C h a p t e r 3

My Dark Angel {In Process of Being Edited}

C h a p t e r 3

Since that day, MiYoung thought and thought each day about her savior.  All she wanted to do is to just see him again.  Just seeing him again will make the curiosity stop.  She needs to know that he is still there.

 

“…MiYoung?  MiYoung?” ChangMin kept calling.  MiYoung looked at him.


“Yeah?” she finally responded.

 

“Are you alright?  Ever since last week, you seem so spacey,” he asked worriedly.

 

“I’m sorry oppa.  I was just thinking about something, MiYoung replied.  ChangMin smiled in curiosity.

 

“Care to tell me?”  MiYoung smiled and looked up at the sky.  She sighed and then faced him.

 

“My savior.  My dark angel.”

 

“Dark angel?”

 

“Yeah, my dark angel.  I went to a club and I went out for fresh air.  I was being , but he saved me just in time.  His look was fierce and dark, but to me, that man is my angel.  My guardian.  My hero.”

 

“When did this happen?”

 

“Last week.”

 

“Did he mention his name?”  he asked.  MiYoung frowned and sadly sighed.

 

“He did, but I forgot.  I remembered that his name started with a J.  He did have the most beautiful brown eyes that I have ever saw.  I will never forget those eyes.”  ChangMin thought for a while and smiled.  ‘It was to be JaeJoong hyung.’  “Oppa, I need to go now.  I got hired yesterday in a café and I’m going to be late.”

 

“Oh, okay.  Good luck on your first day,” ChangMin said happily.  “Don’t trip or spill anything on people.”  MiYoung laughed.

 

“Thanks, oppa,” she said and ran to the bus stop.

 

 

“Ah, I’m so hungry,” JaeJoong pouted.

 

“Then go eat,” JunSu responded.  His eyes were glued to the television.

 

“What’s there to eat?” JaeJoong asked.

 

“Nothing.  ChangMin ate most of it this morning and then YunHo and YooChun decided to eat the rest of the food,” answered JunSu.

 

“Aren’t you hungry, too?” JaeJoong asked.


“Nope.  Got fast food before the game.”  JaeJoong sighed and grabbed his jacket off the chair.

 

“I’ll be going then.  See you later.”

 

“Bye.  Come on, come on, come on, and…..GOAL!” JunSu cheered and jumped off the couch once the soccer player made the final goal.  JaeJoong laughed.  ‘That soccer dork.’  He headed out and looked around for a good place to eat.  Then, he saw her.  He saw her trying to cross the busy street.  He walked a little closer to get a better view.  With no cars driving by, she crossed the street and hoped to get out safely.  Suddenly, a voice screamed to her to get of the road.  She looked up and her eyes widened.  Her feet felt as if they were super glued to the road.

 

            “Watch out!”  JaeJoong yelled and pushed her out of the way.  His arms were around her waist and head when pushing her out.  JaeJoong turned so that his body can break the fall.  Everyone crowded around them.  “Are you alright?” Her grip on his jacket was tight.  She was afraid to even look up.  “Hey, it’s alright.  You’re safe.”  She slowly opened her eyes and looked up.  Her eyes widened in shock but smiled.

 

“It’s you.  My dark angel,” MiYoung said.  Thank you.”  She hugged him tightly, afraid of letting him go.  JaeJoong hugged her back while the crowd dispersed as they were going back to their own business.

 

“It’s no problem.”  MiYoung got up and helped JaeJoong up on his feet.  “Like I promised, no one and nothing else will hurt you ever again.  Now turn around.”  Hesitantly, she did.  JaeJoong slowly backed away.  “Goodbye.”  Immediately, he ran into the crowd.  MiYoung gasped an turned around to see JaeJoong nowhere around.

 

“You always disappear.  Why is that?” she asked herself and walked to work.  MiYoung put on her work clothes and took a notepad and pen.  She walked from table to table, greeting them happily and taking their orders.  “And what would you like to order, sir?”

 

“Um, a sub and a cup of coffee,” he answered.  She stopped writing and looked at him.  MiYoung suddenly smiled.

 

“H-Hi,” she shyly greeted.  He looked up at her and smiled.

