Spank!!

Dysfunctional Clan

“Rise and shine my dearest Princess…who are apparently very bloody rude to my new tenant last night!!” I spanked my eldest daughter bottom. “Ouch!! Papa!! That’s hurt!!” Jin Joo scrambled out of her bed and without mercy I just pulled her out of the bed further and she landed flatly on the floor, bottom first.

She made to retaliate but I had enough of her behavior to last the week. Sometime you need to parent them with hand and fist just to get the message across to them – there are definitely limits to their nonsensical attitude. If Jin Joo has something to explain for her being rude, well too bad she got to wait for my erupting anger to simmer down. For now, she got me to face with.

I do not tolerate with rude people and if I found out that even my own children is very rude to others; well there are no such exceptions of how I will punish them. I really hate rude people. It is really a big pet peeve for me. Rude, vulgar, uncouth and boorish people, you name it.

For all my years, parenting my 2 daughters where I need to act as both their mother and father, never did I once ever teach my children to be rude, even the slightest. Who did Jin Joo follow with her ruddy behavior? Definitely it can’t come from either her late mama or even me. Well I can do wacky or psychotic bullish, but I never treat people who are nice to me with being rude. Of course if the person simply had a face like Mick Hucknall the lead singer from Simply Red, or George Michael, in my books of approval, you can be rude to them.

I don’t think neither my 2 close Dongsaeng had a bad influence on Jin Joo, even though I would never trusted Young Bae to babysit either of my 2 daughters, he is not a bad example. Let’s forget for a second that he is a well-known Mejikong Resident Playboy. No one can deny him being the only straight guy and having such a sweet kind hearted soul that does not really interest me in him even for tiny bits.

I did not really think such matter over the night like most parent might tend to do – losing their sleeping hour thinking of their almost corrupted teenagers. They are simply not worth it. My style of confrontation happens to be to let it sleep over the long hours of the night and comes morning, with bulls and its sharp horn, just charge to them with no warning at all. It is best to have them at their most vulnerable and let them hanging loose with your attacking strategy - kind of good for their surviving skill in later future whatever there might be.    

Seeing Jin Joo still marred by sleepiness, while my Mi Soo baby had already done with her bathing together with wearing her school uniforms, and now moving on to combing her long lovely hair, which I have in time to style her hair in a “Cinnamon Buns” just like Princess Leia hairstyle, the fictional character in the Star Wars. Mi Soo wills definitely looks so adorably cute - a sure head turner.        

“Hit the shower now!! We need a talk. Hurry up!!” I shouted to my still sleepy daughter as I kick her in the leg while making my ways to Mi Soo. “Hurry...!”

“Alright alright...!! Aishhh...there is no need for you to shout. I could hear you loud and clear!! Gosh!!” grumbled Jin Joo as she dashed to the bathroom. I was definitely burning into rage, but after taking a deep calm breathe and counting to 10 before turning my attention to Mi Soo.

When I turn to Mi Soo, somehow my anger had simmer down to notch. My baby gifted me with her sweetest smile. How could I stay angry that long with that bright and shiny smile of Mi Soo? I smile to her. “Let me do the “Cinnamon Buns” for you this morning. Today you have physical education lesson, am I right?”

Mi Soo nodded rather weakly. Did I do something wrong here? I try to ignore it but after I almost finish with my rendition of “Cinnamon Buns” hairstyles and Mi Soo now looks at the brink of tears, I stopped immediately. “I thought you love this hairstyle.”

Mi Soo looks kind of shocked and a mixes of confusion as she gave a quick shake in the head. “No Papa. I love it so much. But...” She cast her eyes to the floor dejectedly. I slowly turn her to me as I take a seat on Jin Joo messy bed. I pull Mi Soo to stand in front of me and lift up her chin to me. “Tell me sweetheart. You can tell me with anything.”

A glimmer of hope glint in her eyes, I know what’s coming up from her mind. “Can I dy-?”

“Definitely not on that, but maybe other little things I might consider...” I winked at her, even though her lips started to turn down, a sure sign of sadness. I heave out a sigh. “Baby, you are not allowed to dye your hair. It is stated in your school rules of etiquettes. So maybe you need to wait until you graduate Baby.”

“What!!! I need to wait for 4 more years!?” cried my baby. I nodded calmly. “Tell you what. I will give you 100% support to any choice of hair colour.”

