Kyungri vs Mr. Son / 3 [ The Flashback / 2 ]

Is This For Real?

One month had passed since the first day she arrived in Seoul and life was really getting harder.

She had a job as a waitress in certain small cafe in the downtown and the salary was pretty good since she just live by herself, but still, everything really different to compare with the time where she was in her own home.

 

The most important thing was Sungah feel lonely. She knew no one in her hometown and to make it worse, she's a very shy person.

 

Had no friend, worked all by herself, Sungah started thinking again about her decision when she was strolling along the street that evening, just came back from her work.

 

"No, Son Sungah.." she shook her head, "No turn back, you will not regretting your own decision. You are not going back to Fiji, not so soon.."

Then, she made a fist pump, "I'm just twenty two, i'm young and i will survive, yeah!"

 

As she was busy cheering herself, a group of women suddenly passing by her side.

 

"Moonie~ I want an ice creaaam~"

Sungah heard one girl from that group whined as she leaning on another woman, who just nodded. She stunned there, watching their back with evidently sad eyes.

"... We will not buying bread or potato anymore, for a week!"

"... Stop poking my cheek, Hyemi!"

"Moonie~ It's cooold~"

 

When the group finally faded away from her sight, Sungah pouted as her gaze slowly averted to the ground.

 

They looks so happy.. I want to have friends too..

 

Sighed heavily, the lonely Fiji girl turned her body, walking back to her apartment.

"... Maybe a bottle or two won't be hurt.."

 

That's it, she would go to the club tonight.

 

 

She didn't know that she had made a right decision, something which later drag her to meet the love of her life,

 

With not really romantic way.

 

-

 

That place was always feel same for her, tight smell of alcohol in the air, cigarettes smokes, and mixed of people emotions, stress and happiness. Sungah ignored the blasting sound of thumping beat from the dance floor as she seated herself in the bar and ordered a bottle of cold beer.

"Hhh.." she exhaled loudly after took a big gulp right from her bottle. She knew that she wasn't really lady like for drinking like that, but who care?

When she was about to take down another one, suddenly a young man sat next to her.

"Goodnight, beautiful.." he threw a flirty smile, "You seems lonely. I would love to be your accompany for this long night.."

Sungah scoffed, "I don't have any interest in boys.."

The boy chuckled, "So you want to tell me that a pretty girl like you is dyke? So funny!"

Before Sungah could answer it, a y drunk woman in red mini dress stumbled over their place with another girl in tow.

"Hoo mai gawd~" her slurry voice could be heard, "Look, Hyunjoo, someone is messing with this beautiful lady~"

The ert boy was taken aback, since somehow he could feel that those two women were dangerous.

"Mhmm.." the one who named Hyunjoo nodded absent-mindedly with eyelids half closed, "You're riiiight, Hyunaaa~"

"What he said earlier?" the drunk woman in red dress turned to Sungah, "It's fuuunny if a pretty girl is a gaaay? Huhh?"

Sungah wasn't sure how she should react with this sudden situation, "Err.. Yes?"

Still in their drunken state, the slightly shorter one grabbed the scared boy's collar harshly and hissed, "You boy~ Did you see me and her?"

"It's me."

"Yes, it's her~"

 

Sungah just cringed over that silly drunk conversation, said nothing.

 

"We're beautiful, right? Right? We're beautiful!!"

"Yesh! We are beautiful!!"

"AND WE ARE GAY!!"

"Yesh! We are!!"

 

Heard that, Sungah's heart felt like jumped off of it place. They are gay? For real?

 

"So quit talking and GET THE OUT FROM HERE!!"

The poor boy struggled to release himself from Hyuna's deadly grip then running off to safe his dear life from those women's wrath.

 

The Fiji girl stunned on her seat, stared at her saviors without blinking.

 

They're really beautiful..

 

"Umm.. Thanks.." she said shyly, "I was--"

"Moonie!!" from a far, a young lady shouted as she running to approach them, "Moonie! What are you doing here with Hyunjoo-unnie?!"

"Oh, my girl is heeeree~ She was.. Hik!" she hiccuped, "Was getting hit by a man and we.. Hik! Helping her.."

The girl looked at Sungah with questioning eyes, slightly doubting her drunk lover's statement. Sungah nodded as small smile formed on her lips.

"Yes, thank you very much.."

"Oh," she chuckled. "I thought my Moonie and Hyunjoo-unnie were causing some trouble for you.."

"No, they are very nice.. Thanks again.."

"Okay then, goodnight.."

With that, the girl dragged the two women to leave the bar, going back to their place in the other side of that club.

 

Sungah was left alone again.

