The Kwon

Dysfunctional Clan

Hello I would like to apologise in advance about accusing Kang Seung Yoon (WINNER) of being homophobic. I'm sure he is not though. Anyway this is just a story that not related to the actual life event.

Enjoy~~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You’re sure to go to school with your face like that?” I asked scrawny boy and I think I have been asking him the same question, like more than 10 times. His left cheek still had shown the mark of the bottom of the Ramyum bowl that my Jiyong had been the culprit. I stood near the sign post as I watched scrawny boy aka Taehyun, looking gloomy as tied up his shoelace. The gloomy boy just shrugged his shoulder. I guess him still feeling hurt or maybe embarrassed because his dad had hit him squarely right in the face, in front of strangers. Well, he deserved it but then again, my heart goes to him and understands his hurtful feeling.

 Kwon Jiyong has become something else when he gets angry. I admit he did look scary and yet he is such a big turn on. Wow, I really love and admire the fiery in him. Will he be the same fiery lover when I fill him up? I better remind Young Bae for his plan to help me getting inside my Jiyong pant. Well, frankly speaking I do not really need Young Bae help because I really know how to get my own lover, but then again, the Shorty had offered and who am I to refuse such “free service” offer?

“Anyway, behave yourself at school, alright? Don’t get into other sort of trouble just to spite your dad for what he did to you at the breakfast table.” I remind him. He turns to face me with a ‘you-got-to-be-kidding’ looks. “What? I can’t point that out to you, huh?”

He shakes his head. “You really crazy about getting inside my dad pant, huh?” I smirked. “Well, good luck. Holler for me if you want any help from the boy who is better known as the scrawny boy.” He then continues his trip to school. And I watched him until he turns to the main road to the same school where both of my girls also attended.

I return to the inn and make my way to the room where the Kwon had resides. I knocked once and I entered without waiting for any response from the occupant. I know that Jiyong is in his room because after the incident during breakfast and apologise again to Daesung, my Jiyong had runs straight to his room, and had stayed in the room for the last hours. He did not even bother to see his son off to school.

My Jiyong looks up at me from his hunch over the writing table. The first thing he did when he saw my presence in the room, is to quickly keeping all the writing papers and writing pad that he had seem been writing before I had entered the room. Is he too had a knack for fan fiction, just like me? To give him space and respect for his privacy, I averted my gaze away from him and pretend to inspect the interior condition of the room.

Well, before my Jiyong and his son had moved in to the room, I have always kept this room vacant for my weekend drunkard customers. I will provide this room for that purpose only and of course, I will charge the customer with extra charges. But normally, the room is always occupied with Young Bae too many ladies friends and if that really happen, well I charge the triple the cost of the rent.

“Ok, everything’s had been kept here.” I heard the chirpy voice of my Jiyong. I turn to face his bright smiling face and I could not help but return his smile. He is still wearing his Tigger pant. His hand clasp together in front of his chest as he looks up at me eagerly, I said, “You are something to hit your son that way. Usually, I wouldn’t dare do that to any of my girls, not because I don’t want to but more to the fact that I could do more than just hit them in their face.” My thought flies to the event earlier this morning – my disciplining that of a daughter of mine.

My Jiyong face had changed and he bowed, as his chin slump on his chest. “I’m sorry...”   

“Hey, for whatever that you need to be sorry for? I just shared my parenting tip with you. It sure will come in handy in future.” I explain to him gently, as I lifted his chin to face me, and counting my luck, I try to pulls his body to me as I wrapped my arms to his waist, gently. I expected a hard pushed from my Jiyong, but instead he just snuggled and laid his head on my chest.

I smile, triumphantly.

“Hmm...It feels so nice...” I heard he heaves a sigh and as I look down, his eyes had closed with a smile lingered on his pretty face. He is nice to look at, smell at his fresh scent and I guess he must be nice to have with. Patience, Seung Hyun, patience, your time will come.

As I watched his peaceful face while my hand rubbing gently his back, I realised there is something that bothered me, “Sugar, why did your family name different from Taehyun?”

My Jiyong takes a long breathe in, as he lazily open his closed eyes. He looks at me with his killer smiles. “I love that pet name that you called me. ‘Sugar’, hmmm...what should I call you then? Hmmm...How about if I call you ‘Love’?”

