Thirteen

Demonic Love

Cries filled the main hall as the demon girl thrash around on the dark and filthy carpet. Every demons in the Dark Castle close their ears with their hands or some other stuffs. They gave up just after 20 full minutes, adapting to the deafening sound of Jung Seohwa's cries. Some of them would gladly beat the little girl up, if only she isn't the princess.

It was hard but Yonghwa has to do it. Seohwa wouldn't let him go out at all and he is forced to leave her in the Dark Castle, crying out. He worries, but it's as if any of his 'minions' would dare hurting her. They should know better than dare him.

Like his brother, Lee Joon decided to go somewhere where his niece's crying won't be heard. It was utterly annoying. After days of living with the little demon, it's the first time Joon ever feels uncomfortable with her. So his escape? The underground dungeon.

The dungeon is perfectly sound-proof. Just as always, it's Joon's favorite place in the Dark Castle. No, Joon doesn't really like the smell of blood, the pieces of bones scattered on the floor, the spider webs on the corner of the room, or anything else. But he likes the fact that he's the only one who can ever gets out of there alive.

The seven years before Yonghwa was born, Joon wouldn't be sane if the dungeon is prohibited. Almost everyday he would go down to the dungeon and speak with the prisoners in there. Those prisoners, (of course) not one of them made it out alive. The first few days they're locked in there, they would cry and beg for mercy (which they never get). But after weeks, they would give up and just sit there, tell Joon what their lives were like out there.

None of them admitted it directly, but from what they said in the last days of their lives as demons, they wished to be reborn as an angel, giving love, getting love. And little Joonie realized, that even demons, deep deep down inside them, they need love. From that moment on, Joon searches for his so called love, but only to have her taken away from him.

"YOU!" a voice screeched, breaking his train of thoughts. Grabbing the bar and shook his violently is an angel locked up in one of the cells. "Let me out of here!"

Lee Joon smiled, taking the key from the wall to unlock the cell. "That is not a polite way to greet your almost brother-in-law, Hyunnie." he sneered as he walked into the cell, making Seohyun back away a few steps from him.

"Don't come closer!" she warned him.

Lee Joon is never one to listen to people though. Seohyun's warning only made him want to go closer to her. He stepped closer and closer to her, making Seohyun walks backwards around the cell, avoiding the sharp sickening stare of the demon king.

She hasn't eaten much since the day she was brought in. Yonghwa would occassionally give her a bread that he stole from the kitchen. But Underworld foods are disgusting that Seohyun would rather starve a bit. The side effect, she has gotten weaker each day. That's why, she suddenly tripped and fell backwards.

It hurt quite a lot as Seohyun opened her eyes and groaned in pain. It was nothing compared to her fright when Lee Joon squatted down and pull her up by her collar un-gently. He pulled her so close to his face that she has to look away in fright.

When he suddenly grabbed her bum and squeeze it, she jumped up in fright, running to the corner of the cell. "How dare you?!" she yelled.

Smirking in satisfaction with the angel's reaction, Joon stood up and walk closer to the corner of the cell where the angel is. Seohyun started panicking even more when the demon king stepped closer to her that she lost her cool and yell for Yonghwa loudly.

"Why would my brother help you?" Joon asked, closing the gap between him and the shivering angel. He hold her chin with his one hand, holding it up to make her face him. "He was happy since you were out of his life. He even had too much fun that he made a cute little demon girl. A daughter he would never get from you!"

Seohyun has to hold her laughter at that part, her fright forgotten at the very second Seohwa was mentioned. But at the last seconds, she couldn't hold it in any longer and let out a chuckle after thinking how freaked out Joon will be when he finds out that Seohwa is hers.

Thinking that she has gone nuts for a second there, Joon slapped her hard on her face, making her fell onto the ground once again, the corner of her lips throbbing and bleed. She started wondering how the gentle and warm Yonghwa can be related to the rude and cold Joon.