 

I really want to have friends.. And a girlfriend..

 

Another heavy sigh escaped before she began drowning herself into her liquor again.

 

"Aish, i want to pee.."

 

Here, the story started.

 

 

The harried Sungah bursted into the restroom and found that two of three toilets there were broken. Right when she was about sneak into the empty toilet, the entrance door slammed open and revealed a figure of girl with unfriendly facial expression and light-brown colored long hair.

"Me first! You get out!" she pushed the shocked Sungah aside, "I want to pee!"

"But i'm here first! You must wait!" Sungah blocked the stranger's way to step into the toilet.

"I don't want to wait, you ! Get out from my way!"

Sungah gritted her teeth, almost forgetting about the 'nature desire' which brought her there, "You should learn some manner, Miss! I'm here first and i'll be the one who using it first, that's the rule!"

" the rule, i want to pee!" the girl barked and tried to push Sungah away, but had no impact.

"I want to pee too!!"

 

Then suddenly, the door once again slammed open, showed two figures of young women. Sungah noticed the tallest one as the woman earlier, her name's Hyunjoo if she could remember it right.

"Hyunjoo-unnie!! Sera-unnie!!" the brunette seemed surprised, "What are you doing here?!"

 

Huh? She knew these women?

 

The shortest named Sera barged in frantically, dragged Hyunjoo to the toilet, "Kyungri! She wanted to puke!"

"I want to puke!"

 

Ah, her name is Kyungri..

 

"No! I'll use this first!" Kyungri rushed to the small box, just to get pulled by furious Sungah.

"I'm first!!"

"NO, ME!!"

"But she wanted to puke!!" Sera screamed in panic, especially after saw that her friend's face was turning paler.

"I WANT TO PUKE YOU ES!!"

"WE WANT TO PEE!!"

"I’M FIRST!!"

"JUST GO PEE IN THE BUSHES! GET THE OUT!!"

 

As the four women were still fighting about whose the one will using it first, the entrance door opened and two familiar happy figures stepped inside.

"Look, Honey~ That one is empty, you can use it~" the one with red mini dress chirped happily.

"Okay~ Wait for a moment, Moonie~"

Thus, the young girl bounced off to the toilet and kicked the door close.

 

*BLAM*

 

The four women were frozen on their spot as they listening to the happy humming song from inside the ing box.

Before everyone could say something, Hyunjoo gave up from holding back and...

 

"HOEEEEEEK!!"

 

Sera sighed heavily when Kyungri, Hyuna, and Sungah jumped back in surprised.

"At least they have janitor here.." Sera rubbed her aching temple then looked at stunned Sungah, "Sorry for dragging you into this stupid chaos, Miss.."

"It's okay.." Sungah closed her eyes, "I don't have any appetite for pee anymore.."

Kyungri crossed her arms, "Me either."

 

After a few seconds, the toilet clicked open and Minha bouncing out from it.

"Kekeke, it feels nice~" she giggled, but her smile dropped when she saw the stained floor, "Wait, why Hyunjoo-unnie puking on the floor?!"

 

No one wanted to answer that question.

 

Raised her eyebrows, she looked over everyone's faces and noticed something,

"Ah, aren't you the one earlier in the bar?!" she squealed then shook Hyuna's arm, "You and Hyunjoo-unnie were helped her when she was getting hit by random boy, remember?"

Hyunjoo and Hyuna looked up, observing Sungah's face carefully.

"Ah! I remember! Beautiful girl!" Hyunjoo clapped her hands excitedly, happy that she could rememberit.

"Yes, nice to meet you again.." Hyuna smiled as she took Sungah's hand, "I'm Moon Hyuna anyway, what's your name?"

Sungah smiled shyly, "I'm Son Sungah.. Nice to meet you too.."

"This cutie is Park Minha, my girlfriend," she chuckled a little before continue to introducing her friends. "That red head is Ryu Sera, this one is Lee Hyunjoo, and the one who standing next to you with annoying face is Park Kyungri."

"Nice to meet you all.." Sungah grinned nervously.

Sera smiled gently, "Are you alone here?"

"Umm.. Yeah.."

"Then come on!" Hyunjoo squeaked, "Let's meet our other friends!!"

"No, no before you clean your face first, Hyunjoo.." Sera rolled her eyes, "It all over your chin, stupid."

"Oops," she smiled sheepishly. "I forgot.."

 

 

So, that was the real story about how Kyungri and Sungah first meet, and also how they become friends.

First meet, right? What did you expect? A romantic cliche story like Minha and Hyemi told in the 5th chapter? They aren't giving you that.

