Two

Demonic Love

Seohyun's PoV

A month since my father passed away. It was as depressing as it was when my mother died. Maybe at least now they'll find each other in the human world. I sighed.

All the damages done to the kingdom was fixed a week afterwards. Of course like me too, everybody mourn after my father. How can they not miss someone as kind, nice, loving, and generous as he is?

Two weeks after the death of father, they told me and my older sister, Mel unnie to rule the kingdom. We agreed reluctantly. The other angels kindly gave us time to calm ourselves down after the big accident and loss.

Mel unnie hasn't been the same. She is 7 years older than me, but people often think I'm the older one. Her face looks really young and cheerful, with her bubbly personality too. But after father passed away, she started speaking in wise words, trying to adapt to the fact that she's now the Queen. She has quiet down a bit too, just like how when our mother passed away and her break-up. I never really heard about her ex-boyfriend. But I respected the fact that she doesn't want to talk about him.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked me suddenly, breaking my train of thoughts as we're seated on each end of the dining table. "Is the wrinkle really that obvious?!"

Well, not all of her childish behaviours were gone. And yes she's worried about her preparation coming to the age of 30s.

"No unnie. It's just that appa-"

"Want more turkey?" she asked me. I know she's trying to avoid talking about our father and how he got killed by Lee Joon. Unnie is never fond of him even if her age group isn't that far away from his. I think they might graduated from the same year. But she doesn't even want to see his face. Who's fond of him anyway?

"No thanks. I'm full." I told her. "I'll be going to my room now."

"Aishhh this liar." I heard her giggling. "Be more professional when you lie to your unnie."

I turned around to see her munching on her salad. "Unnie! I don't lie! What are you talking about anyway?"

She smirked demonicly at me. I shiver. "You weren't going to your room. You're going to see Kyuhyun." she raised her eyebrows few times before giggling.

"I'm not!"

"Don't lie, Hyunnie. Angels are suppose to be good~ I saw you with him everyday at the garden~"

"We were just-" I was too late. Mel unnie closed her ears with her hands and started singing lalalalala just to annoy me. Typical of her. I smiled. Maybe she didn't change after all.

While walking to my room, I started thinking of what unnie said. True, Kyuhyun oppa has been coming regularly to chat away with me. He is one of the best friends I have from Sky Institute. We have one class together back then when I was a first year and he was a senior. Everybody adores him for his looks, personality, and intelect. He's what you can say; perfect. He was very supportive for me after the loss and I couldn't be more grateful for it. He's an angel, literally.

"Thinking about me?" A voice startled me. I lost my balance because of it and slipped off the air. Good thing the one who scared me catched me too. "You alright? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine Kyu oppa. I was-" Something definitely moved inside me and it caused me a nausea. I feel colors draining off my face. Kyuhyun oppa must've notice it too and put a protective arm around my back.

"Oh no you're sick, Hyun!" he said in a worried voice. He then put his hand on my forehead. "Not a fever. Do you feel uncomfortable somewhere?"

"No I'm feeling fine." I feel blushes creeping up my cheek as I realized his hands were still on my back, supporting me. He must've noticed it since he let go of me instantly.

He then took a strain of my hair and put it behind my ear. "You've been looking a bit pale these days. You're sick. I'm sure of it. I can diagnose you, you know? I graduated as a doctor, remember?" he smiled kindly at me.

"Thanks oppa." I don't know what else to say to him.

He looked at me once again, concerned. "So tell me what you've been feeling. Headache, scratchy throat, stomachache, sneezing?"

I laughed at his sudden seriousness. "I'm only feeling a bit dizzy these days. Mood swings too for a weird reason. And I lost my apettite a lot which is good for my diet." I tried to joke. But he still look concerned.

In fact, he looked shocked at that. "When you feel nauseous, do you feel like.. wanting to puke maybe?"

"Yeah." I answered casually. His face changed and it slowly scares me. It's like he diagnosed me with cancer. I back away from his touch. "What do you think happened to me?"