“Can I dye my hair even in rainbow colour?” she asked excitedly. I nodded. “Now do you still want the “Cinnamons Buns” hairstyle or not?” I started to comb through her long hair. She nodded with her face shining bright. How easy it is for me to care for Mi Soo. Why can’t my Jay-jay be like her?

Oh dear God, please don’t change my baby and becoming something worse and worrisome like my Jay-jay.

From the corner of my eyes, as I putting the last pin to hold Mi Soo right bun in place, I watch Jin Joo coming out from the bathroom. She already wore her uniform of a simple long track pant and T-shirt. I guess today she too like Mi Soo will be having their physical education lessons at the same day. Without further instruction, Jin Joo started to make her bed - fluffing her many pillows and smoothing her crumpled bed sheet, along with her CNBLUE printed blanket.

Well, that’s had been the morning drill for both of my girls. Wake up, shower, prepare for school and make up their own bed. I had stopped doing all those stuff when they hit puberty, even ironing their school uniforms and wash their school shoes, will be part of their daily routines. I will only monitor their progress and if I find out they had slacking a bit, well there will be a special gifts waiting for them of course.

As I had finished up with Mi Soo ‘Cinnamons Buns’ hairstyles, I specifically instructed her to have a quick breakfast with the rest of our house guest. I know Jin Joo did not need me to do her hair and with my anger for her seems to shimmer up again I rather not help her with anything. I even had a mind to make her skip breakfast and just leave the house for school.

With voice so distant with anger, I lashed out. “Who do you think you are, Choi Jin Joo? Last night was pure rude!!” I swung her body to face me, a bit harsh than I have intended but who bloody care when you are in a foul mood. “Tell me who gave you the right to behave that way?!”

I refused to back down even if Jin Joo shed tears of blood. She hiccupped. “All you care of your stupid guest isn’t it? He’s gay just like you!! You don’t give a about my feeling aren’t you!?”

Spank!!

I watched Jin Joo fall to the floor, just like my heart had broken into millions of pieces. I felt all coldness left my bones immediately. My hand still shivering from my anger and I tried to control my further attempt to beat the hell out of her. Because all rational thoughts had left me when I heard those hurtful words she had thrown to me.

Where is my fault when I had only shower her with full of love and kindness all those years? Where had my firstborn gone?

“You are so grounded for a month for that.” I yanked her hair as she struggled to stand up. Tears flowing down her cheeks without her attempt to wipe it away. “Papa...Please...I-I I’m sorry...!”

I gritted my teeth and said tightly. “Listen really carefully. You are grounded for a month. No phone, no internet and no luxuries of all sorts. One meal a day – take your pick. No pocket money. Comes straight home on the dot, if not, additional chores will be thrown to you. And as a grand finale, the icing on my chocolate ice cream cake, you will be sleeping with the cows - Billy and Polly. Understand?” I stressed out a bit harder on the last word as I still grabbing hold Jin Joo hair.

Jin Joo eyes still fills with tears and her eyes looks really frighten. Well, who asked her to wake up the demon in me?

I let go my grip on her hair as I push her hard on the floor. “Did I make myself clear?!” She bowed her head and nodded solemnly. And not once I felt guilty for slapping her face. As I said, I discipline my children with hand and fist just to get the message straight, if need to.

“Now clean up and go straight to school. No breakfast for you!!” As I make my way out from her bedroom, I saw her purse lying down on her table side. I snatched both her purse and her piggy bank. I felt her eyes on me. Without turning to her, “You would not need this for the month that you will be grounded.”

“Papa...papa...I’m sorry...” cried Jin Joo. I just walked out from her bedroom without turning back to her. My eyes b with tears for the hurtful word that my eldest had unexpectedly thrown to me, I never expected such treatment from her of all people. Where lays my fault in disciplining my children? Am I too lenient? Or maybe I am just too harsh with my punishment. Either way, it is just too hard to be a parent as a mother and a father to 2 growing teenagers. I just wished there are manual anywhere hidden in the world to guide me to become at least a good father.

I just followed where my legs take me to and it did not surprise me to find that I end up at my favourite spot to sulk – Billy cowshed. I slumped down to my knees as I finally allow the sadness to overwhelm me. I cried even though I tried to suppress my sadness, I failed miserably.

