in the head, Su Yung quickly ran back to the shop hoping that Seung-chul haven't close it yet. Thank godness the shop was open and the lights were still on, indicating that someone was inside the shop. Relieved, Su Yung slowed her pace and slowly make her way up to the shop. To her surprise, she saw Eli and Seung-chul seated facing each other with Eli's head casted down as if with shame.

 Planning to surprise both of them, Su Yung tip-toed behind them and accidently eavesdropped of them. What she heard shocked her in any ways possible. Eli was the one speaking.

 "I can't hide it...but should i? Should i tell her everything? Tell her that i was the one who killed her brother?" Eli said, his voice cracking. Su Yung couldn't breathe, the air felt like it suddenly dropped so low that there was no room for breathing at all. Su Yung's leg trembled and it felt weak, she couldn't move from the spot, as if she was frozen right there. Killed...what did Eli meant he said that he killed my brother...? The incident 4 years ago...Eli couldn't have been a part of it...could he? Su Yung remembered the description of the murderer the police officer gave her. All the features was coming back.

 Looking closely, Su Yung could make out the close resemblance between Eli and the description the officer gave her. She didn't want to believe it. The fact that she had actually fell in love with the person who killed her brother was horrible. Seung-chul seem to notice Su Yung for the first time and quickly stood up. His face stunned as he called her name. Slowly, Eli turned around to meet Su Yung. Su Yung find it hard to meet Eli's eyes, it was plainly written in guilt. Eli tried to call Su Yung's name but she didn't respond. Quickly, Eli stood up to meet Su Yung.

 "Su Yung...wait, let me explain-" Eli didn't finish his sentence. Su Yung had tears in her eyes as she shouted at him.

 "Explain what!? What could you possibly explain to me! You knew that you were the one who ruined my life but you kept it to yourself even when i told you my past! How could you lie to me!? I trusted you..." Su Yung trailed off as she broke down, her legs gave in and she fell onto the floor without any strength left to get back up. Eli quickly held onto her hand but Su Yung push him away. "D-Don't touch me...Get away from me..." Su Yung said as more tears rolled down her cheeks. Eli felt a painful stab in his heart as Su Yung pull away from him. He never felt more distant.

 Seung-chul crouched down beside Su Yung and supported her. He nodded to Eli and mouthed the words 'It's going to be okay' to Eli. At that point, Eli hoped a hundered times that Seung-chul was right. He bow slightly to Seung-chul and left the shop with his backpack slung behind his shoulders. Eli didn't know what to do now. Su Yung knew about everything now and no doubt Su Yung would never want to be in contact with him anymore. Eli walked and walked without any destination in mind. He just wanted to get away from the shop, from all the pain. 

 While he walked he could hear a familiar ring of words in his mind. Something that his father told him so long ago. Those words: Love is the most powerful thing in the world

 "It's a lie. Those words were nothing but lies. " Eli whispered to himself. At the moment all Eli found out one thing that is truly more powerful than love. It is when Love turn to Hate. And that is exactly what happened to him. Nothing could beat love except when love turns to hate. That was the one and only thing that could truly overpower love.


[A/N] Updated again ^^ Did you guys had fun reading?~ Thank you for supporting me =) It truly made me happy. I think there would be 2 more chapters before this story officially end T^T Sad... I'll try to write a longer fan fiction next time ^^ 

Comments and feedbacks are much appreciated ^^

If you guys would, please subscribe and upvote my story =)

would really love that XD