Monsters

Unseen Necessity

Hi there, if you've subscribed to this story or read it before this chapter has been updated (March 13, 2014), could you please re-read it again? I've revamped a small part of the story which is a huge deal in this whole plot. Thanks!

---------------------------------

The leaves roughly brush pass Chanyeol's face as he runs down the sidewalk. 

"All I saw was this gang beating the out of 'em," Tao spoke inside Chanyeol's head, the recent conversation running through his mind again. 

"Then why didn't you ing do anything!" Chanyeol yelled at Tao in his head and sealed his hands into tight fist, knees wobbling ready to make a run for it and find Baekhyun. "Where the hell is he?!"

"I didn't because they got away with him, but I think they went towards the alley near the school."

Alley. School. Chanyeol sprinted.

"," he whispered to himself as he kept running, speed increasing as he imagined what they could be doing to him right at this second. 

Finally Chanyeol reached the high school and looked for an alley. He ran everywhere looking for one but he had no hope until he heard a small scream coming from black van beginning to speed off. 

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol roared into the black diamond looming sky. Run is what he told himself. 

Long fast strides could be seen taken by him from afar. His fists tightened as he clenched them so hard his knuckles turned white as his nails duh deep into his flesh. Chanyeol has long legs, but he was never the runner during his grade school days. But now, that didn't matter. It was now or never. 

Foolish assumptions flooded his mind about what they could be doing to Baekhyun right at this moment and he can't help but blame himself for not staying by Baekhyun's side. Chanyeol's speed started to decrease as he kept going since he wasn't running in pace. 

The black vehicle before him seemed to be disappearing more and more into the gray sky along the road. 

"Don't you dare give up, Park Chanyeol," he told himself. He can't let those men torture Baekhyun. Baekhyun has never done anything wrong at all to deserve something so horrible as this. Why did it have to be him? Why couldn't it have happened to any other random citizen in this whole city. Baekhyun was a good guy. He's never hurt anyone, he's never taken anything for granted, he's never done anything to be treated this way. Why couldn't they let him go. Why did monsters like them have to exist in this world. 

And as if God heard him, the black van came to a stop next to a large old rusty green dumpster that was bigger than the van itself. Chanyeol felt like sobbing his insides out as he stopped in his tracks. He watched two masked man get out of the front seats and open the two large doors of the trunk. There sat a lifeless, pale, helpless body with its eyes wide open. Chanyeol wanted to kill them. He wanted them to feel the fire that burnt beneath his skin as he watched Baekhyun's body lie there. 

Right before one of them men could pull Baekhyun's body out of the van, a large crack was heard. Chanyeol had punched him so hard square in the jaw that it broke as he fell back.  The man began to scream in pain as the other watched Chanyeol with huge eyes before they became into slanted demonic eyes. Chanyeol turned to face Baekhyun who had his eyes closed. 

Bruises. Purple and black markings covered his whole body: arms, legs, face. Blood that dripped from the corner of his head. Chanyeol tasted the vomit that was about to exit his mouth from seeing this sight of Baekhyun. 

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol whispered as he reached out to touch his cheek, but Chanyeol was hit from the side. He fell onto the floor and landed on his hand. A great shock sprung throughout his whole body. His mouth gaped open, wanting to scream, but nothing came out. He watched the 2 men hover over his body watching him closely. 

Chanyeol stood up back on his feet as he held on tight to his sprained hand. The 50/50 chance of him breaking his dominant hand overruled him. He couldn't punch back as much as he wanted, but he tried with his other hand. One the masked men caught it and threw Chanyeol onto the floor again. 

But again, Chanyeol stood back up ready to fight. He used his right foot to kick the one who had caught his blow against the van. Chanyeol tried punching the other man but from behind he was held against the van. Chanyeol tried with all of his might to get loose from the grip, but it was no use. 

He saw the other man take a iron bar out of the trunk that was beside Baekhyun. But all Chanyeol could focus was on Baekhyun. If this was the end for Chanyeol, hopefully Baekhyun would remember him. Hopefully he would find his true love in Manhattan, the place where Baekhyun was marked. Maybe Baekhyun wasn't suppose to fall in love with Chanyeol. 

Because all memories of Park Chanyeol would make Baekhyun cry, and Chanyeol could never let Baekhyun cry. Especially if he was the reason. He watched Baekhyun take deep breathes, but everything became blurry once the tears filled up his eyes. Maybe they'll let Baekhyun go. Maybe these evil men will understand he died for Baekhyun's life. Maybe they'll understand. 

 


However we do not live in such a beautiful world where love opens the eyes for the monsters that roam the night and hide in the morning. 

But that couldn't stop Chanyeol from wishing. 

 


And then loud sirens could be heard from the distance coming as everything went black.