“Hyung, what’s going on?” I heard a very familiar voice that had always accompanies me through my darkest hour and sadness - Young Bae. “Care to share your grief with me? I’m all ears.”

After spending almost half an hour or so, just talking to Young Bae about my fallout with Jin Joo, it somehow makes me feels a bit better.  He had been a good listener when I expressed my hurtful disappointment with Jin Joo. And I did not seem to be embarrass as I breakdown in tears  in front of him, describing how it hurt so much to hear all those hurtful words from my Jay-jay. He had squatted in front of me and he had joined with my 2 cows, as I continuously expressing my disappointment.

“Well, it is kind of true that you did have such intention for Jiyong, right?” Young Bae points out weakly. I glared at him. Billy moos at him as if to show his disagreement. “Well, even it is true that I want to make love to Jiyong senseless, it is still hurt to hear with the way she had blatantly pointed out to me.” I’m not trying to defense myself but well, it is hurt to have your own child said that in your face.

“I understand how hurt you are feeling now, but it is just not enough for you to just punish her. You need to talk to her too. You know, to get to the bottom of this problem. I’m sure there is more than what she is showing us with her rebellious attitude here, hyung.”  I nodded and I couldn’t agree more with Young Bae. But maybe later, because now, my pain is still raw and I don’t feel like talking to her yet.

 “But I’m not sorry for slapping her face. She bloody deserved it.” I watched Young Bae nodding to my confession and I stood up from my sitting position near where Billy had been eating his morning meal of a mixture grain consists of wheat and corn that I had filled it up early in the morning. At that time, Young Bae was busy snoring for Mejikong and I could not stop myself as I watched Billy squirming away from the loud noise of Young Bae snoring.

“Well you have the right to punish her for behaving that way. Come on, let’s head to the dining table and see what Bommie had cooked for our breakfast this morning.” He stood up from his squatting position and I followed him from behind.

As we reached the dining table, my eyes searched for Mi Soo if whether she is still around and had missed her school bus. Well I’m not in the mood to drive her to school, for all I care she could walk the long miles to school and if she receives detention for being late, well too bad, she will be receiving her punishment from me too.

And lucky for her, she had already left for school. I make the right choice to choose her as my favourite daughter. She will always listen to her appa, no matter what. I hope she will not be like my other daughter when she reached the same age like my other daughter, who name I shall not mention.

 “WHAT’S for breakfast!!” screamed Young Bae at the top of his lung. I slapped his head for trying to give me a heart-attack, even both Jiyong and scrawny boy seems to jump up from their seat. My eyes seek my Jiyong and as our eyes met, I could just feel myself falling into the depth of his serene eyes. With all the turbulence that I had to go through early this morning, such feelings are most welcome so that it could ease all the tension that I felt in my body and minds.

I watch him standing up from his seat, which is two seats away from me, in-between us so unfortunately happens to be his scrawny son. What a luck, damn! Comes back to my Jiyong, he gave a slight bow to me before wishing me a good morning. I could not help but smile widely. This is just sweet and it just makes up for my terribly morning.

“Oh come on, Yong. What with the bowing to hyung?” asked Young Bae and he turns to me, “Oh God, did he ask you to bow to him every single morning? Please don’t please. He sure will demand every one of us to do the same thing. Sit down Yong sit!!” I again slapped the back of Young Bae head. “Stop it, will you? He’s just being courteous.” I drag the chair out and sit down. “Well good morning to you too, my Jiyong.” Then I turn my attention to scrawny, he was busy sipping the soup that Daesung had place a bowl each in front of us. The soup looks kind of grimy. If Chef Bom had been the culprit to brew such disgusting grimy soup for my customer, I will fire her straightaway, with no mercy.

I turn to Young Bae who seems to slurping the soup hungrily while Jiyong just spooning the soup as if having the second thought whether to eat it or just playing with it. “What soup is this? And who brew it? Damn!! Bom...!”

“Yah... Bom!! Bring more of this delicious soup!!” I turn to look at Young Bae in disgust. He enjoys this disgusting thing that calls food? “You got to be kidding me right?!”

“Why are you shouting for her? Why must she take the credit for this lovely soup?” Daesung burst out suddenly. I widen my eyes. “Well, she is my bloody chef who is in-charge for cooking all the meals that comes out from my kitchen, Cactus!” I too raise my voice to match Daesung now hysterical voice.

