No Longer Healing?

Tree Of Life

Unknown Era

Aluxio

Aluxio made his way down the tower's oak stair case, heading towards Raphael's infirmary. The large room was clean, tidy and had a metallic taste in the air. At one end, Aluxio could see Raphael staring furiously at a bonsai tree.
"Something the matter?" Aluxio gently asked. 
Raphael's head flashed up. "Does everything look okay to you?!" he shouted aggressively.
"Not quite?" he suggested, backing away slowly.
"It's his fault!" he roared pointing at the sky.
"Who's fault?" Looking at a mad man was uneasy.
"Raejin." Raphael spat through his teeth, "my healing skills are weakening." he gestured dramatically towards the miniature tree. "Look! Do you see any flowers?!"
The bonsai was bare of colour and the leaves were slowly falling one by one. But how was Raejin responsible?...

 

1856

Lay

The castle was massive and grey and cold and lonely.....again. However, that didn't matter. If he was to be king then he had to live here. At least until everything was cleared up about his father's death. 
Rouge gestured Lay to follow him inside. The sinister feel of the place made him feel glad that Chen was only a few steps behind him at all times. 
Rouge had been the one that delivered the news of his father's death and that he was the only heir. Obviously Lay was sad that his father was dead but it meant that he could finally be more than his father's mistake. He wanted to be a good King and take care of the country and despite the creepy feel of Rouge, he was the only person who could help him.
As they entered the castle, servants lined the hall and bowed as he passed. It made him feel uncomfortable but he held his head high and tried to dismiss their actions as if it was an every day occurrence.
Rouge began to explain their roles. How they would serve his meals, help him bathe, dress him, clean, and tend to his every need. It seemed a bit much but he had to accept it. 
They climbed the stairs and passed many rooms until they stopped in front of two large wooden doors. Guards stood either side.
"These are your chambers," Rouge said, "the journey was long. It would be best for you to get some rest. I send up something to eat in a while." The guards opened the door and Lay entered. Rouge swiftly turned and walked away as the doors closed behind him.

Chanyeol

Chanyeol's stomach churned. The bumps and dips of the road were making him regret eating breakfast. He didn't know how much more he could take.
"We're here." said the man opposite. He hadn't spoken since they'd left the streets of London but he was still the top hat creepily. 
Chanyeol risked looking out of the window. They were passing through an avenue of large trees. The branches scattered leaves onto the road making a carpet of reds and oranges for his arrival. He stuck his head out of the window to see their destination. The building contrasted with the golden colours of nature. It was huge, black and imposing. It was surrounded by a tall brick wall, the only exit a large cast iron gate guarded by men with rifles strapped to their back. It didn't look as if anything grew within those walls but that was no different to London. Nothing grew on those streets. People only rotted. The gates creaked open and the carriage passed through.
As Chanyeol climbed out of the carriage after the his travelling companion, he saw another hurrying out of the main entrance. 
"Jonathan, you're here!" he cried. 
So that's his name.
"You're leaving?" Jonathan questioned. He seemed suspicious.
"Unfortunately yes. There seems to be a disturbance in San Tora. They believe someone is going to steal..." He paused noticing Chanyeol. "Well I better get going."
Jonathan didn't seem too distressed by the news.
"Isn't San Tora in Italy?" Chanyeol asked. "Wouldn't it be too late if he traveled there now?" 
Jonathan smiled slightly. "We have access to a much quicker form of transport." He said before walking towards the entrance.

2013

Kai

The cafeteria was loud and crowded as it always was. That's why he was never there. The roof was much more appealing. However, Mr Choi had tasked Kai with taking care of the transfer student and so, there he was waiting in line for inedible school food.
He looked over to the entrance when two boys hurried through. "Late again," he murmured under his breath.
"Who?" Xiumin asked.
"Those two," He pointed. "They're always together and always arrive late together. People might get the wrong idea."
"Well they do live together." Kai turned towards him. Xiumin just smiled. "They live near me. The tall one is always complaining that the other keeps losing his key and the other shout back about always having to take out the trash."
"They live alone?"
"Don't we all?"