Welcoming the Kwon to the humble inn of Mejikong.

Dysfunctional Clan

Please be warn that there are some cursing in this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why did Papa want us to wait for him at the inn?” asked Jin Joo as she follow her sister Mi Soo to the inn dining area, where they finds Young Bae who was apparently looking drunk as a . Mi Soo just shrugged her shoulder, totally immerse in her comic as they walk and take the seats in front of the drunken Young Bae. Jin Joo looks at him in disgust. Cringing her nose from the smell of alcohol from his breathe when he purposely burp right in their faces.

“Eeecuww…that’s disgusting, Young Bae!!” shrieked Jin Joo. She wards off the awful smell away from her nostril. Young Bae just look at her, with his drunken smile, chuckling to himself as he apologise and then slump back on the table. And a minute after that, both girls could hear him snoring.

“I don’t know what will Papa do with him when he gets home and finding him in this sorry state?” Jin Joo shakes her head in wonder. She tries to peer out the open main door of the inn to see any sign of her father however she knows she won’t be expecting him anytime soon, even if he is from uncle Daesung apartment. Her father might want to make pit-stop somewhere. She turns to Mi Soo who has been silent since they were seated at the empty dining area of the inn. Mi Soo is still engrossed reading the comic that she had bought earlier after school.

Mi Soo loves to read comic and she had a full shelf of all her favourite comics. She had a collection of One Piece comics that she had saved every single penny of her school allowance to just buy it. She even collects few of their collectibles items and she had adorned it in another smaller shelf for all her collectibles items too. Mi Soo is definitely an avid fan of comics and anime. From what Jin Joo heard recently, Mi Soo had begged their Papa to buy her stuff for her latest hobbies which is drawing anime pictures. Well, she has picked up with drawing now but more to anime stuff.

As usual, Papa will only tell her of his favourite advice, quote and un-quote that "Never stands begging for that which you have the power to earn."

“Well, I work at your inn every day after school?” points out Mi Soo as she followed Seunghyun, almost every where the man goes.

“Then work harder, baby. And stop following me. I’m going to fart and it definitely smell rotten because I’ve just eaten 3 hard-boil eggs for breakfast!!”

“Eeecuww…that’s gross, Papa!!” and she runs out of the kitchen, heading straight to her bedroom. Jin Joo had just smile at her sister for being such a naïve and foolish by their father empty threat. She heard their father laughter from the kitchen which followed by Young Bae who happens to be in the kitchen, maybe trying to flirt with Chef Bom.

“Where is Papa?” Mi Soo question brought Jin Joo back to the present time. She just shakes her head. “Didn’t he call you earlier?” Mi Soo asked again, not really satisfied with her sister non-verbal replies.

“He just instructs us to wait him here.” And she remembers another small thing that she overhead at the background where her father had made that call. “Since when did Papa listen to 80s songs?”

Mi Soo smirked. “Like who? Bananarama or worse Cyndi Lauper?” Mi Soo laughed out loud as she struggled placing her Monkey D. Luffy bookmark at the page that she had stop reading. She can’t imagine her father listening to those 80s artistes. For all she knows her father favourite artistes range from Bigbang, G-Dragon, SHINee and 2NE1, that’s for local artistes if it is international artistes, his favourite will be Method Man and Kanye West.

“No!!” Jin Joo too followed laughing together with Mi Soo, at the thoughts of their father grooving to the songs such as “Girls Just Want to have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper or “Love in the First Degree” by the London-based girl band, Bananarama. Even Young Bae would not caught dead listening to those 80s songs.

“Well!!” There are still hint of laughter in her voice.

“George Michael!!! Careless Whisper!!” Both of the girls scream out loud that wakes the drunken Young Bae who automatically sits upright, looking at them suspiciously. “And I think I heard uncle Daesung singing to the song too.”

Young Bae mumbled. “What song?” And Jin Joo repeats the same thing that she had been telling Mi Soo earlier to him. “Oh what a gay…” and he slumped back lying on the table.

