Time's Toll and New Neighbours?

Tree Of Life

Unknown Era

Aluxio

Aluxio sat up in bed, the previous night's events still in his brain. The light blasted through the window - harsher than usual - as  Horado hobbled through the door.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Aluxio smiled.
Horado looked up in a sort of trance. "Sorry," he returned.
"You don't seem well." His eyes were sunken, no longer full of life. Grey hairs poked out from behind his ears and his skin was beginning to crease. Was time taking its toll?
"I'm fine," he smiled weakly, "just slow on timekeeping."
Slow on time keeping? Time keeping?! 
"Have you spoken to him?" he asked urgently.
"No, he's not been at the monastary for quite awhile. Have you seen Nuriel? He's not in his room."
"No, sorry." Aluxio's mind was spinning. First Nuriel's eyes, now Horado can not keep track of time. Something wasn't right.....
 

1856

Tao

Tao dashed between alcoves, finally making it to the door. He slipped through. Curtains, that were thick, blue and trimmed with golden tassels, hung from walls; behind them towers of books. At the centre of the room was a large mahogany table stacked with parchment and inkwells holding feathered quills. However, Tao took no notice to the lavish décor his attention was at the small wooden box in the farthest corner of the room.

Suddenly, a bird’s song resounded through the room. He had to hurry. The guards were closing in, unaware of his presence. He had to move now and quick. The door handle began to turn and time slowed. Tao grabbed the box and replaced it with the decoy he had hidden in his cloak. Now that was done, what was his escape plan? 

2013

Kris

The unlikely duo travelled down the street towards Baekhyun's house, one still clutching the other.

Baekhyun stared up at Kris' face. He had baby features and a baby expression. "What were you doing on that building?" 
 
"Flying." 
 
Baekhyun stepped back. His heel hung off the pavement and he felt gravity dragging his body down. 
"Watch it!" Kris yelled grabbing at Baek's shirt before he stumbled in front of an expensive looking car. 
 
The driver was expressionless and continued on, stopping in front of the old house that had been rebuilt around the time Baekhyun's family moved in next door. 
 
Baekhyun straightened. "Flying?! You believe you can fly?" 
 
Kris' face embodied the phrase WTF. " You were almost hit by a car and you're bothered about me flying?!" 
 
Baekhyun spun around "Car?" He saw its location and bounced around. "New neighbours!!!" He clapped with glee.
 
Kris just shook his head and walked to what was most likely Baekhyun's house. Lazing on the door step was a giant fluffy dog. "Hey
weirdo!" He pointed towards the fluff ball. "Your dog!" 
 
"Jeremy!!!" 
 

D.O

"Watch out!" Kyungsoo shouted as the car almost hit the blonde haired boy falling off the pavement. However, the car kept moving straight as normal. He stared out of the back window at the two boys somewhat bickering as the car pulled up in front of the house.

"We're here." the woman said with a smile. "Welcome to your new home" 
 
Suho took a gulp of water, stepping out of the car. "I doubt it. Are you coming?"
 
Kyungsoo was still staring at the two boys, one tall, walking towards the house next door, and the other bouncing about as if he hadn't just nearly died. "Yes, brother."
 
Finally seeing the house up close gave it a different atmosphere. It stood out like a sore thumb. The other houses may have been as big but this one seemed cold and unwelcoming. 
 
"Jeremy!" The cry came from behind them. Suho's face immediately shifted with annoyance. 
 
"Great," he muttered, "loud, annoying, idiotic neighbours." 
 
The blonde haired boy was smothering a giant, fluffy, white dog with kisses. "Loud and idiotic," Kyungsoo agreed, "but maybe not annoying." he smiled. He briefly caught a glimpse of the woman's face. It was dark yet playful: a sickening joy in seeing the blonde boy's happiness. Who or what was she?
 
 
 
Author's Note: The biggest apologies!!! It's been over a month since I last updated!
I'M SOOOO SOORRRYYY!!!!!! 
I've had such little inspiration and I'm also a master of procrastination. I'll pick up the pace!
I promise!!