 

“My damsel in distress,” he said.  “Looks like I can’t walk away now, huh?”  MiYoung nodded in a cute way that made JaeJoong felt oddly weak.  “I’m Kim JaeJoong.”

 

“I’m Kim MiYoung.  I-I’ll get your order soon.”  JaeJoong nodded with a smile and watched her walk away.  MiYoung took deep breaths before giving JaeJoong his order.  Her heart pounded, feeling as if it was going to pop out of her chest.  With shaky hands, she put down his order on the table.  She bowed.  “Enjoy your meal.”  JaeJoong chuckled at her cute nervous self.  Within ten minutes, MiYoung came back to JaeJoong’s table to find him gone.  She frowned and cleaned up.  She took the money and tip that was given but stopped cleaning once she found a note.

 

MiYoung~ah,

 

It was nice meeting you properly in person.  Be safe, okay.  I’ll keep my promise to make sure that nothing is going to hurt you.  Please don’t do anything stupid to put yourself in danger.  Who knows what can happen?  Just be safe.’

 

Love your dark angel,


JaeJoong

 

MiYoung smiled and neatly folded the note and put it in her pocket.  She continued cleaning.  JaeJoong smiled as he watched her through the window.  ‘I will protect you,’ he thought.  ‘I will.’  Work was over and MiYoung headed out in the dark night.  It was really quiet with very few people walking around and less cars on the road.  She looked to her left and her right.  Seeing that the coast is clear, she walked home.  After passing by a dark alley, someone grabbed her wrist and pulled her in.

 

“And why might a pretty lady like you be in the dark streets alone?” he asked.  MiYoung was speechless, scared on what he would do.  The man smirked nd pushed her up against the wall and her neck.

 

“No!  Please stop!” she yelled.  “HELP!”

 

“SHUT UP!” the man yelled while his lips traveled to her chest.  He quickly ed her shirt, revealing her bra.  He pushed them up and on her right .  MiYoung cried, wishing for help.  With no warning, she fell to the ground and heard the man crying in pain.

 

“Leave.Her.Alone.”  MiYoug looked up and saw JaeJoong again.  The man glared at him with a smirk.

 

“Why?  So that you can have her for yourself?” he asked.  Fire was in JaeJoong’s eyes and he ran up to him and punched him in the face.

 

“You.Better.Leave.Her.Alone!” he said in every punch.

 

“I’m not leaving a hot girl like her alone,” he said, trying to get up.  JaeJoong stood up and took out his gun.

 

“Are you sure about that?” JaeJoong asked harshly as he pointed the gun directly at his head.  The man gulped and looked up at him with frightened eyes.

 

“I-I’ll leave,” he said and ran off.  JaeJoong put his gun in his pocket and turned around to see MiYoung staring at him.  He walked over to her and put his jacket around her.

 

“You alright?”  She nodded slowly and clutched tightly onto the jacket.

 

“Thank you again,” she said weakly as she looked at his eyes.  The look in his eyes made her feel weaker.  She wasn’t able to stand at all.

 

“It’s no problem.  I’ll drive you home,” JaeJoong offered.  MiYoung smiled and nodded.  JaeJoong carried her bridal style to his car.  JaeJoong started the engine, but didn’t drive just yet.  He just looked at her.  MiYoung looked at him confused which made him chuckle.  “I’ll need the directions to your place.”

 

“Oh, sorry,” she said quietly, feeling so embarrassed.

 

“It’s alright.”

 

The day was new and school started.  With every guy passing by, MiYoung kept a small distance, except for ChangMin.  He wondered why since she wasn’t the type to immediately tell her problems.


“MiYoung, you’re avoiding every guy that’s coming by.  Why?”  ChangMin asked curiously.

 

“I’m just scared, oppa,” MiYoung answered.

 

“Scared?” he questioned.


“After work, a guy almost me again.”

 

“What do you mean by almost?”

 

“My dark angel came again,” MiYoung answered so happily.  ChangMin just smiled and ruffled her hair.  “Oh, and I almost met him where I work.  I finally know his name.”  ChangMin thought for a bit and smiled.

 

“Is the name Kim JaeJoong?”