First Meeting

Divisi
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I won again!” Chorong cheered, pumping her arms up into the air. Sitting across from her, Junmyeon groaned.

 

"You already know you're stronger than me Chorong, we've been over your freakish strength. I've been on the suffering end because of it many times. Can't you just let me win once? This hurts my pride." Junmyeon meant to sound exasperated, but his plea ended up as more of a whine.

 

Chorong shrugged it off. "I like to win." She enunciated the word as if doing so would further prove her already blatant competitive drive. "If you really wanted to beat me at something you shouldn't have agreed to arm wrestle with me, so why did you?"

 

"To inflate your princess ego." Junmyeon quipped back grumpily. Junmyeon didn't find it necessary to respond seriously. It was meant to be a rhetorical question on Chorong's part because she already knew why and was waiting for him to say it. But maybe he still wasn't ready to admit out loud that he really just wanted to hold her hand.

 

Chorong would have returned with a cheeky response, but she spotted her brother walking into the choir room alongside some unfamiliar figures. "Gee, Chanyeol, three people? I know I told you to just grab random people, but I didn't expect you to really carry through with it."

 

“Don’t be ridiculous, noona. Only one of them is someone I met randomly.” He gestured to two boys who, needless to say, appeared quite small beside Chanyeol. “These guys are the ones I attended the music program with.”

 

Chorong’s face lights up in remembrance. “Ah right, the ones in the vocal department.”

 

“I’m Baekhyun, a junior!” A peppy voice chimed. Chorong began to greet him, but stopped when she saw his eyes.

 

“Is...is that eyeliner?” Chorong paused mid-handshake. I think he even uses the same brand as me…

 

“Well, um, uh...yeah.” Baekhyun spluttered, clearly caught off guard. “But I swear this is the only makeup I use!”

 

“...okay.” Chorong decided to not question it.

 

“He thinks that it makes his eyes look bigger. We used to make fun of him for it until we realized that it does, so...” The shortest boy shrugged. “I’m Kyungsoo, by the way. Sophomore.” His cool and nonchalant tone didn’t seem to match his small stature and baby face.

 

Chanyeol took that moment to nudge forward a girl. “This is Eunji, noona. She’s also a new student. We got to know each other during lunch the other day since we both kind of got lost.”

 

“Hello!” Eunji waved cheerfully at the others despite the unfamiliarity.

 

“Well I welcome you to the club! Why don’t you all have a seat while the other members arrive.” Chorong ushered them onto the risers.

 

Not long after, Namjoo walked in, chatting with Jongdae. “Guys, this is my newspaper club president, Kim Jongdae. He’s also a junior and quite old.” She snickered.

 

The said boy’s smile lines quickly disappeared as he yelled a “Hey!”, prompting her to burst into a set of giggles as she ignored her brother’s whiny protests of “What does that make me then?”

 

“Wait, so you only brought one new person?” Junmyeon shook his head. “And here Chanyeol is with three new members.” He as per usual.

 

Namjoo shoved him. “I’m still working on getting Naeun to join, okay?”

 

Junmyeon’s eyebrows raised at that. “Naeun said she was interested?”

 

“Well I’m trying to get her interested. I’ve been texting her every hour for the past couple of days. I think I almost got her.”

 

He sighed. “Alright, I’ll warn Mom and Dad about the phone bill ahead of time. Again.” The comment earned him another hard shove.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chorong allowed for another 5 minutes to pass by before she decided to officially begin the first club meeting. In that time window, a girl named Bomi and a boy named Taemin showed up, as well as two other boys (“You can just call us Luhan and Minseok!” “Yeah...um, he already said my name so...”)

Please log in to read the full chapter