Kyuhyun oppa is someone who likes to joke around, especially with someone he's close with. I'm quite hard to approach since I'm a shy person. So Kyuhyun oppa does joke a lot around me to get closer to me. But he is someone who wouldn't joke around about health. His personality is rather blunt too as he blurted out;

"I think you're pregnant."

I froze at my place, not able to understand a word he just said. It couldn't possibly be that. I didn't even do any ual thing with anyo- Oh dear.. No..

"I think you're remembering the time you did ual relationship with somebody, Hyun." Kyuhyun oppa suddenly said to me. No! Not here!

With my reflexes, I pushed Kyuhyun oppa to my room from the hallway we were talking at before. I couldn't let anyone hear this. The blow of my father's death has been enough for the month!

I was so busy with my own thoughts that I didn't realize Kyuhyun oppa already put his wand on my stomach. I was pretty startled. "Hyun, the results will be out in 3 minutes. If my wand lit up, you're positive." he said, in a disappointed voice.

I shook my head and took away Kyu oppa's wand from his hand. He only stare pitifully at me as he sat on the edge of my bed.

I couldn't let him see me breaking down. I grabbed the wand tight and run to my wardrobe. I entered it and hid myself in it, closing the door. I count to myself, hoping the 3 minutes won't come so fast. But it came and the light on the stick followed it.

Emotions flooded through my mind. I'm pregnant. I'm carrying a baby. I should be happy. But I'm not. This is very complicated since I know who's responsible of making this beautiful living creature inside my womb. A demon is responsible for it. The demon I love made this. We made it. But- I'm not ready. And without knowing it, I was already a sobbing mess.

Kyuhyun oppa opened the wardrobe's door to see the lighting wand of his. He sighed as he saw me shaking like crazy. He must've thought of me as a sinful woman now. I was no longer pure. Surprisingly for me, Kyuhyun oppa wrapped his arms around me.

It was too much. I couldn't held it back any longer. I cried harder into his chest, letting my tears damped his beautiful white suit. He patted my head, telling me everything will be okay when I know it won't.

The angels will know I betrayed them. I lied to them. And that I let myself fell into a ridiculous love that killed my own father.

Hiccups won't stop and the tears keep coming out as if my eyes were a stream. I can feel Kyuhyun oppa lifting me out the wardrobe and put me on my bed. I couldn't let go of him. He's my only comfort at the moment, for I not know when he'll hate me too.

"Let's get married." I heard him say. "I'll tell them this is my baby. We'll live happily, Hyun. I'll protect both of you."

I instantly let go of him, shocked of his sudden confession. "Oppa, is that why you've been so nice to me all these years? Cause you like me?"

I saw him nod. "I love you, Seohyun-ah." He put his hand on my stomach. "I love every part of you."

Don't put it in the wrong way, I love Kyuhyun oppa too. But not in that way. "Oppa.. I- I couldn't love you like you do to me. I love someone else, I love my baby's father, no matter how ridiculous that sounded." I told him sincerely.

"Then ask the man to be responsible." he kissed me lightly on my forehead.

Before I know it, I blurted it out. "He wouldn't want this.." and tears are formed again in my eyes. "That man who I loved refused to take me. I don't even love you, Oppa. How could you live with me forever?" I wouldn't spend my life with someone who doesn't love me. And I think Kyuhyun oppa doesn't want it too.

But I was wrong.

"You don't need to love me, Hyun. Let me love you." he said cheesily. I would be lying if I said I'm relieved. It's just a little pang in my heart was just lifted. I gave him a small smile.

And with that, I closed my eyes slowly, letting Kyuhyun oppa put his arms around my waist and started pulling me closer. Our lips met eventually and it was such a soft, longing, and sweet kiss. But the spark and butterflies I felt when I'm with him instead didn't come.

...................................

Yonghwa's PoV

I waited for a year. Patiently. Knowing that if I ever managed to be freed from this ball and chain, from this dark corner of the dungeon, standing at the other side of the bars, I'll be able to go back to Joohyun's side. She'll be waiting for me to be with her again and she'll give me the love I always long for.