Jin Joo face becomes taut, not a bit happy when someone tries to insult her father, even a tiny hint of it. “Well if you forgetting something, my Papa are indeed gay.”

“Well he won’t catch dead listening to those people. He rather slices his wrist than listening to them…” and once again, he continues his snoring.

Both girls share a look, then burst out laughing while continue to wait for their father. They did not need to wait for long because the next thing they heard was their father car, entering the garage. “Come let’s go meet them outside.” Jin Joo suggests but Mi Soo insists of just waiting at where they currently are, refused to leave the warm ambience of the inn than the bitter cold weather outside.

“You are such a princess...” Jin Joo just shakes her head at Mi Soo who just continue to sit but she did put away her One Piece comic.

~~~

~~Seunghyun POV~~

“Well, as I said earlier that scrawny and you will be sharing room together. Unless...” I deliberately stop my sentence as I try to telepathy my hidden feeling to Jiyong just by batting my eyelashes. I know there is something-something happen between us. Because, right from Daesung apartment, pouty-lover seems to act coy with me and there are certain ual vibes that I could feels between us. Even now, when I tried out one of my tricks just to re-confirm my basic instinct of the man’s attraction for me, well let just said pouty-lover is such an open-book kind of a person. I’m sure a blind man would be able to read him clearly.

God the man needs to learn of how to be discreet. Damn!! There is no challenge of getting inside of his tight leather pant that currently snug his ever so y , just in front of me for grabbing. Urhh...!! Maybe I could try one of those fun tricks that I’ve kept handy for this kind of situation.

Frankly speaking, I really, and I mean a big REALLY like this man Jiyong. He seems to be come in at the right package size, and I am not referring to that kind of package. I’m sure from the bulging size at the front of his leather pant, that I won’t be disappointed later. He is not taller than my 5 ft 11” height, and if I wrap him around, it will be just perfect for me to adventure more than just a mere hug. O.M.G.!!! I just love his Cupid’s bow lip. I could just imagine kissing a never-ending kisses on those lip of his, and let’s not forgetting his magnificent half-shaved hairstyle that he had currently dyed it in red. I just have a thing for a man with stylish hairstyles, even when it looks kind of weird to other people, but not to me.

“Unless what?!” demanded the avid fan of George Michael who rudely interrupting my endless admiration of my Jiyong. Scrawny boy, the current hurdles between me and my Jiyong. I glared at him, totally ignoring him as I just carried his ridiculous pink luggage for him as we entered the inn.

I ushered both of them to walk ahead of Daesung and me. “Hyung, are you flirting with my client?” asked my small eyes Dongsaeng. And my eyes travelled back to my Jiyong . “I am right, am I? You are flirting with Jiyong...hahaha!!” Daesung laugh out loud. I tried to silence him when my Jiyong turn back looking at us, with his sweet smile.

“Just walk straight ahead of you. You won’t miss my 2 beautiful girls and Einstein.” Jiyong nodded but looks sort of confuse with the last name I said out while scrawny boy just rolled his eyes. I give a quick jabbed at Daesung rib. Saying in-between my gritted teeth, “You are so keeping Billy’s bed warmth.”

I watched Daesung laughing eyes suddenly change to mortify. It totally dawn to him now to remember who is Billy that residing at the back shed of Mejikong Inn. “That’s right buddy. Billy is my laziest and heaviest cow and to make matter worse, he is also the smelliest cow ever! Hak...!”

“Hyung...”

I just walk quickly ahead to where my Jiyong and scrawny had left me behind. But before I could enter the last door to my inn dining area where my girls and Einstein were waiting, I heard sort of argument.

“What the hell are you doing here, fart face?!” That was my Jay-jay.

