Lunch Time is Bonding Time

Divisi
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin tried his best to ignore his best friend’s whining as he texted on his phone and ate his sandwich.

 

“Why isn’t Bomi here?!"

 

“She could be helping me with homework!”

 

“I wanted to ask her about a new routine we could try out!”

 

"She never ditches us at lunch!” Jongin continued on his little tantrum.

 

Taemin let out a groan of his own. Jongin’s complaining was breaking his focus as he ended up writing the wrong words in his phone.

 

“She didn’t say anythi-” His words were cut off abruptly when Taemin suddenly shoved the rest of his sandwich in Jongin’s mouth to shut him up.

 

“For the last time, I told you she went to have lunch with this new friend she made. You’d have known if you just went to choir with us. He was there.” Taemin sighed at the newfound quiet peace, aside from the occasional chewing and munching noises. “You’ll still see her after school and for dance. Geez, you never react this strongly when I leave you guys for piano practice.”

 

“Mm, I did the first time.” Jongin nibbled at the bread. “But you go so often now so it doesn’t really matter.”

 

“Oh...sorry.”

 

Jongin shrugged. “Nah, it’s fine. Nothing you can do about it.” Deciding to change the subject, he gestured to Taemin’s phone. “So who have you been trying to text?”

 

Taemin brightened. “Naeun has a friend-” Taemin pointedly ignored Jongin’s sigh, “and I met her in choir. I’m trying to find out where she normally eats lunch.”

 

Once his best friend got to talking about the girl, it was nearly impossible to get him to stop. The two had only met once, but he doesn't think Taemin's ever liked someone of the other as much as he liked Naeun now. Jongin for the life of him couldn't understand the obsession. “You’re going to leave me, too?!”

 

“You can come with me you know.”

 

Jongin cringed. “No thanks. I’d rather not spend half an hour watching you try to flirt with Son Naeun.”

 

“Alright then. Enjoy lunch alone tomorrow.” Taemin turned back to his phone. Jongin kicked him, but was ignored again.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hong Yookyung had never felt so grateful to someone in her entire life.

 

“The Korean language is actually quite simple, as there are only 10 basic vowels and 14 basic consonants. The main difficulty is really in the pronunciation. I can help you to learn it if you want.”

 

And she could honestly attest that she had never loved anyone as much as she did Park Chorong, the sweet angel-faced senior. Yookyung had only known her for a day, yet she was so open and welcoming (“No member of my choir is going to feel left out!” was the girl’s bold declaration). And even though Junmyeon didn’t approach her as friendly as Chorong did, he certainly wasn’t alienating her and still gave off that warm, older brother vibe.

 

“Do you want to come with me to the arcade later this week after school? It’s just a couple of streets down from here so we can walk there.” Chorong caught Yookyung’s darting glance to Junmyeon and hurried to say, “Oh don’t worry, just us girls, I mean.” She winked charmingly.

 

Yookyung nodded shyly while Junmyeon asked, “Why? I like playing there, too!”, but Chorong swiftly pushed a plump grape into his mouth.

 

“Just eat the grape, oppa.” She said nonchalantly.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Maybe I did, and maybe I didn’t.”

 

Baekhyun snorted. “Ign

Please log in to read the full chapter