The Fragility of a Heart

Regaining the Faith

Yoochun managed to get through the explanation before Jae broke. 

When he realized that Yunnie had been hurt trying to get to him, it was more than he could bear.  He tried to stand, but Yoochun kept pushing him back onto the bed. "Jae, you can't.  You're not well enough."

"I have to see him."  Jae kept saying in a flat tone, so focussed on the single thought, that all other reason fled.  "I have to tell him I'm ok." " He has to hear it from me, so he knows its real." 

Finally, Yoochun pushed the call button for the nurse and they sedated Jaejoong.

"Mianhae hyung. Please forgive me."  With head bowed, He left the room and  headed back downstairs to Min and Su.

The others were where he left them, sitting outside Yunho's room, Su's arm around the maknae's shoulders.  Junsu looked up and immediately realized what Yoochun had done.  "You told him?"

'Yeah."  Yoochun sat down next to them.  "We had to sedate him. He lost it."  The look on Max's face was one of total devastation as he realized the implications of what he heard.

"Jaejoong hyung ....does he still......" , the words just wouldn't form.  Miserably, he looked to first Yoochun, and then Junsu, reading in their faces what he had hoped not to see there. "Oh God.... He ...." Min said in a breathless tone. He squeezed his eyes tightly closed." Still."  His voice breaking on the word.

"Yeah.  He still." Junsu said almost in a whisper.  Head dropping down, eyes closing, his jaw setting in his trademark lock."he never got over all of that.  He still has a cake on Yunho's birthday, buys a Christmas present for him every year, and marks the two anniversaries, our debut, and ....then."

"He puts on a smile, forces himself to go through whatever he has to, then cries himself to sleep on those days." Yoochun added softly" It kills me to see it."

"Yunho still does too.  Just today, he was staring at his phone, looking at Jae's number, trying to make himself dial it." Su and Chunnie looked at the maknae, sadness in their eyes. "I miss you, hyungs."

"We miss you too maknae." A tear slid down Su's face and his voice cracked with emotion. "We miss the two of you so much, it hurts."

They sat in silence for what seemed like forever, just taking comfort in the presence of the others.  Finally, when exhaustion was setting in, they agreed to get a room nearby and try to sleep.  Min stayed by Junsu's side, taking shelter in his old friend. Even in sleep, he kept a hand always on Su, fearing to be alone. 

Yoochun sighed and closed his eyes again, peace eluding him. 

All he could see when he tried to sleep was Jae's panic stricken face, and the tears in his eyes.