Asleep?

Tree Of Life

2013

Baekhyun

The sun light shone through the golden leaves of Autumn as Baekhyun stepped out onto his door step. He stared directly at the fiery ball without hesitating at the light's intensity. The giant, white fluff ball that was Jeremy tugged urgently at his lead.
 
"Alright then. Let's Go!!!" The journey to the dance studio was short and the crisp cool breeze tingled Baekhyun's ears and ruffled the short, brown locks that peeked from his blue bobble hat. Jeremy's long tail swung from left to right with the excitement of adventure.
 
As they passed a tall building of apartments, the sun was suddenly blocked from Baekhyun's eyes. He looked up. A figure stood at the roof's edge. As the figure dove, time slowed. He spun vertically and as he neared the ground, he flipped: allowing his feet to softly hit the pavement with ease. What the....?!
 
"The hell was that?!?! You're crazy!"
 
"No, I'm Kris." he said coolly, walking off ahead.
 
"More like Kray..." muttered Baekhyun. Suddenly, he walked straight into something. 
 
"What did you say?" Baekhyun looked up and began to laugh as innocently as possible. Kris' darkened face towered over him.
 
"Nothing at all," beamed Baekhyun. He began rattling off all the possibilities that what just happened...happened. He didn't survive and now he's a ghost walking the streets. Wait, maybe he's a vampire. No too simple. I know...he's a stunt man. There were wires. That's it. There were wires. "So what sort of film are you working on? Is there anyone famous in it? Will you get me an autograph?" He scurried off after Kris.
 
"Will you stop following me?!" Kris finally breathed. His words boiled on his tongue.
 
"Huh? No...I'm just walking my dog."
 
"What dog?"
 
Baekhyun stopped and stared down into his hands. No lead. "Oh God. Oh God. Jeremy?!" He ran down the street. "Jeremy?!" There was no bark. No big, fluffy, white fur. "Why did he leave? I was going to give him a bath and everything!!" He wined.
 
"Hey, Jeremy!" A voice sounded from behind him. "Where are you?" Kris was running towards Baekhyun. "It'll be better if we split up." He stated calmly. "You go on ahead, see if he went back to your house and I'll go the other way." He started off but barely moved. Baekhyun clung tightly to his waist.
 
"There could be thugs around here!" he cried.
 
"Oh for God's sake!"
 
"What if they kidnapped my poor Jeremy?"
 
"Fine!! We'll go together!!!"
 

D.O

Kyungsoo ducked his head low so that he could see outside of the car window. Large oak trees, trailing golden leaves, lined the avenue.  His brother, Suho, took a sip of water as he turned the page of the book that lay in his lap. Kyungsoo was relieved to be off the plane - onto solid ground. Flying made him anxious, as if one of the gods from Suho’s books would shoot him out of the sky.

“We’re almost there.” The woman sitting in the passenger seat gestured to a tall Victorian building at the end of the avenue. Suho momentarily glimpsed up.

“A shame it’s not the original,” he muttered.

“Yes,” the woman turned. “The original building burned to the ground during the mid-1800s.”

“The family who bought the land in the early 1900s decided to rebuild it using the remaining structure that hadn’t been destroyed by time.” Suho interrupted. Kyungsoo cringed with embarrassment. His brother was extremely intelligent but that sometimes led him to be – let’s just say – rude, disrespectful and obnoxious! He could be somewhat of a burden.

The woman just smiled kindly – or was it slyly?  

 

1856

Chen

 Hooves and carriage wheels dipped and splashed in the muddy puddles left from the previous night's storm. Chen patted his black horse’s neck as the entourage began to slow and finally halt. A cold chill tingled his spine like lightning as he climbed off the mare. They had reached their destination.

“Sir, we have arrived” he informed through the carriage's thick purple curtains.

“Finally, it is extremely cold! Fetch my cloak!” came the order from within. Chen signalled to a guard nearby, who ,after rummaging in a trunk, brought out a thick, red, fur cloak. Stepping out, as the carriage door swung open, the young man gazed up at his palace. His Majesty, King Lay.

"What do you think my lord?" asked the king's new advisor stepping out behind him. Chen sensed something was off about this man and it wasn't just the red eyes. It was similar to the feel of this place - the same cold chill.

The young king came out of his state of awe and regained his usual composed arrogance. " Not too bad. I've seen worse"  Chen dismissed urge to roll his eyes. Lay had never been this way, even when his father cast him due to his illegitimate birth. Growing up he had been kind and caring but now he wanted to show that he was no longer a bastard child....he was a king.

 

Author's note: I've just done a character relationship diagram! WOAH!! It's gonna get messy!!!!
I hope you're finding the hints....I thought they were clever *scratches head shyly*  
Again feed back greatly needed. Does my writing change to much? Are the snippets too short? More description? Less dialogue?
Throw it at me!!!! I need to know!!!!!