C h a p t e r 4

My Dark Angel {In Process of Being Edited}

C h a p t e r 4

 

“Is the name Kim JaeJoong?”  MiYoung’s eyes widened.

 

“Oppa, how did you know?” she asked.

 

“He’s my hyung.  Not blood-related, but, you know…” ChangMin tried explaining.

 

“So you didn’t want me to know that he was your hyung?  That’s why you changed the subject all the time?” MiYoung asked.  ChangMin looked at her with guilt.  He nodded.  She pouted but hugged him.  “Aw. Don’t feel guilty.  I’m not mad, but I want to meet him again.”

 

“Sorry, MiYoung.  I can’t.  I never know where he is when I get back from school at times.”  She looked at him with a sad face, making ChangMin even more guilty than ever.  ‘CHANGMIN!  BE A MAN!’ he screamed in his mind.

 

“It’s okay.  Well, I better get ready for work.  Bye.”

 

“Bye.”  Once Miyoung left, ChangMin walked to the other side of th parking lot an sat in the passenger seat.  ChangMin looked at MiYoung with a big smile on his face.


“What the is up with that smile?” JaeJoong asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

“You never told me that the girl was MiYoung!”  ChangMin yelled excitedly.  “I swear, you can meet her right now if you want and you two can be friends or maybe a couple or…”

 

“I can’t do that.  I don’t want her involved in my life too much,” JaeJoong said as he drove.

 

“Why not?” ChangMin asked with a pout.

 

“Because I don’t want her in danger.”

 

“Oh come on!  You tell me that you want her in danger.”

 

“Not in the danger that will worry me too much.  She’ll get killed or used.”

 

“Is SiWon back?” ChangMin asked with a serious tone.

 

“No, but I just can’t have her involve.  Well, go ahead.  I’m going to get some food,” JaeJoong said.  ChangMin got out of the car and walked to his side of the car.

 

“Hyung, you love her.  You just don’t want her to be with you,” ChangMin said and walked back in the house. 

 

ChangMin’s words replayed in his mind.  ‘I don’t love her.  I barely know her,’ he thought to himself.  He got out of the his car and entered the café again.  He sat down at the same table he sat at before.  Patiently, he was waiting for his menu.  He saw MiYoung in front of him with her sweet smile.

 

“MiYoung, how are you?  Are you safe?” he asked.  MiYoung shyly smiled and blushed as she nodded.

 

“Yeah, thank you.  How are you?  What would you like to order?” iYoung asked.  JaeJoong gave out a small chuckle.

  

“I’ll need the menu first, please,” JaeJoong said.  She looked at him, feeling embarrassed.

 

 “Oh, I’m sorry.”  She then gave him the menu.  “I’ll leave you alone for a minute so that…”

 

“I’ll just have an Italian sub and a cup of coffee.”

 

“Oh, okay.  You’re quick.  Your order will come in shortly.”  JaeJoong nodded and watched her leave.  He looked out the window, having ChangMin’s words repeat in his mind again and again.  He smacked his head, hoping it will leave.  ‘I don’t love her, I’m just protecting her!’ JaeJoong yelled in his mind.

 

 “JaeJoong~shi, are you alright?”  JaeJoong stopped hitting his head and looked up to see MiYoung.  He looked down to see his order.

 

 “Oh, um, yeah.  Sorry, just thinking,” JaeJoong answered, feeling stupid around her.

 

 “Oh, okay.  Well, if you need anything else, please tell me.  Enjoy.”  JaeJoong nodded and ate his food.  MiYoung secretly watched him from behind the kitchen with a smile.

 

“You must like him, MiYoung~ah,” the chef said.  MiYoung looked at him with a shy smile

 

 “Yeah, kinda,” she answered.

 

“Kinda?  Girl, those eyes are saying love,” he said.  MiYoung turned to him and smiled.

 

“Maybe, I mean…I feel different when he’s near me,” MiYoung said.  She turned back around to see his table empty.  She went out of the kitchen and walked to his table to see money, tip, and a note again.

 

MiYoung~ah,

 

Thanks for the order.  I gave you an extra tip.  Stay safe because, you know that I can’t always be there.