 

*

 

One week had passed since that night in the club and Sungah hadn't meet again with the girls yet, but she'd exchanged her phone number with Sera and Hyuna. Despite the fact they just a new friends, Sungah was missing them already. Those girls were really kind and very nice to her, well, except the one who named Kyungri.

 

She hated that girl.

She was rude, just said bad and sarcastic words to her, and easily got mad. What was wrong with her?

 

And that face, uh, Hyuna was right. Annoying face.

 

Sungah just simply couldn't forget the tragedy in the toilet week ago.

 

And that evening in her work place, when she was busy collecting the dishes from the table, the entrance door clicked open and revealed three familiar tall figures.

"Unnie!" one of them squealed when saw Sungah, "I didn't know that you're working here!"

The Fiji woman looked up just to found Hyemi, Minha, and... Kyungri.

"Oh, Hyemi!" she smiled and approched them, "Hello Minha!" then she glared at the last one who remained flat expression, "Hello for you too."

 

Kyungri just glared back at her.

 

"Unnie! Unnie!" Minha bounced up and down, "We want ice cream and-"

Kyungri cut Minha's word, "You should order in the cashier, stupid."

Sungah crossed her arms, her eyes glared daggers right into the younger's as she hissed fiercely, "Shut your mouth, Kyungri. Minha and Hyemi can do what they want."

"Tch," Kyungri rolled her eyes then walked toward an empty spot. "Whatever."

"So.. What do you guys want to order?" Sungah turned again to the duo maknaes, just to found a naughty grin on their faces. She wrinkled her forehead, obviously confused, "What?"

Hyemi and Minha just shook their head innocently, but Sungah knew that they were up to something.

 

 

And yeah, maknaes were really up for something. In the following night where Kyungri was busy with her work, they gathered in SeMi's place.

"Unniedeul," Minha started once the seven of them were sitting comfortably in the living room. "You guys know that Kyungri-unnie and Sungah-unnie are didn't get along well, right?"

Sera sighed softly, "Yeah, of course.. Sungah still couldn't forget that night in the toilet.." she glanced at Sam who cuddled with Erin, "... That was disgusting.."

"Yah!" the tallest woman pouted, "That was Kyungri's fault, okay? I didn't mean to pu-"

"Cut it out," Eunji wrinkled her nose. "I'm lucky that i wasn't there.."

"And also.." Hyemi giggled, then continued excitedly, "Kyungri-unnie is still single! What if we act as their cupid? They are really perfect together!"

Hyuna's eyes widened after heard what Hyemi just said, "That's good idea!!"

Erin raised her eyebrows, "Then what will we do?"

"Err.." Minha smiled sheepishly, "We haven't think about it yet.."

Suddenly, Sam flicked her fingers as a creepy smile slowly crept on her face. The girls shivered when they saw that, Sam must be have some on her head now.

"I got an idea!" she said, "Kekeke, it'll going to be fun!! So, my plan is...."

 

-the next day-

 

Kyungri was sitting on the bench as her eyes kept checking on her watch once in a while. Her friends were late for almost anhour and how it could be? Even Sam hadn't shown up yet, though she was the one who told her to meet in the park last night.

"Aish.." she growled, "Where the are they?!"

Just then, she saw a sight of familiar figure came closer from a far.

 

Sungah.

 

Kyungri immediately straightened her body and looked away, acted as if she didn't notice that the Fiji girl was coming.

"Oh, Kyungri?" the older's voice sounded unpleased, "What are you doing here?"

"What about you?" the brown haired girl asked back without look at Sungah.

Sungah took a glance at her watch, "Hyuna-unnie texted me to meet with the girls here."

"Same here."

 

Then, they fell into a very uncomfortable silence where Sungah stared blankly at the grass below her feet and Kyungri tapped the wooden bench impatiently.

 

Suddenly, Kyungri's phone vibrated. She quickly pulled out the little gadget from her pocket and unlocked the screen. Three new messages.

 

From : Hyunjooo

Ho mai gawd Kyungkyung!! My wife suddenly become so needy today and i can't leave bedroom for now! I'm really sowwy~

 

From : Eunjiii

Uhh, i got diarrhea. Enough said. Good day, Kyungri. Just remember that i luv yah.

 

From : (unknownnumber)

Where are you now?! I've been waiting for you for the past three hours! Are you getting tired of me, Jiyong-ah?! Are you just wanted to break up with me now?! Just kill meh!

 

Oh, the last one was wrong number.

After felt sorry for whoever the sender of the last message, Kyungri regained herself back.

"What the ?!" she roared, "How could they did this to me?! This is absolutely their plan!!"

