Chapter 2

Ssshhhhh...

 

"Ommaaaaaaaaaaaa..." 

Two small hands hug my feet before I even manage to close the front door of our apartment. The owner of said hands has his face positioned upwards looking at me, a grin escapes his lips which are smeared with brown substances. I look down at his round eyes and tap his nose.

"Annyeong Junsu... what happened with your face?"

"Chocolate. Appa." He turns his head and points his finger inside the apartment, where Seungho then shows his face which is also smeared by chocolate. 

"And you mister, what are you thinking giving him snacks just before lunch?" I put my hands on my waist.

"He found it on the table, and don't blame me, he's the one who started to dirty my handsome face with his sticky hands." He raises his hands, showing his innocence. I just laugh at him and take the young boy hand to walk inside with me, "So, how did the shooting go?" Seungho asks as he follows us inside.

"It went well, Shin Dongyup sunbae treated me nicely." I put my bag on the couch and go to the kitchen to start preparing lunch, "What do you want for lunch?"

"KIMCHI!!" Junsu shouts from somewhere. I look around and find him trying hard to open the fridge. Seungho laughs at the sight and helps him, "Spicy kimchi!" He shouts again and pulls the kimchi container from the from inside the fridge.

I can't believe it. He's just two but he really likes my mother's kimchi. I mean, my mother always makes it so spicy but Junsu enjoys it so much. I look at Seungho, asking about his thought to give our son the spicy kimchi.

"Just rinse it a bit with water, he really likes it." He says and adds, "And I really want to eat japchae."  

"Okay, kimchi chigae and japchae decided. Now, can you play with him for a while?" I grab the kimchi from Junsu and opened the fridge again to take some other ingredients. Seungho carries Junsu and leans forward to kiss my cheek.

"Sure, be quick okay, I'm starving." He grins.

"Omma, me too, kiss!" Junsu cups my cheek with his sticky palms and pulls my face closer to him to peck my lips.

Great, now we all three have chocolate-smeared face.

 

 

After cleaning my face with a napkin, I grab a medium-sized cooking pot from the cabinet and put it on the sink. I open the water tap to fill the pot with water and place the pot on the stove. While I'm waiting for the water to boil, I pull out a handful of kimchi and slightly rinse it with cold water. I chop the others ingredients and put them inside the pot, also not forgeting to add Junsu's favorite tofu.

Waiting for it to cook, I prepare Seungho's japchae. He doesn't like it to be spicy so I just use a moderate amount of pepper. After adding as many meats (for Seungho) and mushrooms (for me) as I can inside the pan, I stir fried it until the delicious smell fills the kitchen.

I glance across the kitchen counter and see Seungho and Junsu plays with his new toy car. I smile with affection at the sight of them. Four years ago, I wouldn't even imagine that I will be a mother at the age of 24. Heck, I didn't even imagine that I will be married this fast.

What's the story, you ask?

Well, it's all started because of my mother. My mother and him, to be specific.

Seungho and I was already dating since before his debut, we met as trainees at J.Tune. He succeeded at debuting as MBLAQ while I got cut off and forced to leave. It took me about three months until I managed to get into LOEN Ent. and continued pursuing my dream there. Well, as you can see, I also succeeded to debut, but it wasn't without any problem.

Apparently, after tasting the entertainment industry himself, Seungho got scared for me. He suddenly didn't like the idea that his girlfriend would also be a public figure. He felt that it wouldn't do any good to our relationship. He saw with his own eyes how relationships got ruined in the industry. People sleeping around, cheating at each other, etc. He got insecure. 

And so did my mother. She never liked the idea of me being a singer. She wanted me to have a normal life where I have a normal career, tie the knot, quit my job to be a stay-home mother/housewive, and live happily ever after. But my version of happily ever after is by pursuing my dream as a singer, and I finally got her to understand although she still argue with me from time to time.

I didn't know why, I didn't know how, but my mother and Seungho managed to work together and gave me an ultimatum.

Well, ultimatum is kind of harsh, maybe it's not the right word.. let's just say they gave me a choice: Either we get married, or my mother would pull me out from the company so that I couldn't debut.

Though I wasn't sure myself, but the thought of giving up my dream was scarier than getting married young to my own boyfriend. So, after almost a month of thinking, I agreed to their conditions. I could debut after I got married with Seungho, secretly. 

What about Seungho's parents?

Seungho was an adult, and a mature one at that, they considered him could make his own decision. And I already got close with them so they never thought twice of having me as their daughter-in-law. They gave him their consent and support when he stated his decision. The same goes with my father, but only because he would never go against my mother. And that way he wouldn't have to worry about his daughter anymore.

 

 

Seungho looks up and notices me staring blankly at him. He frowns and stands up to approach me in the kitchen, "What are you thinking?"

"Ah. Nothing.." I realize that I have been losing myself in the memory.

"Lie. You almost burn my japchae." He says matter-of-factly and pointed his chin at the pan.

Oh.

I turn the knob to turn off the stove and put the pan away. Seungho hands me a white plate and I place the japchae in it. 

"So, what were you thinking so seriously?" He asks again.

"I just remembering how we got married in the first place. That was such a sudden decision, haha." I laugh dryly. I check the kimchi chigae and put out the fire once I realize it's cooked already. I scoop a little bit amount of it with a spoon and bring it in front of Seungho for him to taste. He sips it and nods, telling me that the taste is to his liking.

"Why? Are you reconsidering our marriage?" He raises one of his eyebrows.

"Of course not." I pour the chigae into a big white bowl and turn around to face him, suddenly curious about something. "Tell me, do you ever regret it?"

"What? Married to you?" I nod and he laughs, "Of course not. I was the one asking you to marry me, wasn't I?"

"Yeah... but.. it's kind of hard to live secretly like this, you know. It's like walking on top of egg shells everyday." I sigh and bring the food to the table one by one while Seungho helps me.

"I know, but we have no other choice, someday we'll let people know. Hm?" He says softly, patting my head.

"Uhm." I nod, smiling at his gentleness. Oh how I love this guy..

"Don't ever think like that again, okay? I'll never regret my decision." He kisses my forehead and continues, "Besides, if we didn't get married, I'll never met that.... " He turned my body towards the living room, where Junsu curling himself inside his colorful blanket while laughing happily, "That chaos ball."

 

Oh right.

Actually, although we rushed in getting married, we never planned on having kids so soon. Maybe not until we come clean about our marriage first.

But oh well..

We were young. We were married. What do you expect?