I swear I could him right here and right this instant, but no!! I want things to be a bit spicier. “I like that, sugar.” I hug him again and earn a sweet giggling from him. “Anyway, you still did not answer my question.”

My Jiyong gently pulling me away from my embrace and he drag me to sit down with him on the floor. He hesitates to hold my hands and I’m not making any move of, either pulling away my hands or grabbed his hand in mine. I just look at him blankly. In the end, he just let it go altogether. I hide my disappointment very well from him. There will be time for this little mistake.

“Well...Taehyun who also known as ‘Scrawny boy’ to you and the other 2 people, is not really my birth son. He is actually my nephew. His mother was my elder sister and she had died during childbirth.” I nodded and he continues to say, “Well, he knows that I’m not his father but he is already used to be calling me ‘Dad’.” He laughed dishearten.

I asked the most logical question that I could think of. “Where is his real father?”

My Jiyong just shrugged his shoulder as his face looking glum in an instant. Softly I heard his replies, “Probably his father ...”

I scowled. The first word that comes up in my mind is ‘’. Damn...the path that I will never venture. My Jiyong saw the confused looks in me, I guess. He quickly tries to elaborate more to what he had just blurted out. “No no no...I didn’t mean it to be that way. It is more like an impression, you know, your way to be inside your parent good book or something.”

I nodded knowingly. “Ok I believe you.” I pat his arm and purposely just leave my hand holding to his rather thin arm. “Well, go easy on him. I don’t deny he seems to be a pain in the kind of a guy, with his terrible taste in songs. Oh ing God, please let me be goes deaf while he listen to George Michael and what, Gloria Estefan. Yuck!!”

My Jiyong is laughing at my gag expressions. And after a full minute of laughing at me, he finally pulls himself together. “Well...there is something I have been meaning to ask you.”

“Let me guess. You want to know about my late wife and the life in Mejikong. Am I right?” He nodded and so I proceeded to tell the stories of Sul-ah and how Young Bae and I end up living in this wonderful place. The usual stuff that I had never feels tired of repeating the same old story again and again, even to my baby, as bedtime stories. Of course when she was younger because nowadays, she will be the one who will makes me fall asleep the instance she shared all her knowledge on KPOP latest gossip that mainly related to Bigbang, 2NE1, G-Dragon and lots more.  

“What about you?” He looks at me but not surprise with my question. “Well, there were 2 of us – Taehyun mother and me. Both my parent runs a sort of a hostel for backpacker. And yes, they don’t have any inkling idea of the existent of Taehyun. And no, I will not be telling them the truth because of the promise that I had made with Da Mi.”

“You must be very close with her and loved her.” He nodded and I could see his eyes are glistening in tear, as he continues with his voice cracking in sadness, “I was. Oh love, she taught everything that I love so much in fashion and she used to have her own boutique in Gangnam. But that bastard had taken everything from her and left her with nothing but his seed!!”

I pull my Jiyong again in my arm, rocking him gently as to comfort him. “Hey, I didn’t know you are a fashion designer.” I heard his chuckled despite the tears, “I’m not yet hyung. I’m far from becoming one.” We pull apart again. I watched him wiping his tears. “I have long way to go.”

“Well then, why not continue to become one, sugar.” I smiled. “I’m sure you will be a killer fashion designer.” My smile is sincere and the same goes for my pure good intention. Well, beside the point that I want to this gorgeous man that sitting sweetly in front of me, somehow I want him to fulfil his dream and be successful one at that.

“Just so you forgetting love. Ms Spikey father had made me poor and homeless.” He bowed.

I shake my head even though my Jiyong might not be able to see my action as he find interested of the hem of his short, than me. “Don’t worry about that. After all, you are working in my inn and obviously I will pay your salary. With that money, you should take up fashion courses that are available out there.”

“But I can’t just live here without paying any rent, love. That’s just plain unfair!!”