“Well, I’m the one who cook this Cactus soup,” Daesung exclaim and in his sing-song voice, he continues to say, “So the credit should go to me. Not her!!”

I spoon the grimy liquid in my bowl. “Of course...the credit should go to you, Cactus. And what did you just said this soup is?”

“He said this is cactus soup...and you are right, Ahjussi. It tastes really bad.”

Daesung glared at scrawny. “Someone will not be having the second serving, then.”

I watched Jiyong slapped scrawny arm lightly. “Please stop being rude, Taehyun!!” The boy just brush off his father arms away. “Why are you still at home? No school?” I asked scrawny, not to save his skin from his father, but out of curiosity. “Oh God, don’t tell me you are high school drop-out? If you in need a job, you can join my Jiyong. ”

“He kind of looks like one,” chirped in Daesung sarcastically. “You know, school drop-out...the hopeless sort...”

“Of course not, my class start late today, so I got a few spare hours to kill. Besides, I am top student in my class, you know,” boasted scrawny boy. Young Bae and Daesung laugh out loud, finding scrawny self-confession hysterically funny. “Well, you don’t look like a very bright student.”

“Well I am!! I came first in my class for 3 years straight!!”

I just eat my breakfast while listening the bickering between the 3 of them. “And who is the er that listens to Gloria Estefan in the middle of the night? It gives me bloody nightmare, dude!” Young Bae turns to Jiyong, “I hope it is not you Jiyong.” My Jiyong just shake his head while pointing a finger to his son. Well, their rented room happens to be near the cowshed where Young Bae had to spend his night yesterday. It is part of his punishment for been drunk in front of my children.

“You got a problem with Ms Estefan, Mister Einstein?” rebuked scrawny.

“Well how does it feel for you hyung, that while you are in a dream land, having nice dream, well maybe with Jiyong,” I saw Jiyong blushing. I just nodded my head to Young Bae as to encourage him to continue with his explanation, “And you are so miserably awaken with the song ‘Don’t want to lose you now. We’ve gonna get through somehow. I don’t wanna lose you now....foreveeerr!!!” Young Bae sang the lyric to the song ‘Don’t wanna loose you now’ by Gloria Estefan in his beautiful falsetto voice of an angel.

“Tsk tsk tsk...what a bad taste in music you have there boy,” points out Daesung. Seriously, this comes from a man who sang to his heart content to the song of ‘Careless Whisper’? I smirked at Daesung. I place my hand on scrawny shoulder. He turns to me with eyes full of hurt.

“There are list of songs that you are not allow to play it here in Mejikong Inn. I don’t mind if you wanted to listen to the 80s songs. Hell, that’s like our era, right boys?” the 3 of them nodded their heads, agreeing to what I have said, “Artistes like the Queen, David Bowie, A-HA...” Daesung chimed in, “The artist better known as prince!!” I nodded at him as I continue to list out the artistes that are allowed for Taehyun to listen to, “Janet Jackson and Run DMC.” Looking at both Daesung and Young Bae, and finds them again agreeing with my choice of artistes, “Those are okay for you to sing to your heart content. But a big NO for George Michael, Elton John, as you mention earlier, Gloria Estefan, Cyndi Lauper or even Madonna, these are...I don’t know...Lame?”   

Silence

“And not forgetting Jon Secada...yuck!!” exclaimed Jiyong out of the blue.

I smiled. “Did you not listen to someone from your generation?” I asked as I bowed to Jiyong for him as he had passed me the butter for me to spread on my toasted bread. I point a finger to my Jiyong, “What song do you listen to, my Jiyong?”

“Well…I like to listen to the likes of 1TYM, Bigbang and 2NE1,” replies my Jiyong as he push away the bowl of cactus soup aside and slicing small bits of his bread, before swallowing it into his pouty lip. I watched his every move discreetly as I wipe my drool.

“Wow that’s a great choice of music there, Jiyong. I love Bigbang too. Especially Taeyang, hell he got STYLE, dude!!” I smiled at the excited Young Bae. I couldn’t agree more. Taeyang is one of my favourite singers in the group, beside TOP, and my favourite songs from the group should be Bad Boy and Fantastic Baby. Furthermore, that TOP looks so manly, just like me. Damn I’m hot!!

