Asleep

Tree Of Life

 

2013

Kai

Kai slumped in the corner of the classroom, staring out of the window. The autumn leaves drifted passed - a couple clutching to the window momentarily until a gust of wind dragged them back into the air. The trees overlooking the school yard swayed aggressively as squirrels scurried across their branches with nuts for the winter. Soaked students dashed towards the school building occassionaly slipping on the wet leaves while a teacher, brandishing a wooden stick, stood at the gate looking forward to punishing the kids that arrived late. The weather was dull, wet and cold.
 
The classrom was no different. Some students slumped over their desks, wondering why they stayed up so late, while others complained about the weather. The smart kids flicked through their text books, jumping ahead of what they were being taught, solving unneeded problems. The clowns of the class joked around, sitting on tables, clapping and laughing. Every now and then the people working or trying to sleep would scowl at them but they carried on as they always did. 
 
Kai leaned his head against the back wall and closed his eyes. The majority of students avoided him. He was the unusual, thuggish orphan who seemed to instantly vanish at the end of the day.
 
From the other side of the room a group of girls were discussing beauty tips and fashion advice. One, a mousy, blue eyed girl with carefully curled brown hair, repeatedly glanced at Kai until she was finally staring at him. He half opened his eyes and she instantly looked away embarrassed. He let out a short laugh under his breath and returned to his half sleep. 
 

Sehun

The autumn wind rattled the windows of the small, one room apartment. The walls were white and bare but the floor was different. Clothes in need of washing, school text books and empty ramyun pots were strewn across the floor. In one corner, a bin was overflowing while in the other, a bundle of wires tangled like sheeps' wool. At the centre, in a midst the text books and clothes were two sleeping boys.
 
Sehun jolted up, beads of sweat running down his face. He breathed deeply, in and out, trying to lower his heart rate. His eyes stung and his head ached. The ticking of the wall clock rang in his ears like a tuning fork. He clambered out of the mess, untangling Luhan's limp and heavy body from his own and dragged himself to the kitchen area. Grabbing a glass from the sink, he filled the it up with water.
 
"What time is it?" came a murmur from the floor. A sleepy Luhan raised his head, rubbing his eyes. His hair was a tousle of light brown curls and his tiny mouth pursed in annoyance.
 
"9:30," replied Sehun, taking a sip from the glass. He rocked the liquid back and forth with his tongue, deep in thought.
 
"Why so early?!" moaned Luhan. He pulled the quilt over his head and threw himself back down to sleep.
 
Sehun turned and strolled over to him. Menacingly, he began kicking him. "Look at the mess! Take out the trash! Pick up your clothes!" Luhan pulled the quilt further over his head. 
 

1856

Chanyeol

Chanyeol sat in the back of the horse driven carriage. As the carriage fell over a pot hole, his brown hair dropped in front of his eyes. The smell of burnt umber still clung to the locks and it caused him to feel sick. It wasn't the smell, to be honest, that churned his stomach. Normally, the scent of burning calmed Chanyeol and he felt comfortable, so much that he would sometimes carry a small bag of burnt wood around his neck. Now, however, burning and fire reminded him of the screams and the panic that had filled that day. 
 
"You're cursed!" His grandmother had shouted not even looking at his face. "My poor son. No mother should watch her son die. No mother." She'd sank to the floor and shaken her head in her hands. Chanyeol clutched his throat, trying to hold back the tears.
 
"Don't blame yourself," comforted the man sitting in front of him, the black top hat sitting on his lap, "Bad things happen when the moon eclipses. You had no part in this."  Chanyeol turned and stared out of the window at the passing streets of  London. This mysterious man had appeared on his Grandparent's black, concrete doorstep and offered to take Chanyeol off their hands. They enthusiastically obliged and the next day he was out on the cold, stone cobbled driveway waiting to be picked up.
 
Chanyeol sighed. "Where are we going exactly?" he asked with little enthusiasm, still staring out at the monochrome streets of London. 

"Let's just say it is a lot brighter than this black capital," a slight smile glazed over his lips.

 

Tao

Tao perched on the clay tiled roofs of San Tora. It was late afternoon and the sun was setting over the vast sea of brown. A crisp, cool breeze swept through the air. Below him, merchants began to pack away their stalls, placing unsold leather bound books and thin linen cloth into carriages drawn by horses. Children dashed, with stealth, in between the tables, snatching handfuls of the aromatic bread and fresh fruit that remained. Pigeons joined them in their tirade, diving at the crumbs.Tao's eyes widened as a bird's whistle sounded from the other side of San Tora. It was time. 

 

At the centre of San Tora stood a cathedral. Tao rose and began to leap from roof to roof towards the tall stone building. On either side of him, other brown hooded figures did the same. As they approached the location, soldiers and archers could be seen  stationed on and around the walls. An entourage lay in wait in the court yard. The hooded assassins settled into position.
 
Author's Note: I have decided to write scenes instead of chapters. It'll be easier for me to write and content will get out more quickly YAAAY!!! XD  I don't really know where this is going but it'll work out.......hopefully.  The different time periods will be less confusing later on but if you've worked it out already then........GIVE ME YOUR SMARTICLE PARTICLES!!!