“As long that you promise me to create a fashion line under my name. I will be more grateful.” I smile encouragingly to him. He nodded although weakly. “Let me think first, alright?”

~~~

I had spent the whole morning overseeing the daily operation of the inn. The inn always opens, from Tuesday to Sunday, at 10 am but there are not many customers that come in at this hour. The crowd will start to pick up during lunch hour rush and up until 3 in the afternoon when the inn will be closed for us to make a quick preparation of the inn and the dishes, before re-opening it again on the dot at 6 in the evening. And the inn will continue to serve customers up to midnight before I will announce through my pink loudspeaker to remind my customers to pack-up and leave. Ha...I won’t do that to the people who determine the source of income for my colourful clan. I would always treat them with respect and gentleness that they deserve.

Well during the lunch rush hour, I expected my army of servers and kitchen comrades to give me 100% of their abilities to keep up with the flow of the crowds that comes bombarding Mejikong Inn. And also at this time of the day, that I much needed plenty of staff – whether they are good at their work or not, it does not really matter to me, as long they can just serve my customers their meals and ensure of smooth operation of the services.

I had informed my restaurant manager of my Jiyong who will be part of my army of server the next day. Well, for today, I wanted my Jiyong to just be an observer and for the next 3-days, he will be safely train by my restaurant manager, Kush. “It’s better that you train him rather than me. Because I need to see what can I do to help Daesung with his failing business, hyung?”

The tattooed man just nodded with my suggestion. Today well like every day, Kush smells of a mix of tobacco and fish. I don’t know and I don’t wish to know either of what he does during his spare time. All I know he had been my hidden gem that I found amongst the employment files that the employment services had provided to me when I had been looking for a bouncer, but I ends up hiring him as my right-hand man. He had been one of the best employees that I had recruited when I had taken over the ownership of the inn from my in-laws. The other best employee will be my dishwasher who called himself ‘Choice 37’. Don’t even ask me what is his real name?

“You show him all the ropes in serving those customers which I find it, there is nothing much to learn.” I said to my tattooed restaurant manager while keeping my eyes on the group of annoying children who seems interested in destroying the row of my Cactus pot plant.

“Well maybe I could dump him in helping C-37 with the washing.” Kush turns to look where my eyes had been observing. “Hey kids, leave those Cacti alone!! You broke one, there will be hell to pay, kiddo!!” 

I held Kush arm. “Be gentle with him, alright?”

“Who..? Those punk!?” He points to the children who seem to shiver after being scolded by Kush. “Of course not that kids. My Jiyong dimwit..!” I scowled at him and turns away to stand outside the main entrance of the inn, waiting for the to come home. As I glance at my wrist watch, she got 10 minutes to reach the house, if not, well, I guess Kush needs to finds another job task for both Choice 37 and my Jiyong for today, because the will be washing the entire utensils throughout the end of the day. And let’s hope she will be spare for the torturous punishment.

Well, not for long, I saw the running fast to me and as she gets nearer, I saw a flick of her attempt to smile at me but I don’t want anything of that from her. I still mad at her as it is and signal with my hand – pointing straight to the direction of the inn, for her to hurry up and start her lunch hour shift in the inn. Without muttering a single kind word of welcoming her home, I abruptly turn away, at the right moment when she had stop and wanting to bow as a greeting out of respect to me.

She deserves it for throwing such hurtful remarks to me. I couldn’t care less of her current well-being or whatsoever. And as we walking to the inside of the inn, I breezily reminds her that she will only be allow to have one meal per day and she will have it with the accompany of Billy and Polly the Mejikong Cows.

“Yes, papa.” And I refused to care how much it affects me when I heard her sad replies, even though my tears had threatened to flow down my cheek.

 And the rest of the day had weaving in like any other days. Well, the 2 differences are the presence of my Jiyong as part of the Mejikong working force – I just love seeing him gliding in and out of the kitchen, and doing his best at whatever he could do to help Kush, BOM and Choice 37 in handling the smooth operation of Mejikong Inn. And the other one who is missing is  the during dinner that has always been held in the main house and with the gathering of the usual occupant of the Mejikong Inn – myself, Mi Soo and Young Bae. Well, I guess from today onwards, Daesung, Taehyun and my Jiyong will becomes the common faces during breakfast and dinner.

I had taken a quick dinner break from my duty as the Boss in Mejikong Inn, while today and for the rest of the days in a month; Mi Soo will not be needed to help out in the inn because I have the to work overtime, every single day. And the salary will be given secretly to my Jiyong for badmouthing the latter man which he doesn’t deserve a bit.