“Unnie...he’s a cutie...” Even though she said it in a low sweet voice, but nothing goes by me, and that was my baby Mi Soo. Cute? Who? Scrawny boy? I better make an appointment for Mi Soo to check her eyesight. Scrawny is nowhere near cute but I won’t say he’s ugly too, maybe an average which is better suit for his facial description.

“Hello. I’m Kwon Jiyong. You must be Seunghyun lovely girls.” The girls gave pretty cheerful replies to my Jiyong. “You are such a cutie, Mr Kwon!!” Again that’s my baby, and this time she got it right on the dot. Love you sweet baby!

“Would you marry my gay Papa?” And she has a way to ruin things for me. Sigh. I heard a slightest chuckled from behind me. When I turn to Daesung, he averted his eyes away while trying to control his laughter. “I will show you the way to the cowshed, right after this.”

“Wow, this inn belongs to your family. Err...what’s your name again?” But before Jin Joo could reply him, I enter the inn at the right time and my eyes landed, not on the tight faces of my Jay-jay and scrawny boy, but Einstein who was happily snoring on the table, and as my eyes travelled down the floor, I saw empty bottles of Soju. Well, someone will keep Daesung accompany tonight together with Billy at the cowshed. This is the best example of why I can’t trust Young Bae to babysit my girls for just few hours.

With full of anger, I slammed my hand on the table so hard that it awake the drunken from his snoring, and it does hurt my hand from the impact. “What the...” But once he saw the anger in my eyes, I’m sure he will get the message straight. He bowed his head. I know he was still under the influence of alcohol and he will fall asleep again. I asked Mi Soo to grab a bucket of cold water from the fridge.

Meanwhile, I turn to my other audiences, settling my so-called dark gaze on scrawny boy. “What is he doing here, Papa?” asked my angry Jay-jay. I wonder what with the anger? “Do you know my daughter?” I asked scrawny boy who seems oblivious to the situation in front of him. Is he stupid or something?

“I’m out of here.” I just let her walk away; the most is she will be heading straight to her bedroom at the main house. Mi Soo comes back with the bucket of cold water and as I take it from her, I immediately pour it down to the sleeping Young Bae.

“What the hell, Hyung...!” yelped Young Bae as he jumped up from the chair he was seated. I handed the empty bucket back to Mi Soo and she scampered behind Jiyong. She hates confrontation. Sorry baby...

“Sorry but I need to bathe you before your night spend together with Daesung and Billy.” I languidly take one of the other seats in the inn. “Who said I will be spending the night with that fat cow?” the drunkard demanded. I point my finger to my chest, without uttering a single word. “Well, whatever for? I paid my rent on time and I even paid more than I should to.”

“You make the mistake of getting drunk in front of my underage girls, !!” My voice remains low but there were still hint of anger. Without waiting to hear more of his stupid comeback, I waved to both father and son who were standing on my right side - Mi Soo still hiding behind Jiyong. Daesung was busy taking great interest on my cactus pots that I had displayed it near my mini Koi pond.

“Well, this is Jiyong and scrawny boy. Currently they are homeless thanks to Daesung for that. And they will reside in my extra room for the time being.” Young Bae nodded as he still rubbing the drunkenness from his eyes. “Scrawny boy has a name?”

“Well my nam-“

Before Taehyun was able to say out his name to Young Bae, the man interrupted him. “Woah...you are the er who listen to Careless Whisper?” snickered Young Bae. “Oh you don’t know how I tragically suffered while driving back to here.” I let out dramatic fainting sigh. Turning to Jiyong, I winked. “No offense.”

“None taken,” Jiyong turns to the hiding Mi Soo, smiling at her sweetly as he tucking Mi Soo stranded hair behind her ear. I watched them dreamily, imagine the time when I will be able to do exactly that to his long red hair. Patient, Seunghyun, your time will come soon.

“Papa can I dye my hair like Uncle Jiyong?” I might be in a dream state featuring Jiyong in my king size bed, but I’m not that easily sway by the merest distraction from anyone, especially from my girls’ stupid demands. “Over my dead body, baby,” I know how crestfallen Mi Soo face is and she might feel how unfair is my answer, well who said that life is fair?