 

Love your dark angel,

JaeJoong

 

MiYoung smiled and put the note in her pocket.  When her shift was over, she called ChangMin.

 

“Hello?” he answered.

 

 “Oppa can you pick me up?” MiYoung asked.

 

“Yeah sure.  Where are you?” he asked her.  MiYoung told him her work place and hung up as she waited for ten minutes outside for him to pick him up.  The wind blew hard, messing her hair up while waiting for him.  MiYoung looked at her phone for the time and sighed.  ‘He definitely stopped for food,’ she thought to herself.  “MiYoung!”  She looked up to see ChangMin’s car in front of her.  She entered inside and punched his arm.  “Ow!  What was that for?”

 

“You’re late!” she pouted.

 

“Sorry, I got hungry.”  MiYoung laughed at his response while he drove off.  He parked in front of her apartment building, but MiYoung just sat there.  ChangMin just looked at her with curiosity.

 

“Oppa, can you tell me more about JaeJoong?” MiYoung asked.  ChangMin sighed.

 

“Sorry MiYoung but I can’t.  It’s…a secret.  Now you should go because I need to finish my homework,” said ChangMin.  MiYoung sighed and before leaving the car, she faced ChangMin with a smile.

 

“Okay then.  Bye oppa!  Thank you!”

 

“No problem.”

 

Weeks passed and MiYoung has yet to see JaeJoong again.  MiYoung frowned whenever he doesn’t enter the café or doesn’t see him on the streets.  She sighed deeply as she sat on the curb outside, not wanting to go home yet after her shift.

 

“Hoping to see me, huh?” her head shot up with her heart beating fast to hear his voice after weeks.  She turned to see him again, but in the shadows.

 

“Maybe.  Why should you know?” she asked him defensively as she tried to see his face.

 

“We’re humans with a busy and personal life, MiYoung,” JaeJoong responded.  MiYoung frowned and nodded in defeat.

 

“You’re right.  I’m busy with my school and job and you’re busy with whatever it is you’re doing.”  MiYoung let out a stiff laugh as she turned away.  She slightly frowned when she noticed JaeJoong’s disappeared figure.  MiYoung stood up.  “I’m dreaming right?  He was there a minute ago.”  MiYoung looked back again to see no one around her.  Sadly sighing, she headed to a coffee shop.  She sat down and stared at the window after getting her coffee.

 

“I knew it.  You were hoping to see me.”  She looked up quickly and soon felt happy.

 

“Yeah.  I-I was,” MiYoung confessed.  JaeJoong sat down in front of her and took off his sunglasses.

 

“Happy?” he asked.  She observed his face carefully, afraid as if she’ll forget how he would like if she never saw him again.  Her heart pounded to see his deep, chocolate brown eyes, to his sharp nose, and perfect kissable lips.  She smiled with a blush as she nodded happily.  JaeJoong chuckled and took her coffee.  “May I?”

 

“Go ahead,” she answered.  JaeJoong took a sip of her coffee then handed it back to her.

 

“Thanks for the kiss,” he said with a wink.  MiYoung’s face was red in fluster.  JaeJoong chuckled and ruffled her hair.  “Don’t worry.  We both know you liked it.”

 

“What?  Me liking it?  I don’t think so.”

 

“Say whatever you want then.”  He took another sip of her coffee again and looked at her.  MiYoung just stared at the table with a blushing face.  He smiled and gave back her coffee.

 

“Keep it.  You drank most of it,” MiYoung said as she pushed the cup towards him.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Thanks.  I’ll repay you then.”  She looked at him.

 

“You don’t have to.

 

“I will.  Tomorrow, since it’s a weekend and you have no school, let’s hang out.  Where do you want to go?  My treat,” JaeJoong suggested.  She looked at him as she was shocked and happy at the time.  She smiled and nodded.

 

“Ummm…let’s watch a movie.”

 

“A movie?  Okay, then I get to choose tomorrow,” he replied with a smirk.


“O-Okay.”

 

“Cool.”  JaeJoong then stood up and faced her as he put his sunglasses back on.  “I’ll pick you up at your place tomorrow at noon.  Bye.”