Chapter 3

Ssshhhhh...

In the middle of our lunch, I hear the sound of someone punching in the password at the front door and a moment later comes the beeping sound telling me that the door is unlocked. 

They're coming.

I am about to stand up to greet them but Seungho put his hand on my knee to stop me, "They can help themselves." and he continues to dig in his food. He's right, because then someone skipped into the dining room with a silly grin on his face. He pulls the chair besides Junsu and sits there, already grabbing a plate and chopsticks on his way.

"Well hello, Mir. Hungry much?" I greet him with a chuckle, and turn my head towards the other three guys that come into the living room soon after.

"Joonie!!!" Junsu jumps out of his seat and runs to Joon who is having his arms open wide for a hug.

"My favorite boy!! How are you?" Joon pulls him up and the younger boy giggled happily, "And it's Joon appa, not Joonie. Remember that, okay?" He tells him off with a fake angry tone, in which Junsu nods in compliance.

"Since when he's your son?" G.O frowns and looks at Mir to start his nagging, "and didn't you eat already five minutes ago?"

"But I like Shinae noona's cooking." Mir retorts and shoves down a big portion of rice and japchae inside his mouth.

"Are you saying you don't like my cooking?" G.O raises his tone at the maknae.

"Stop it, you're such a mother. It's the truth that Shinae noona's food is much better than yours, hyung." Cheondung steps in and pats G.O's shoulder. He then walks into the living room and switchs the television on, as if it was his own home.

Well, maybe this is like his second home and it also applies to all of MBLAQ members.

Seungho, me and Junsu live in the same apartment building as MBLAQ. It was his idea, so that it will be easier for him to get back and forth between home and MBLAQ's dorm. We only live one floor upstairs from them, that's why they often come here to fetch him up or just to spend time here.

They all have our apartment password, and so does their manager. It isn't weird to find them in the house when I'm back from work, or in this case, to have them ambushing us in the middle of our lunch.

Well, so much for privacy..

I don't mind though, it's nice to have people around and MBLAQ members are hilarious companies. I've known them since we're trainees and it's safe to say that they are not only Seungho's friends but also mine.

 

 

 

 

"What time will you be back?" I ask Seungho as I lean on our closet door, where he is checking his appearance in the mirror. When he's satisfied at what he sees, he walks past me to grab his bag.

"I don't know, but I promise I will go straight back after I'm done." He smiles and walks outside to the living room with me following him. We are greeted by the sight of Mir and Junsu wrestling on the carpeted floor. Junsu is straddling him good and Mir let out a painful whine here and there. The others are just sitting there watching them in amusement, with Joon rooting for Junsu and Cheondung throwing witty remarks at Mir.

"Junsu, let him go." I say and when he doesn't listen, I pull him up from Mir's back. He protests and is about to do the same thing again to the poor maknae but stops when I hum in disagreement. Mir stands up and rubs his back.

"Are you sure he's two? Look, I'm going to have bruises all over now." He whines again and stomps his feet.

"You started it and he only does it because he likes your reaction. You should stop acting like a child." Seungho says with a laugh.

"Let's go, our manager is waiting downstairs." G.O stands up and motions for everyone to go. They are all walk out towards the front door. I hold Junsu's hand as we follow to bid them goodbye.

Mir turns around and scoffs at Junsu, "I'll win next time, kid. Just see."

"Mehrong~" Junsu lets out his tongue at Mir.

"Yah! Just see! I'm not going to lose again!" He challenges Junsu.

Really, who is the kid now?

"Mir, let's just go." G.O pulls him out of the doorway and he smiles at me, "See you later, Shinae. I'll take care of your husband, don't worry."

"Hahahaha yes please. Bye!" Junsu and I wave at them until everyone disappears inside the elevator. 

 

 

 

I walk back into the now quiet apartment and throw my body on the couch. A yawn escapes my lips and I put my head on the arm rest, Junsu is in front of me playing with his toy.

"Junsu-yaa... want to take an afternoon nap with omma?" I caress his head from behind.

"Shireo~" He says in a sing song way, teasing me. 

He is so like his father.

"Even when I will take you out after that?" I back. He stays silent for a while, probably thinking about it, but then he continue with his teasing.

"Shireo~"

"Okay then. I will take a nap alone and then go out alone, it seems like Junsu want to spend the day playing alone in the house." I kiss his head and walk to the master bedroom, paying attention to his reaction behind me. A moment later I hear tiny foot steps trailing from behind and I smile in victory.

I win.

I lay in my bed and pretend to be asleep when he snuggles close to my chest, "Did Junsu change his mind?" I ask him and he nods.

"Where are we going?" He looks up and I open my eyes, I can't help but smile at his cute expression.

"Omma's workplace." I answered.

Junsu widen his eyes in delight and pulls himself into sitting, "Really? I can go to omma's workplace?" he makes sure he didn't hear it wrong.

"Nae. So, let's sleep first and when you wake up I will take you to my workplace." I pulls him back into my embrace and caress his head to make him fall asleep. When I feel his breathing starts to go slower, a sign that he's sleeping, I can't help but feel nervousness start to build up within myself.

 

I hate my mother.

She is supposed to be here this late afternoon to babysit Junsu while I go to work, but she totally ditch me.

 

"I'm not going to babysit him forever, Shinae." She said earlier on the phone.

"But, I have work tonight.." I said helplessly.

"Then bring him! He's your son!"

"Omma..."

"Oh, I have to go, talk to you later Shinae, bye!" She hanged up before I could even say anything. What should I do? No one knew about my-little-secret-marriage-and-son besides MBLAQ and our family, and they were all busy. I tried to call my father but it seemed like my mother got to him first because he said that my mother didn't let him do anything for me. I called Seungho's mother but she was out of town, I even called Seungho's brother but he just laughed at me and flatly say no.

 

Gaaaaah.. I hate everyone.

 

 

 

 

Now, I don't have any choice except to bring him with me.

 

And I pray to God that nothing will go wrong..