“Seriously bunk face, what’s your name?” sniggered Young Bae who now are joined with Daesung sitting on his right side, holding one of my Cactus pots. I frowned at him as I jerk my chin to the cactus pot; he just gave me one of his weird smiles. Now who is bloody drunk – him or Young Bae?

“What with the cactus, Daesung?” I asked curiously. But the curly head just gave me sort of clownish smile.

“Nam Taehyun,” turning to me, he said, “Can you please show us where our room is?”

I nodded as I again ushered them to another door where previously Jin Joo had vanished into. “Go ahead to that door and wait there while enjoy the night for a bit. I need to settle with these 2 goons.” Turning to Mi Soo, “Keep them accompany for awhile baby.” She nodded as she lead my Jiyong and scrawny to the court outside the inn.

We watch them leaving the inn dining area which led by Mi Soo who did not stop admiring about Jiyong hairstyles. When they had finally vanished to the outside, I felt both Daesung and Young Bae turn to look at me as I take the seat in front of them. When I finally had settled at one of the seat, I acted surprised with the looks given by my 2 Dongsaeng. “What?”

Daesung chuckled gleefully as he averted his eyes to the cactus pot that he was holding. I grimaced, “What with you with that cactus?”

“Don’t change the topic. You want to Jiyong, did you or did you not?” I feel like hitting Einstein right in his ugly face. How dare him to ask such a direct question in front of me. Whatever it is, I am still the eldest among them. Should I add-in more punishment for them? When I think back, if both of them had to stay the night with Billy just for a night, it seems not enough for the latest crime that Einstein had done here.

“I didn’t know that we are discussing of that particular topic.” I lean forward and slapped Young Bae head also not forgetting Daesung head too. Both men rubbed their sore heads. “Now, let’s get this settled with the 2 of you, before of you will join Billy for the night out.”

“I didn’t pay extra rent to sleep with Billy!!”

Death glares war between me versus Young Bae. But after few seconds, he averted his eyes away. “Whatever...”

I take it that I had won our small battle. I cleared my throat. “Daesung will be sharing your room, Young Bae.” I turn to Daesung. “Instead of sharing the rent between the 2 of you, you will pay the same amount of rent that Young Bae is paying to me every month.”

Daesung look at me as if he has seen a ghost. “You do realise that I had been declared bankrupt by the bank, hyung?”

“Well, it is not my ing fault that happens to you. What I promise you that you will be sheltered by me with hearty food serve for you and such a lovely people for you to mingle with.” I smiled. Young Bae chirped in. “And you will be paying extra every now and then, for your bedding with Billy and Polly the cows.” We shared a laugh together, somehow it feels good to watch our youngest Dongsaeng squirming. “It should be fun, Cactus.”

Daesung just nodded his head dejectedly. “Well, can I skip tonight sleepover with the gang of cows?” Well, who said I am that mean person. I love all my Dongsaeng. I nodded but quickly to points out that this exception does not include Young Bae. He still needs to keep my Billy warmth tonight.

“Go now. Before Billy personally comes inviting you to his cowshed.” Both of us got up from our seat. Daesung had make ways to his luggage that he had left it in front of the pond. But before he carrying his stuff to Young Bae bedroom, he again walks toward to my row of Cactus pots. He chooses the different pot now. Satisfying with his choice of cactus pot, he turns and walks straight to the bedroom, smiling to himself and totally ignoring the stun Young Bae and me who froze at the spot of our previously vacant seat.

Young Bae did not turns to me, keeping his eyes on the walking Daesung. “Seriously what with him and the Cactus pot?”

“Beats me, but I will find it out. And if it will endanger my babies, I’ll kick him out before he could able to say Eureka.” Damn!! The people in my life are getting weirder. Or is it just me?