“Where is Jin Joo?” asked my Jiyong as he help one of my servers to place all the dishes that BOM had specially cooked for me. Before Mi Soo could reply my Jiyong and I know she is always the overexcited girl in the clan, I stared down at her. She flinches and averted her gaze away from my Jiyong. She should know better than to go against her appa.

“She is still busy preparing the kitchen for dinner tonight,” Daesung points out. He had chosen to sit on my right side of the table, with my Jiyong on my other side of the table. Taehyun, I saw had timidly taken the seat beside his appa with Mi Soo sitting right in front of him. The other end of the long table, sat the majestic Young Bae aka Einstein who had started scooping the foods into his bowl and, as per normal, after saying our grace, he will be the first person to gulp down all his food. And when some of us had just finished taking their first intake of food; he will be starting his second round of the food. Young Bae is that bloody greedy.  

“Well, she had been working non-stop ever since she comes in during her afternoon shift, love.”

“Wah...love?” stammered Taehyun as he seems to choke with his drink. I watched my Jiyong glared at him and the scrawny scurried away, not wanting to push his luck further.

“She is serving her punishment.” Again, Daesung replied to my Jiyong. I scowled at him. “What’s the matter with you, Cactus?” He looks at me blankly but I know that he knows of the meaning of my undertone question, because by then he is smiling at me brightly while scooping a large portion of steam fish on my dish plate.

“Even if she is serving her punishment and I know that I needed to clearly stated your list of confiscate items Taehyun-nie,” he turns to face me again, “Do you not think you should be given her a break to join us for dinner?” As a response, I frowned at him. I heard someone gulping down his/her saliva and my best bet should go to my baby who hates any sort of confrontations.

My Jiyong saw my frowning and darken face, well the cheek of the man, he challenge me in a staring contest. Instead of getting angrier or strengthening my strong-hold of staring game, I found myself weaken by the mere beauty of my Jiyong fiery eyes. Oh boy...

I look away from him. “She will have her dinner much later. And that’s part of her punishment with no further negotiation from me. The end!!” I turn to the rest of my clan who are watching the exchange between me – Love and my Jiyong – Sugar. “Let’s begin with our dinner grace before we start to dig in, shall we?”

“Taehyun-nie, you will say the grace now,” commanded my Jiyong in his tight voice. His son nodded once and begins, “Bless this food to our use, and us to thy service. Fill our hearts with grateful praise. Amen.”

“Amen...amen...”

 Lazily I cut my meat into small pieces because, without even looking at his face, I could feel the fury of his anger bestowing at my direction. The rest of my clans are busily eating their dinner with occasionally chatter across the dining table.

“Hey SB, pass me those kimchi.”   

“SB…? Who me?” I watched the exchanged between Taehyun and Daesung. Mi Soo leaning in towards the latter man, and asked, “What SB stands for, uncle Daesung?”

“Scrawny boy, obviously,” he chuckled. I tried to smile at Daesung but I can’t seem to concentrate to the flow of conversation in the table with my Jiyong conferring his anger in my direction. I swear I could feel the hotness of his fury.

I turn to face him and I did not surprise to find that he is yet to touch his food, with the taut face he is showing at me. “Look sugar, she did the unthinkable of cursing in front of her appa, which happens to be me and as a result she was given her well-deserve prize.”

The air at the dining table is so intense that I realised the whole clan had stopped eating their meal and had chose to become the audience for my first showdown with my Jiyong. How great does it feel to have such argument in front of my baby?

“What did exactly she is facing, love?” It amaze me that he still called me by my pet name that he had chosen for me, although the way he had said the word could froze the whole of me, including my audience, to frostbite. I shrugged but taking my sweet time to reply him. “The usual stuff…no T.V, no Computer, no Allowance, be home on the dot and she is entitled to one meal a day.”

He looks at me heatedly.

“You forgot to add in about her to sleep with Billy and Polly the whole month.” I glared at the culprit – Dong Young Bae who still munching his food. He squirmed under my angry glared. “That’s just plain harsh, Seunghyun. I could not believe that you would resort to make your princess sleeping with those smelly cows!!” screeched my Jiyong which just plain exaggerating on his part, “And to think that you asking me to go easy with this bastard!!”

All eyes turn to Taehyun. “Appa…”

Again I shrugged which had been my favourite response these days to my Jiyong. “Well, she is my daughter for me to punish for all her wrong-doing and he is your son to do as you like it.”