Sungah gasped, "What happened?"

Instead of answer the question, Kyungri shoved her phone to Sungah.

"Oh my god, your name is Jiyong?!"

"Not that one, you stupid!!" Kyungri was getting more furious, "From Hyunjoo and Eunji!!"

Sungah quickly read the messages again.

"... Oh.." she blinked, "Then.. What should we do?"

 

Before Kyungri could answer, her phone vibrated again.

 

From : Hyunjooo

You could take Sungah to wherever you wants~ *wink*

 

"What?! No way!!"

Sungah cringed. She was wondering, why the hell this girl could shouting all the way like that.

 

"I will not--"

 

Before she could finish her sentences, her phone vibrated again. Frustrated, Kyungri read the message while gritting her teeth.

 

From : DumbCanadian

Go with her. MY command, Kyungri-ssi.

 

Sighed heavily, Kyungri turned off her phone and put it back into her pocket. Sera's demand was absolute for her, she would never disobey that woman.

 

And she didn't know why. Just something more like... An obedience towards your older sister.

 

Sungah noticed Kyungri's sudden changing expression and asked carefully, "What.. What happened now?"

"Nothing.." the desperate brunette shook her head, "Okay, where are you going now?"

"If the girls are not coming.. I can go home.." Sungah want to grab her bag, but Kyungri quickly held her hand.

"No, we must going out together today. That's final."

"Huh?"

"Because Sera told me to do that. Be quiet and decide now, where do you want to go?!"

Sungah bit her lower lip, thinking. That day was Sunday and she got a day off from work. Instead of going out with this short-tempered woman, she would happily choose to go back home and sleep. But.. Why didn't she try to get to know about this girl better? Maybe she still has good side, right?

"Umm.." Sungah glanced at her watch, "... What if we get some lunch?"

Kyungri nodded, "What do you want to eat?"

Heard the question, her cheeks immediately tinted with bright pink, "Ja-Japanese food? I.. I really want to try to eat.. Sushi.."

"You never eat that?" the younger's eyes widened in surprise, just earned a shy nod as her answer. She tried her best to press her laugh as she grab Sungah's hand and started walking down the street.

 

And she failed. She was laughing all the way to the restaurant with the pouting Sungah in tow.

 

-

 

"I couldn't believe that there's a Korean in your age whose never eat Japanese food before," Kyungri chuckled as she played with her chopsticks, waiting for their food to come.

Sungah lowered her gaze, staringat the tip of her shoes under the wooden table.

"... I just two months here, Kyungri.." she answered silently.

"Oh? Where are you come from?" the younger asked nonchalantly.

"... Fiji.. My parents live there, i'm alone here.."

Surprised, slowly Kyungri put her chopsticks down and give her full attention for the sad girl before her eyes, "Then.. What are you doing here?"

"I.. Had a fight with my father.."

Kyungri waited until Sungah continue her word, but the older girl remained silent. A soft sigh escaped before she spoke, "... Sera already like my older sister. Same with Hyunjoo and Hyuna, but Sera was the first person who care with me after my parents died in a car crash."

Sungah looked up after heard what Kyungri just said. Her eyes greeted with the brunette soft smile and she felt her heart skipped a beat.

"I've told you my story," she looked straight into Sungah dark orbs. "You can tell me about yours."

"I.. I.." Sungah stuttered, "... I don't like boys.. And my father wanted me to.. Marry with.. Uhh.. A guy.."

"Oh?" Kyungri blinked, "Then you left Fiji and decided to live here?"

The older woman just nodded lifelessly, said nothing.

"You must be feels lonely. After this i will take you to a candy shop, do you like sweets?"

"W-what?"

Sungah liked sweets, she just confused. What with Kyungri's sudden changing personality?

"You don't like candies?" the brown haired girl furrowed her eyebrows, "Then where should i take you.. Hmm.."

"No! I like sweets!" she waved her hands frantically, then beamed a shy smile. "It's just.. Thanks.."

Kyungri returned the smile, "It's nothing."

 

Again, Sungah's heart skipped a beat.

 

When she was about speak again, she caught a sight of Hyemi and Sera standing behind the restaurant's glass door. The shortest one threw an 'OK' sign with her thumbs before grab Hyemi's hand to leave that place. Almost in the same time, Sungah's phone vibrated.

 

From : Sera-unnie

Kyungri could be the last person you want to meet in this world. But she also could be sweeter than sweets.

 

That time Sungah understood, she would fall for that girl.

 

Kyungri really took her to the candy store, and Sungah stunned with how big that place was. Many kinds of sweets were scattered everywhere, from lollipops, chocolates, nougats, jellies, from the smallest until the biggest.