But I was wrong.

After a year that Joon hyung caught me with Joohyun, he finally showed up again in front of me. He stands broadly in front of me, who's weak and almost lifeless due to the lack of food that year. He walked into the dungeon and closer to me, kneeling down to my eye-level.

"I hope you understand why I did this to you, Yong-ah. I love you." he told me.

I stood up and struggled against the chain that tied me up for the whole year. "No hyung! If you love me you would've let me be happy with Seohyun instead!"

He only smirked. The smirked that was never on his face when we were little teenagers and happy with each other. "Tell me you love me after a year, Yong. That's how long we haven't met each other; a year."

"I won't." I struggled again only to fail. I slumped back down to my previous pitiful position.

"You should. Since I'll let you out of this dungeon today." he smirked once again. "We have to get you ready for tomorrow's big event."

"What event?" I asked, my curiosity beating my pride. Ah .

"Seo Joo Hyun's wedding." he told me. And that's how I experienced the pain of the sword of myth.

I feel really numb as the guards around my brother walk to me and release me from the dungeon they locked me in. They turned off the torch at the corner of the dungeon and drag me upstairs to my room.

Joon hyung came in to my room with food in his hands. He fed me again after years.

"Aigoo that sunken cheeks. No wonder Hyunnie chose Cho Kyuhyun instead of you, Yong~" he sneered at me. I feel dizzier than the whole time when I was prisoned in the basement. I want to scream loudly to clear it all out. Hyun couldn't have just gave up on me like that, right? After all we've been through.

"You're lying hyung." my voice shook a bit as I talk, trying to deny the facts Joon hyung just told me.

"I know I lie a lot, Yong. But let's see if I lied tomorrow, Yong~" He tucked me in my bed, as I have no energy left in me and the feeling of my old bed is so great, I gave in into the darkness.

 

Joon hyung woke me up so early in the morning with so many demons behind him. I'm still really oblivious about what's happening. All happened at once. My hair being tidied up and my sword handed to me. They told me to spread my wings and fly to Havenwoods. So we really are going there..

Havenwoods didn't change much. Only that it looks more beautiful with flowers all along the street. So this is what it looks like. When I come here, I always have to use the dark streets to walk. Or else an angel would see me and freaked out. I can't blame them.

But that day the streets are so empty. No one is there. It seems like everyone is still in their houses even at 11 AM.

"They all must've been in the White Castle now." Joon hyung said to me as if he read my mind.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Didn't I tell you? Seohyun's wedding~" he sang. When we were little and he had a heart, I could never imagine him teasing me to the extent that I want to kill myself.

Sadly, it wasn't a mere joke.

We finally arrived at the decorated White Castle and peeked through its glass window. We can see all the angels seated in the main hall of the castle. All dressed prettily in white. How I wished to be granted white clothes instead of black ones.

When my thoughts are occupied, I didn't realize Joon hyung has broken the glass window and entered; making everyone gasped at him.

"Happy royal wedding day everyone!" I heard him yell from outside. He raised his hand and moved it in swift motions, making the exit of the main hall closed and locked. The angels inside started to panic, running to the exit, trying to run away to no success. "How dare you not invite me?" he asked.

I should stop him now. That could probably help me to transform into an angel. I fly inside the main hall through the broken window too. The demon soldiers followed me in.

As I flew in, I let my eyes wander through the crowd, searching for Seohyun desperately. My heart broke little by little as I can't find her anywhere there. With only the last bits of strength I had left, I forced myself to look at the altar, hoping I wouldn't see her there. But there she was.

She looks absolutely stunning. Her hair up in a french bun and veil in front of her face. Her eyes still as brown as I remember, her nose as small as a button and her lips redder. Her white dress fell elegantly until a meter behind her. Pretty red roses are in her hands. Her hands wearing pretty white gloves and a man in white suit is holding them.

I never felt so much rage my whole life.

"Wow~ So pretty~ 2 months old?" I heard Joon hyung said from bellow me. I looked down to see him shaking a crib at the corner of the hall. The baby angel inside it crying.

