For the Love of Another

Regaining the Faith

Yunho was lying in the bed, a ventilator tube down his throat , the heart monitor next to the bed beeping steadily, reassuringly. 

Jae just stood there, looking at that well loved face, the tears streaming down his own.  Slowly, he made his way the the side of the bed and pulled a chair close. 

Taking Yunho's hand in his own, he brought it to his face and held it against his cheek.

 "It's Jae, Yunnie.  I'm here.  I'm ok."   Jae took the hand from his face and pressed it against his heart. " I'm here love.  Can you feel my heart beating?  I'm here."  

He reached up and gently brushed U-know's hair from his face."Mianhae my love, my brother, my dearest friend. Mianhae, forgive me." 

Rising to lean over his dearest love, he brushed his lips over Yunho's forehead.  " I won't ever leave you again.  I promise."

Settling back in the chair, Jae softly started singing to his beloved. Songs that meant so much to them both, Magic Castle, Kiss a Mama Sayonara, Fallen Leaves. He just kept singing, knowing that somehow, Yunho knew he was there.From his vantage point he never saw the single tear tracking down the far side of his friend's face.

Hours later,  he was missed by the staff in his ward.  A check of the CCTV showed him speaking to the duty nurse, then heading out of the area of the VIP rooms.  A quick call to the nurse in question and they knew about his inquiry. Jae was found there, his head pillowed on one arm, holding Yunho's hand, sleeping.  As he was in no danger, they left him alone. 

He was still there when Yoochun arrived.  Chunnie could only smile and wipe  away the tears as he awakened his friend.  Gently scolding him for his behavior, but understanding all too well what Jae was doing, and why.  Jae allowed himself to be taken back to his own room once Max and Junsu arrived,  making them promise to get him if Yunho stirred.  

Once he had been looked over and discharged, Jae went back to the ICU and once again took up his post at Yunnie's side.

" I'm back love.  They released me.  Now you have to get better too, ok?" 

 Yoochun, Su and Min all looked on in disbelief as Jae settled back in for the duration.  "Yoochun, would you please go bring me some clean clothes and stuff?  I feel gross.  Oh, feed Jiri too."  

Yoochun only could nod.  They hadn't seen this side of their friend since the split, and it was a little unsettling to realize exactly what had been missing. It was the love they had all shared.