She walked toward a chocolate racks and admiring a big bar of cashew peanut chocolate. That was her favorite, but since she arrived in Korea, she was never eat that anymore because it price was equal with half of her salary.

"You want it?" Kyungri's husky voice echoed from her back.

"N-no.." she shook her head then walked toward nougats place, picked two packs with chocolate flavor and said, "I.. I don't like chocolate."

Kyungri looked at the nougats in Sungah's hand before let out a small smile.

"Okay. You don't like chocolate."

As the Fiji girl now busy in the jelly section, Kyungri went back to the chocolate which Sungah had admired earlier and paid for it. Once it done, she put that in her bag secretly and approached the girl again.

"Are you done?"

"Mm.." Sungah nodded, "Let me pay it for a moment.."

Kyungri pointed toward the cashier direction with her chin, "Go ahead."

When Sungah in the cashier counter, Kyungri chuckled silently.

"She is really dumb.. As dumb as Hyuna and Sera.." she chuckled even more, "... Cute.."

 

 

Their watches were showing 17.50 P.M when they stepped out from the store. Since it was Sunday, street already became more crowded, filled with couples who wanted to spending night with their beloved ones.

"Where do you want to go now?" Kyungri asked.

"It's up to you.." Sungah grinned happily, already enjoying Kyungri's companion a lots.

The brunette looked around and saw an arcade in the end of the street. She immediately grabbed Sungah's hand and brought the latter along with her, "Let me show you my special ability."

"What is that?"

"Flying catcher."

Sungah laughed, "Really?"

"You will see."

The two stopped by the arcade and Kyungri bought some coins. They went to the flying catcher machine, admiring various cute plushies inside the transparent box.

"Ah!" suddenly the older girl squealed as she pointed her finger toward an adorable little cow, "That's really cute!"

"Roger that, Miss~" smirked confidently, Kyungri insert one coin and pushed the start button. She grabbed the joystick, directed it perfectly toward the cow then hit the 'grab' button. It was done within a minute. Kyungri bent down to reach for the plushie and give it to Sungah.

"Here."

"Its for me?"

"Yeah," Kyungri shrugged casually.

She blushed a little when take it from Kyungri's hand, "T-thanks.."

"Your welcome."

Suddenly, they heard someone talking from behind them.

 

"... Look at that couple," a woman voice could be heard. “That brunette give the plushie for her lover.. How cute.."

 

It was Kyungri's time for blushed. She looked away, tried to act all cool and ignoring her burning cheeks.

"Are you blushing, Kyungri?" Sungah stared at the latter's face in awed.

"Shut up."

"You're really cute when blushing, Kyungri.." she giggled, admiring the younger's face even more.

Before Sungah could touch her cheek, Kyungri quickly dragged her to leave that place.

"Let's go," she sighed. "I'll send you home.."

 

 

After fifteen minutes of walking, the two had arrived in front of Sungah's apartment's door, standing in evidently awkwardness.

"Well.." Sungah started, "If you want to come inside and-"

"No, maybe someday.." Kyungri quickly cut the older's sentences, "You should get some rest."

"Okay."

 

But no one wanted to make a movement. They kept standing there, facing each other in silent.

 

"Thank you so much, Kyungri.." Sungah spoke up again, "You're really nice today.."

"I knew."

 

Then silence again.

 

"Well, i should get going.." Kyungri inhaled deeply, "See you later."

"See you later."

Right when she was about turn around, Sungah's shy voice called her softly.

"Kyungri?"

"Mm?"

"... Was that counted as a date?"

"If you thought that as a date, so it was," she grinned.

Sungah giggled, followed with a small nod, "It was then. Good night, Kyungri."

Before Sungah could step into her house, Kyungri held the door.

"Almost forgot.." she rummaged through her bag and pulled out the chocolate earlier, "It's for you." she winked, "I don't like chocolate."

"Kyu-Kyungri.. Tha-"

"Don't thanking me, just say.." she smiled nervously, "Would you going out with me again next Sunday?"

Sungah felt something funny with her spine as her heart began racing wildly, "S-sure.."

"Okay then, good night.. See you in our second date, Sungah."

 

When the younger's back was getting fade away from her sight, she realized. She had fallen for Kyungri.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

Well, I give you guys one boring chapter before a silly drama, Mr. Son haven’t make an appearance yet xD

And I’m sorry for not updating last week, my phone was broken T^T

Still give me comments and love guuuysss~ xD

 

p.s : I really loves Sungah. Is it just me or you guys also think that her voice is really good for ? /kicked/