"My baby!" I heard her angelic voice.

"So naughty eh? No even wedded, yet, a baby?" Joon hyung sneered. I find myself really curious at his words. I fly towards the crib, unknowingly racing my angel there.

I landed my feet in front of the crib and stare at the beautiful crying baby in it. She/he is an exact replica of Hyun. I felt my heart crushed into dirt. I turned around just to see a frozen Seohyun staring back at me.

"How could you.." I heard myself saying. A tear now roll down Seohyun's face. And now I feel a tear rolling down my cheeks too. I was betrayed.

"A year and you marry?" I asked her, my voice barely above a whisper. But I know she heard it as she choked. "Is waiting really that hard? A year isn't that long, Seo."

"Yong, I-" her words are cut by gasps coming from the angels. They're all shocked and surprised. Their eyes directed to one direction only; the altar. Seohyun turned around too as I fixed my gaze to the altar as the other angels.

"All finished." Joon hyung smirked in victory, clapping his hands. "Congratulations~!" he yelled cheerfully after he pull out his sword out of Seohyun's groom's chest.

"Kyuhyun oppa!" Seohyun yelled and run to the now lying down and lifeless groom.

"Hey Yong, let's go back home! Seems like the party is cancelled. The groom died." He faked a sad expression. "Or are you not satisfied yet? Want me to finish off the baby too?" he asked me with his goofy expression.

Seohyun's clearly taken aback and fly to her baby's crib to protect it. "NO! Not our baby!" she yelled to me. How could she just say it was 'our' baby?

As she run towards her baby's crib and me, I took out my sword and point it next to her neck. She stopped dead at her tracks and gasped, suprised that I would actually threaten her. "O-oppa.."

I feel like turning into a mad man. "Don't you oppa me." I said, my sword making physical contact to her neck. "I hope you live the most miserable life. I hope you realize that you're no longer an angel, that you killed an innocent man today."

"W-what are you talking about?" she asked me with her soft angelic voice that I long to soothe me. But now it became the voice I hate the most. "I killed nobody-"

I used my power of speed and the next second, I was already pressing our body together. "His name is Jung Yong Hwa." I said right next to her ear. I can feel her shivering. "He just died in his hatefulness towards you. I hate you." I couldn't stand longer. My knees are trembling now and I feel so weak.

I opened my scaly edgy dark wings from my back and started flying back to the window before I broke down in front of her. She doesn't worth my tears no more.

"Yonghwa oppa!" she called me as I fly away.

"I TOLD YOU HE'S DEAD!" I yelled to her. "Let's go, hyung-" I then realized where Joon hyung is.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" yelled Seohyun. Then I saw Joonie hyung making a star-shaped scar on the baby's back-neck. Seohyun then started to cry hysterically. Maybe Jung Yong Hwa would have helped the baby. But I grew not to care about what happened in her life anymore, so I just flew away, letting the tears flowing free on the way back.


Author's note

Hello to my good looking first 22 subscribers and everyone else! It's me! It's me! It's me! (Teehee ^.^)
It's nice to have supporters for your first ever debut fiction so, yeah. Thank youu all!

So, this one is pretty long for me. And yes, I think this chapter looks a little too rushed. But it's part of the plan!

Anywayy, someone asked me who Mel is?
Mel is a character I made. Why is her name not Korean?
Let's say she's an international angel! <3

Actually,

I've been writing a fiction before this one with the name Mel. It's a metaphore so basically she is someone like us (an international K-Pop fan) who would be falling for a KPop idol. Who'd that be? Lol! I'm not telling~
Anyways, in the process of making that fiction, I found a 'somehow' connection between that fiction and the idea of my new fiction (Demonic Love). So I'll just set that other fiction as its Sequel! (If I managed to finish this fic.)

Sorry for the long time to update and grammar errors.

Leave me some suggestions and comments! I'd appreciate them! ;)

9573aa46gw1duoqi8od2mg.gif

 

- KPOPMonstahh