Lunch Time is Free Time

Divisi
Please log in to read the full chapter

The bell resounded throughout the school with a shrill shriek, signaling the beginning of lunch.

 

Somewhere just inside the school gates, a girl was wandering around the yard. She walked around the school grounds with a permanent smile etched onto her face, despite the fact that she was utterly lost. The guitar case was a comforting weight against the back of her new uniform, despite its largeness, as she looked for someone to ask directions from. She spotted a boy standing near the school building. He had a towering stature that made him appear almost as tall as the tree beside him, giving him an intimidating factor, but Jung Eunji was never one to be scared off by appearances so she made her way over.

 

Chanyeol was slightly startled when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to find a girl smiling brightly at him. He didn’t know who she was, but he smiled back nevertheless.

 

“Hi!” She waved enthusiastically at him. “I’m new here and I can’t really find the cafeteria.” She laughed, unembarrassed. “Do you think you could point out the right direction for me?” Her Busan accent was still very thick, but thankfully the boy understood.

 

Chanyeol laughed sheepishly in response. “Actually, I’m new here too, so I’m just as lost as you are. But we could try looking together.” He suggested.

 

Eunji was glad that he wasn’t as intimidating as his height suggested and accepted his offer. The two students strolled through the school looking in every hallway to find the cafeteria. After some time had passed they decided to try asking other students again, but everywhere they went was just empty space. They made small talk in the meantime to fill up the silence.

 

In the end, the two never found the cafeteria, but though they were starving, they had become quite close. After laughing at one of Chanyeol’s jokes, Eunji suddenly realized something. “Ah, I haven’t told you my name yet. It’s Jung Eunji, and I’ll be a junior here.”

 

“Junior? Hey, me too! Name’s Chanyeol.”

 

“Cool! So much in common, huh?” She joked.

 

It’s at that moment that Chanyeol caught sight of the guitar strapped around her shoulder and he nearly facepalms for not seeing it earlier. Yeah, lots in common. “You play guitar?”

 

She follows his gaze down to her guitar. “Oh, yeah! I love playing my baby all the time, so of course I had to bring it to my first day!”

 

Chanyeol, knowing what his sister would say in this situation, immediately broached the subject. “Do you...sing?”

 

If possible, the Busan girl brightened even more. “Mhm! All the time. If I had to choose between my voice and my guitar, I’d for sure go with my voice! Sorry baby.” She mockingly her guitar case.

 

He laughed. His sister would be overjoyed. “Well then, Miss First-day, I happen to know a club that you’d absolutely love…”

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Kim Jongdae plopped down in his comfy chair, sighing contently. On the days he needed some peace and quiet, the school’s computer lab was the best place to go. It was where they printed the school’s newspaper and guaranteed to be one of the quieter rooms in the school during lunch, with the only sound coming from the printer. Jongdae opened the lid to his lunch and was about to eat it when a stray piece of paper on the desk caught his eye.

 

“Hm?” He picked it up. It was clearly meant for him, as ‘Club Pres.’ was written at the top in bold lettering. “A choir club? Well, this is new.”

Please log in to read the full chapter