Chapter 4

Ssshhhhh...

"Remember, if someone asked, you have to say that he is your nephew. Arasso, oppa?" I say to my manager for the fifth time that afternoon.

He laughs and nods, "Will you just relax, Aya? It's going to be fine.."

"Relax? How am I supposed to be freaking relaxed to have my son trailing me all night? He is supposed to be a secret." I whisper, hoping that Junsu doesn't hear me.

He is playing around with his toy car besides me. We are in the van heading to KBS building to attend Yu Huiyeol's Skecthbook recording. It's been twenty minutes since we took of from the apartment and I've been making up countless scenarios on how tonight could go wrong.

 

1. What if he cried in the middle of the recording and asked for his mother?

2. What if he played around and ruined the set?

3. What if my manager ditched him and left Junsu alone and then he's gone missing? I'm so going to kill him if he do that.

4. What if he clinged to me and didn't want to let me go? But no, Junsu is not a crybaby.

5. What if—oh please don't, what if someone noticed the resemblance between him and me, and realized that he's my son?

 

"I can't relax." I shake my head and scoot forward in my seat, "Turn around, I'll drop him at Seunghoon's place, whether he likes it or not."

"Yah! We don't have time to go back and forth, the recording is in an hour. You still need time for make up." My manager say in disagreement.

"Aaaargghhhhh!" I shout in frustration.

"Omma, what's wrong?" Junsu asked in tiny voice, climbing on to my lap.

"Nothing, Junsu. I'm just practicing my voice.." I answer weakly with a smile.

"Omma, you're going to sing later? I want to join you! I will sing with you on the stage!" He beams excitedly.

 

Scenario number 6 : Junsu runs off to the stage when I was performing.

 

"No, Junsu, no.. children can't go on the stage tonight, maybe later, hm?"

"Okayyy.." He pouts and plays with his toy again. Suddenly, I remember something important to tell him.

"Junsu, listen to what I'm going to tell you, okay?" I say seriously and he looks up in anticipation, "Listen closely, hm?"

He nods.

 

"Call me noona."

 

I can hear my manager bursts out laughing at the driver seat but I just ignore him. This is more important to let Junsu understand that he can't call me omma tonight. Not when we're in public.

"Noona?" He tilts his head.

"Nae. Noona. Call me Aya-noona. Try it.."

"But you're my omma." He says, "I don't want to call you noona.." his bottom lips stuck out, he is ready to cry any time soon.

 

Oh God, this is not going to any damage to him, right? I'm not disturbing his mental or emotional development or something like that, right?

 

"It's a game!" I say again, getting an idea to solve this little problem, "Let's play this game tonight : You said you're envious of your friends because they have noonas, right? I'm going to be your noona for tonight, and my name is Aya, so you have to call me Aya noona." I smile hopefully.

"What is noonas usually do?" He asks, getting interested.

"Hmm.. let's see. They buy their little brothers ice cream, candies, toys, and–"

"I want to play! I want to play! Noona buy me ice cream!" He jumps on my lap, smiling widely.

"I will, when we're done playing. So, what do you call me again?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"AYA NOONA!!!" He cups my cheek and grins, "OMMA IS AYA NOONA TONIGHT!"

"Good." I peck both of his cheeks and smile satisfiedly.

 

"This is ridiculous." My manager says, shaking his head in disbelief.

 

"Believe me, I know."

 

 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

 

 

The nervousness never leaves me even when I sit in front of the dressing room's mirror getting my make up done. Junsu is sitting on the couch calmly with my manager, I brought his favorite picture book to keep him company and it seems like it works just fine.

"Omo... he is so cute, what is his name again, oppa?" One of my stylist asks my manager.

"Junsu, he's two years old." My manager answered with a smile. He too, has been playing the role of Junsu's uncle well enough.

"Junsu, annyeong!" My new stylist, who I just met today, joined them. She gets down on her knees to be on the eye level with Junsu. Junsu looks up and smiles at her, "He is so handsome oppa, he looks like Seungho from MBLAQ!" she says excitedly.

 

I freeze.

 

My manager freeze.

 

"Appa!!" Junsu beams at the mention of his father's name. My manager looks at me as if to asked me to do something, I look back at him with panic clearly written on my face.

"I don't know!" I mouthed at him.

"Hahahaha he's so cute! Are you MBLAQ's fan? Even I call him Seungho-appa because of Hello Baby. He's such a great father there.." That new stylist says again with a girly voice.

"You're right! I watch it too! I want him to be my husband.." the other stylist joins her.

 

You what?

 

"Oh me too! He's such a hottie. I met him a couple of times during work and he has eyes to die for. When he met my eyes, I swear my knees just went weak." My make up artist chirped in. 

"Ehem." I coughed slightly to get her back to work.

"Something's wrong, Aya-ssi?" She asks innocently.

 

Excuse me, but it's my freaking husband you're spazzing about!

 

"Nothing. My throat just itch.." I smile weakly and reach for my water bottle. I gulp it down, feeling relieved that at least no one questions why Junsu calls Seungho 'appa'.

 

As time goes by, I decide that nothing will go wrong tonight. Junsu still playing that call-omma-noona-for-tonight game and he behaves himself really well. As long as we don't bump into Seungho during work tonight, everything will be just fine and I'm relieved when I remember that Seungho is working at another broadcast station.

 

 

Or so I thought.

 

 

 

 


AN:

So, if you haven't noticed, I use Aya as her name when she was working and Shinae in her private life.

I'm thinking of changing the son's name, because somehow I keep on picturing Appa Odiga's Junsu when writing and it's not supposed to happen, because the kid in here is much younger :(

Any advise on the name? or should I just keep it to Junsu?