Part Three

Fresh Tears and Alcohol Kisses
 
 
        "Ji-Jiyong?" she tried, obviously startled. "Why... What are you doing here?"
 
        Jiyong saw her expression turn from surprise to one of anger. He tried to save himself, "Scout, I know you said you didn't want-"
 
        "Damn right I didn't want to see you again, Jiyong! What the hell are you doing here!?" She already looked like she was about to cry and it hadn't been thirty seconds yet. It distressed him - he'd always hated seeing her cry. And, worse, it was because of him... He thanked the lord that he wasn't stone-cold-sober. He couldn't feel much aside from the drill in his head.
 
        Jiyong clutched onto whatever reason he had, "I just... I-I had to see you!" It was pathetic and he knew it, but it was the truth. 
 
        Scout exhaled, clinging to the umbrella, hoping it'd help keep her grounded. "You didn't have to. You've made it worse already." She glared at him, the small huffs of breath visible in the night, making her seem even more irritated. However, as much as she tried to keep hard on the interior as well as the outside, she could feel herself begin to soften up just at the sight of him.
 
        He was an absolute mess. His bleach-blonde hair was hanging in wet threads and his eye-make up was running. His nose was pink and his lips were blue, his jeans soaked through with his white sleeveless shirt a dirty shade of grey. The rain was falling heavier now, goosebumps coated his arms. He looked like he'd been crying, but it could've just been the rain.
 
        Icy water dripped off the end of his nose and he looked a state. His eyes were quiet and humble, the ever-present, playful glint had dimmed.
 
        In short; he was broken.
 
        Without even realising, the tough wall she'd built especially for him had been torn down in seconds, simply just by looking at him.
 
        She scrutinized him a little longer, wondering how to deal with someone so reckless. She felt sorry for him - really, she did - but it was his fault they ended up like this. If he hadn't done what he'd done, they'd have left BigHit Entertainment's building together. They wouldn't be stood outside it like strangers, considering each other's worth in their lives.
 
        Things would have been different and a whole, whole lot better.