After School Pt. II

Divisi
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bomi haphazardly tied her hair into a ponytail as she rushed out of the classroom. She didn’t think it would take her so long to look for her math notebook. God knows why she’s such a scatterbrain. Knowing that Jongin was probably waiting for her at the back of the school as usual, she decided to cut across the soccer field to save time.

 

Oddly enough, she didn’t expect to actually see people playing on it. Not really. And yet, there on the field she could spot two clear figures kicking around a soccer ball in a practice game.

 

Bomi slowed her pace as she neared them, her hand gripping the fence. She stood entranced as she watched the boys play. The corner of twitched into a smile. They were good. Really good. And she knew good soccer.

 

The taller boy swerved past the shorter one, dribbling the ball between his feet as he rapidly approached the unguarded goal. As soon as he reached a considerable distance, the shorter boy caught up and swung out his foot in an attempt to disturb the pathway of the ball. Caught off guard, the other boy rashly kicked the ball forward towards the goal. The shot missed the net by a mere inch, instead bouncing off the side of the goalpost and flying out of the field in Bomi’s direction.

 

It’s only at that moment that the two notice the girl’s presence and they called out to warn her.

 

But she anticipated the ball coming, and calmly took a few steps back, which actually pushed her further in line with the ball’s trajectory. Bomi hit the ball with her chest before juggling it with her knees and back down to the soft grass.

 

The boys run over to the fence.

 

“Hey, that was pretty impressive.” The boy responsible for the flying ball said. The other nodded in agreement. “You play?”

 

Bomi shook her head. “Nah, but my brother’s a huge soccer-fanatic and I picked up some stuff.”

 

“Well, we were just practicing for our upcoming game, which we actually still don’t know the date for...” His voice trailed at the second part, making Bomi laugh. “You wanna play a little 1 on 1 against me for a bit? I could use some extra practice and you seem decent enough.”

 

Bomi smiled, letting her backpack fall to the ground. She was now glad for the ponytail she had tied together earlier. All thoughts of her best friend waiting at the back of the school were shoved to the back her mind.

 

Bomi did well in the beginning, taking the boy by surprise when she managed to steal the ball from him within seconds. As she headed for the goal, she felt the ball disappear from in between her feet. She whipped her head left, where she found the boy speeding ahead, dribbling the ball that he had stolen back. She dashed forward and kicked at his feet. The ball continually moved back and forth between the two in what seemed to be an endless skirmish.

 

As his stamina began to run out, Luhan could see they were just

Please log in to read the full chapter