The Debt

Contract Marriage

I'm on my way home when I recieved a call from my Eomma.

 

 

Zen: ow it's Eomma...(I said and answer the phone), Yoboseyo Eomma? (I said and I heard my Eomma was crying on the other line.)

Eomma: huhuhuhu Zen are you on your way home? (say's by my sobbing mother)

Zen: Ne Eomma wae? is there any problem (I asked worriedly)

Eomma: Yup there is,it's about your Appa, go home ppali! (Eomma said with nervous and fear and i got nervous as well)

Zen: what about appa? is something wrong happened to him? (I asked while looking unto my watch with a worried expression and nervousness)

Eomma: Just go home ppali and I explain it to you later.

Zen: Ne eomma, Im on my way I would be there after 30 minutes okey? just calm down and look after appa.

(I said as I look unto my watch while waiting for my bus to arrive....when it arrive i got in quickly and keep on glancing on my watch.)

(After 30 minutes of Travel I arrived at the bus stop and run as fast as I could to reach our house.)

(As soon as I aarived in our house I saw my dad crying in the sofa with my mother as his side comforting him and a lot of papers are on the table imfront of them.)

Zen: Mom, Dad what happened (sorry I will use mom and dad from now on)

(I asked worriedly and went straight to them with a worried look as soon as my parents heard my voice they look at me.

Mom: Zen come here ppali!

(When I went at their side my dad hugs me instantly while crying and I saw also my mother crying hard)

Zen: dad is there any problem that I should know?

(I asked while comforting my dad,and he look back at my mom and my mom just nod and my dad holds my shoulder)

Dad: Zen I have somthing important to tell you, just promise me first that you wouldnt get mad at me.

(my dad said looking scared and I nod at him and he holds my hand and tears started to form agaun on his eyes)

Dad: zen you see those paper? 

(my dad said pointing to the papers on the table in our living area. I nod as a response but before he tells me something he look back again at my mother and my mother hold his shoulder and sat beside him)

Dad: I have a huge problem in my business and all those paper in the table are documents showing my problem.

(my dad said while crying,when I heard that I went near the table to grab the paper and look at it, When I look at it my eyes suddenly went wide and look at my parents)

Zen: When did this happened dad? I thought your business was doing fine? but why so suddenly you got a notice from the bank stating that you owe them $500,000? 

(I asked my dad with a shocked expression on my face while tears startting to form in my eyes and my dad stand up and my mothers hold his hand.)

Dad: My business was doing fine before but I have to pay for your tuition fee in college and when your mother got a hospitalized I needed some money and the income of the business was not that good at that time and I needed money so I borrowed money from the bank and took our businessas a collateral to the bank.

(my dad stated and cry and my mom cried also,hearing those from dad makes my heart sink and I cried and went near them and hugged them.)

Zen: dont worry dad i'll make a way to pay for it and you dont have to worry about it okey?

(I said as I hugged them and my parents hugged me back)

Dad: dont worry zen i'll make a way to pay for it,it's my fault after all.

(my dad said but i hold his hand and my mom as well)

Zen: Dad you dont have to worry about anything I will pay for it,I will make a way to pay for it,so dont bother making a way I dont want youand my mon to be stress or something bad might happened to the both of you so dont worry,just take control of the business and i will make a way to pay it.

(I said with a smile and assurance and my parents hugged)

Mom: are you sure about this? where would you get such a huge amount? We only got a month deadline to pay for it.

(my mom asked me with a worried look and holds my hand)

Zen: dont worry mom i will amke a way,even if i had to take a lot of jobs i will do it for you and dad.

( I said with a smile and my mom hugged me)

Mom: were so lucky to have you as a daughter.

(my mom said and after that we went straight to our rooms)