My Past & New Wings

Our World

 

 
 
Hmmm..what is it today? Oh yeah. No school. It's Saturday. I need to take a shower. This pain in my back is really uncomfortable. Feels like growing pain on my shoulder blades. I closed my window, closed the curtains, locked my bedroom door. Ew, dirty clothes.
"I always knew you had a nice ."
"Huh? Ahhhh! Jimin. I'm !"
"Eh, I know." My window..I didn't lock it. Come'on! My towel..where's my towel! I have to get in bed. I got under the covers.
"Sorry, but it's time to get up." He tugged at the covers.
"I said. It's. time. To. Get. Up."
"No! Never!" I took my pillow and -
"Ah! What's with you and your man hands. A pillow shouldn't hurt that much!"
"Get out!"
"Alright. Alright." He laughed at me and climbed out. It's actually nice to see he's back to normal. Huh, I feel far from normal. I slipped in the shower and scrubbed til I could feel clean of everything that's happened. I slipped out trying not to fall. 
"What the hell?! What's on my back." I reached my hands back trying to touch the purple looking bruises. My towel dropped. Eh, it's just me in here. I felt a rush of cold air.
"Want me to check." 
"If you don't get out I. Will  Rip. Your. Head. Off."
"Um, lets see. You have two bruises both on your shoulder blades and it looks really bad. Okay. Bye now." Ugh, so stubborn. I'll just ignore it and hope it gets better. I met up with Jimin outside. 
"Alright, where you wanna go Jimin."
"Why so formal. Anyways." A grin formed on his face. 
"I want you to meet someone. I think you might like him." Huh? 
 
We walked all the way to a café. I ordered soft cinnamon raisin bread with jelly and tea. I don't like coffee. Jimin already ate. I saw a cute boy walk in with pinkish hair and big glasses. He looked my way and smiled this gorgeous smile. He's like an angel with wings. He walked towards me and sat down. I just stared at him.
"Uhh, hi? Helloo."
"Yeeaahh...hi."
"Um. I'm Luhan." Slouup!
"Ah! What the what Jimin! Why'd you my ear?"
"Because you were in La La Land on his face. Looked like you were ual harassing him with your eyes. Snap out of it. Sheesh" I could feel my cheeks turn red. I looked down. 
"Aw, but she's a cutie." My eyes widened. My whole face turned red and my hands were getting sweaty. 
"I think I dropped something on the floor." I went under the table. Wow, his hands look soft. Jimin kicked me. Bump! 
"Ahh. Fuuu-dge." I came back up and looked at Jimin. Right when I was about to step on his foot - "she even makes a cute mad face."
"Huh.. Teehee, thanks..Luhan." Wait. Now that I get a closer look. He looks like the guy from last night.
"Okay, so Kai explained everything, right."
"No, J-hope did."
"Haha, that sneaky Kai." Eh, wow. J-hope kinda said the same thing.
"When did you meet up with J-hope?"
"Oh, yesterday." I forgot he can read minds. I wish he would stop.
"I won't stop." Huh, get to the point. 
"Yeah, anyways. Lets get to the point." Really. like really. 
 
"You are Queen on our planet. You apparently lost your memory. Our home was destroyed from an invasion of our own people. It was chaos."
"Then, I wasn't a good queen. Huh."
"Stop pouting. It wasn't you. An enemy who was jealous destroyed our home and many others with it. A few of us escaped. But our home was destroyed a 100 years ago. We had to move on and find another home." I spoke up.
"And we came across earth." I started to remember..remember the war, the plague that was cast upon us. It was terrible.
"Yes, but when we came here we lost you. You were taken in by another family. So was I and the others. Since your the queen you had to absorb all the powers of our planet. There was a source in the center of the planet that helped balance the power in you. But since it was destroyed. Your powers disappeared."
"How come it doesn't apply to you guys?"
"We'll first off. None if us are chosen to be king or queen. Second we don't need balance since we have one power and our planet always had one ruler because the source, you could say, was the second half of your powers. Since it balanced it. But now you need to absorb all of our powers again."
"But why? where did my powers go?"
"Well, when the planet was destroyed. The source took all your powers with it. Since there isn't a source you have to chose a mate. Someone to help balance these powers. And if your mate dies. He dies with the powers he was given. That's the difference between "the source" and "a mate". There isn't many of us, but it's too much power for one person. So now. Each of us are battling to be your second half." He looked at me. I had nothing but a dull expression.
"Seriously. This sounds like a tv show."
"Anyways, you've heard Kai's, what humans call, a mating call. You obviously almost did the mating call with J-hope. But ran away."
"Why the "mating call?"' 
"Because you can see who's best to fit your second half. To be the balance with you of the powers. After you absorb a certain amount and don't have balance. You could die." 
"But we're on earth. There's no need to absorb and all this crazy stuff."
"It's how we were made."
"So even if I don't be with you I still get to keep your power."
"Yeah."
"Sounds unfair. Huuh, this will never end. New surprises every day. Ahh! Ah! Jimin! My back!"
"Luhan! Take her outside." 
 