“What is her sin that she have to face such harsh punishment?” I hate what I saw that coming down from his eyes. I prefer those eyes that expressed intense anger. If it is a big turn on for me to watch him angry, definitely this is a big turn off with all those unnecessary tears welling up his beautiful eyes. “Accusing me of only care for my gay guest and not her feeling,” I decided to let it out in the open. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw both Mi Soo and Taehyun flinch while Daesung seems to covering his face, not sure why he is doing that. Did he think I will be punch right on my handsome face by my Jiyong? I quickly turn to my Jiyong who did really look kind of scary.

I gulped.

Silence

Well the silence is killing me. I could not even hear Young Bae munching food. Everyone seems to hold on their breath. I know all eyes are on us and, a pair of angry eyes watching me intensely. I won’t even dare thinking anything desirable of those fiery eyes. Then I heard someone clearing their throat, thank God for the distraction. I averted my eyes to the sources.

It is the scrawny boy aka Taehyun.

 “Can I make a confession…?” he stammered. I raise my eyebrow. Great, here comes the confession session, I wonder what will comes next after this. “Well, let’s hear it then.”

“I know what Jin Joo might have to go through in school. And it is something hurtful which explains why she might be behaves as she is now.” Now, Taehyun had all the attention that he deserves. “Well, Mi Soo maybe attends the same school like both of us but she is not from the same level and she won’t know of all the taunting that Jin Joo had to face.”

“Taunting?”

Taehyun nodded. “Yes…Mi Soo is very popular in her own level but…” I interrupt him, “I know my baby is such a popular student amongst her peers. Come on, who can resist such sweet girl like her? But I want to know more of the taunting.” I know that this might happen to the girls in school because of my uality, but I had always expected them to tell me if they have to face this difficult situation. So far, only Mi Soo had been sharing with me of her bad experience and Jin Joo definitely had chose to keep me off the loop. I turn to Mi Soo who at the same moment had turn to my direction too. “Did she ever told you about this issue, baby?”

She shakes her head. “But I could guess as much of what she might be facing when she is in her bad mood mode.”

“Then why don’t you share this with your appa or me, baby?” asked Young Bae, base on his tone of voice, he is angry with the current situation. “She asked me not to. She doesn’t want to worry both you and papa.” I watched Mi Soo squirmed under the stares of Young Bae and me. “But it is ok for her to act up and…what?” Young Bae turn to me for clarification on what Jin Joo had said. “Accused you unnecessarily thoughts, am I right hyung?” I nodded.

“To make thing worse than it is, the guy who mastermind in taunting her, happens to be-“

“Your bloody goon?” Daesung growled. Taehyun nodded. “I am terribly sorry everyone but I tried to stop Seung Yoon. Well let just said he is bloody .”

“That homophobic name is Seung Yoon?” asked Young Bae menacingly. Again he nodded, and said, “Kang Seung Yoon.”  

I understand full well of the reason behind Jin Joo badass attitude these past few months. I should be more attentive to her feeling and what she might be facing in school and amongst her peers for my uality. She is the victim here as clear as a day and what did I do? I had grounded her with no mercy to her feeling and suffering. It seems I had failed to be her protector. After all, I am her father even when one day I had to give her away in the hand of marriage, she still my princess forever more.

I bowed my head in full shame. My appetite to eat had long gone. I pushed away my plates, weakly. The rest of them still in discussion of my princess situation and I had lost interest to know more details of Jin Joo hellish school. I think I need to transfer her to another school. My princess and baby will need to be transfer another school where they might not have to face such ordeal again. Well, I don’t guarantee that they will not have to face to the same situation but at least for now it allows them to finish their studies and move on to their next phase in to their adult life.

I felt someone holding my hand. I look up and my eyes had met with the eyes that belong to my Jiyong. He gave me a merest of smile. “It is not too late to uplift those punishment, love.”

I nodded. I stand up and was about to walk away from the dining table but Daesung had stopped me. “Hyung, let us finish our meal first, ok?” I frowned. He saw my confused face. “Well, obviously we need our strength to teach that bloody goon some lesson for messing with princess.”

I smiled. I know how much they love and care for my princess and baby. But I won’t resort to any violent if it is involve on the safety of my family. I told them that much. Both Young Bae and Daesung faces fell in disappointment, although they understand the peril of the situation because if I make wrong move and decision, not only me but the rest of my clan will be affected. Sad but true, the people out there had yet to accept the species like me and my Jiyong.

“I’ll be with Jin Joo at the cowshed.” I leave the dining table heading straight to my princess who happens to be having her dinner with the company of the cows. From behind me, I heard my Jiyong telling to scrawny. “You are still grounded for a week.”