“Eh wait…” All eyes turn again to Young Bae. I wait in anticipation to hear what he has to say. “You kind of looks like G-Dragon, Yong.” Is he trying to hit on my Jiyong? His remark makes my Jiyong blush profusely and I hate that, because it is not me who cause him to blush and, how dare Young Bae to flirt with my Jiyong. I kicked Young Bae leg so hard under the table. “Ouch!!”

“Really? I don’t think so. He’s more fashionable than me. I look dull compare to him.” My Jiyong is so humble. The truth is that, Young Bae got it right. Jiyong really does looks identical to G-Dragon. “Well, hell my customers had mistaken me for TOP. What’s up with that?!”

Young Bae nodded his agreement while massaging his injured leg, frowning. “Yeah…You did looks like TOP and if you dye your hair in Green color, you look exactly the same.” He turns to my Jiyong and said the same thing too. “So does your hair, Yong. You already have the similar hairstyle, why not dye it…? What is his current hair color now?”

“Yellow” replies Jiyong who munching his pieces of bread delicately. His eyes keep straying back to mine. I know he could not keep his eyes away from me that long. “As I realized it, both of you too looks the same as Taeyang and Daesung from Bigbang. Hell Daesung!! You got the same name as Kang Daesung of Bigbang!!”

Daesung smile sheepishly. “I bet he didn’t have Ms Spikey for a pet.” And he giggled. Daesung giggled?

I frown at him, wondering out loud, “Who the hell is Spikey?” Now all eyes turns to Daesung, even scrawny too is watching him curiously.  He has been cast out of our conversation for now and he seems to be very attentive to the ongoing conversation at the table.

 Daesung look at us blankly, as he points out his finger to the table next to our dining table. It was the Cactus pot that he took from my collection of Cactus pots in front of my Koi pond last night. I didn’t realize the pot sitting on top of the other table. And I could see that Daesung had tied one of the Cactus bark with hot pink ribbon.

“Nice ribbon,” said scrawny sarcastically.

Young Bae hid a smile and I know, from the look on his face, he is trying hard to control his laughter from bursting out. I nudge him.  “But why Spikey?” I blurt out but once the words come out from my mouth, both of us burst out laughing.

 “How about Ms. Pinchy, Daesung? Or...or maybe Cornelius!!” Young Bae suggested in-between his laughter. I turns to both Jiyong and scrawny, they too were laughing, except for Daesung who looks like he is about to burst into tears. I feel guilty for poking fun to my youngest Dongsaeng. This is so unlike me.

“Stop it guys!! Stop laughing…!” I lean over and slapped the back of Young Bae head again. And Jiyong did the same with scrawny. By now, Daesung had bowed his head to his chest. I could not really see his hurtful eyes.

“We are sorry Daesung for making fun of Spikey.”

“Jiyong is right. We are such a bunch of s, especially Young Bae, the bastard,” the mentioned man glared at me. I winked. “But seriously, share with us. What’s with Spikey?” My Jiyong is such a sweet and charming man. I’m sure Daesung will forgive us, especially me. Hell I needed him for the monthly rent.

I expected Daesung to look like with tears flowing down his cheek, but no. He looks up so brightly that his shining white teeth hurt my eyes so badly that I needed to shut my eyes from the glimmer.

“Well, I love the name Spikey. If I have a daughter in future, she will be name Kang Spikey and…”

“And her favourite food happens to be Cactus soup or anything with Cactus. And I guess her future job will be the person who sells Cactus plant to weirdo like you,” splat scrawny followed by a herd of laughter, but none of us, except him, join in the fun of laughing at Daesung. I watched the changes in Daesung face again.

I turn to him and before I could share few of very colorful words that I had in mind with the scrawny, Jiyong beats me to it. My Jiyong stood up and, I saw he grabbing hold the metal bowl that still contain the Cactus soup, he swung the bottom of the metal bowl directly on scrawny left cheek.

Spank!!

Jiyong face is so enrage with anger but how weird am I that I find him bloody y. His face becoming redder by the minutes and with his flaming red hair, oh wow…what a bloody serpent!!

“YOU BETTER APOLOGISE TO SPIKEY DAD RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!” my Jiyong screamed at the top of his lung.

Both of me and Young Bae were stunned by the scene in front of us. I leaned further to Young Bae and I felt the man doing the same too. “He is definitely mine.”

In a stun voice, he offers, “Do you want me to help you getting inside his Tigger pant?”