They picked my up and Luhan put me his arms.
"Ah! What the hell! Ahhh!" Feels like my skin is ripping. I opened my eyes. 
"We're flying! You're flying!" I don't if to scream from flying or the pain. I know. Both! He took me to a field with no one around. He layed me on my stomach. 
"I'm sorry you have to go through this pain. Since your Queen. Your powers come faster than others. It doesn't take a long time."
"Ahh! Ah! Uh. The pain. It's gone." I sat up and looked at Luhan. Wow, his wings look amazing. And huge! I want to touch them. I reached my hand to touch. Slap! 
"Don't touch them."
"Why not. It looks so soft!" I ran towards him and fell on him and started to rub and caress his wings. I looked at his face. He's blushing! He looked away. 
"That's enough." He lifted them and opened them up.
"Play with your own."
"Huh?" I turned around and saw white feathers. I reached to touch my back..but..I found feathers!! I have wings!!
"Eh. Ehhhh. Come on."
"You look constipated."
"How come I can't fly."
"Because. You haven't gotten used to the muscles around your wings. Try harder. Once you can move them. Then start doing flapping movements a hundred times a day."
"What!? A hundred! Are you crazy!"
"Do you want to fly. Knowing your the queen. You should get it by the end of this week. If not. Next week."
"How long did it take you?"
"6 months." Wow, 6 months. Okay. Definitely a hundred a day. It seems like Luhan has two sides. A sweet and nice side. Then a kind of embarrassed mean side. 
"What are you looking at."
"Huh? Oh, nothing."
"I'll fly you home."
"No! Someone might see you. Lets walk and just say it's a costume."
He still flew me over the meadow and landed on a side walk. I looked around and saw a person with their mouth wide open. I smiled and waved. He just passed out. 
"Oh my gosh!"
"Their wings!"
"So real!"
"Miss. Can I touch your wings?"
"Huh? Sure." Pluck!
"Ouch! I mean. I need that. Don't pluck any more feathers."
"Okay." He walked over to Luhan.
"No! Don't touch his" - 
"Ahhhh!" Without noticing, Luhan flicked the kid in the face with his other wing.
"Look what you did. You made him cry."
"Get away from my baby. Young man, that was very mean of you. Kicking babies."
"I didn't kick him. I" -
"Yes he did." I looked at him with one big eye. People can't know about his wings.
"Oh. I mean. I'm very sorry Miss. Please forgive me. It was a reaction." I giggled. She looked at me. 
"Hahah-eh."
"Hmph. Whatever." She stormed away with her son and Luhan went back to mean boy again. One of his feathers turned black.
"Luhan..you have a black feather?"
"What? That's not good. Can I stay a night at your place?" 
"What?! We just met. And my mom doesn't even know you like that either."
"We've known each other for more than a 100 years."
"True. What about my mom...I'll sneak you in." 
 
I unlocked the front door. 
"Heeellloo. Ma. Are you here?"
"Okay Luhan. Come in." We walked to my bedroom.
"Minghyun."
"Oh hell no." I shoved Luhan in my room.
"Yes." She came upstairs. 
"I saw a line of feathers and I was wondering where- huh! Oh my gosh! Where did you get those wings!?"
"Um. I bought'em. Yep. Totally store bought. Okay, I'm sleepy. Talk to you in the morning." I slowly backed into my room and closed the door.
"Huuh. Eik! What in the world! What happened to my room." I saw a wing pop from under the bed. I pulled the wings and the package with it. Luhan.
"Ow, ow, ouucch!" 
"What the hell happened to my room!"
"My wings..my wings got in the way and destroyed everything. Sorry." Huh, he's in his soft boy mode now. He's helping me clean this up. Wait. Can't he contract his wings. I didn't see them at the café.
"Can you contract your wings or something."
"Yeah, but I've doing that all day and it's really, really uncomfortable. Kinda hurts. Not that you would know. Newbie." 
"Shut up. Oh! I got it!" His eyes widened in curiosity. 
"If you help me clean my room. I'll massage your wings and back for you."
"No." I grabbed him by the ear and pulled.
"Ow, ow , ow."
"You're suppose to help anyways so this is good deal."
"Ah, okay! Let go now."
"Good. Now come' on. Help me."
"Alright." I looked at him and he was blushing.
"You're touching my wings." 
"Huh oh, sorry." Are his wings that sensitive.
"Lets get started!"
"Yeah. Eh, lets sleep. Hmph. I mean get started." Haha, he's so cute either way. I giggled and he blushed again. Yep. I like him.