However, Joon was enraged with her calm response. "You're satisfied right? That you thought my brother's life was ruined?! That you won over him since you got new love from another angel and had a baby with him?!" he pulled Seohyun up by her hair, making her yelped. "How was that baby anyway?! I doubt she's prettier than Seohwa with that freaking hideous scar on her neck!"

Seohyun snickered. "She can be as pretty as Seohwa whenever she wants to." she bragged back, making Joon punched her and slammed her to the wall, before she slide down the wall, her body limp and unconscious.

Leaving the limp body of the angel's, he slammed the door of the cell closed roughly, locking it, then he muttered spells, strengthening the spell he put on the cell before. He stomped out of the dungeon with satisfaction.

.......................................

Yonghwa was a failure of a demon.

Flashback

The fourteen years old Jung Yonghwa and a bunch of his 'friends' are laughing at a certain joke they made themselves, they could call it an inside-joke. Hanging out together, the four of them walk around Sky Institute's very own park, where most angels and demons spend their breaks there.

One of Yonghwa's goofiest friend, Lee Jungshin keeps on rambling about the joke, making the other three laughed hard. Yonghwa was about to ask Jungshin to stop joking since his stomach hurts a lot from all the laughing. He turned around to tell Jungshin that, but instead, he tripped and fell onto the dirty ground.

"! What was that?!" he yelled and turned around to see what tripped him.

Upon seeing, he saw a little puppy looking at him in fright and froze in place. The puppy was running when Yonghwa suddenly walked over him and fell on his own accord.

Avoiding further humiliation (everyone is looking his way by then), he stood up angrily and took out a knife he always brings everywhere from his pocket. "You filthy creature! I'm going to kill you!" he announced, lifting the knife up.

But then, the knife floats up to the air instead, glittering white lines around it. "DON'T!" an angel girl ran to him at the same time. She ran to the puppy and lifted the frightened little puppy up to her arms. "There there, Boomba, it's fine. He won't hurt you." she patted the puppy's head.

Yonghwa was bewildered. "That filthy thing humiliated me! He's useless and just unworthy enough to live!"

"You should apologize!" the girl said. "You stepped on Boomba and almost kill him! Nothing that God created is useless or unworthy! Maybe some are though." she stopped dramatically. "Those who called others useless and unworthy!" she said before stomping away angrily.

Never in his life, people dare talk to him that way. "Who the does she think she is?!"

"That," Minhyuk pointed rudely to the direction the angel stomped away to. "is the angels' princess, Seo Joohyun."

It intrigued Yonghwa. "What interesting girl she is." he smirked.

End of Flashback

And ever since then, Yonghwa is always careful about taking somebody's life, unlike those demons who are blood thirsty. Maybe he did kill some afterwards (a whole bunch of villagers whose village he burnt), but even then, he prayed for them after realising what he did.

All Seohyun's fault for teaching him; love and care.

So to sneak into the White Castle without killing anyone is basically a suicide mission when you're a demon. But then again, he's Jung Yonghwa, the (second) king of the demons who dated the (second) princess of the angels and sneaked into the White Castle so many times before. When you're Jung Yonghwa, it's easy to sneak to the White Castle even if you're a demon.

He didn't kill nobody this time to his relieve. All he did were minor injuries (pinning an angel guard to the wall with forks, stabbing an angel buttler's feet with a knife, and making an angel maid faint) and he made it inside the main hall of the White Castle.

To his disappointment, the hall was empty, with no signs of the queen at all. "Angel Queen! I need to talk to you!" he yelled and it echoed through the whole hall.

"Say it!" a voice of a woman echoed back in reply. It sounded strict, wise, but at the same time, like it was hesitated. He's pretty sure she was in the room. He looked around the room.

"Where are you?" he asked, in a loud voice once again.

"Who are you?" she asked back.

Feeling self-conscious, he bowed down to the throne chairs, feeling like she will be sitting there. "My name is Jung Yonghwa, the second in throne of the Underworld." he introduced himself.

He heard a sigh of relief. Not long after, a woman appeared from behind the throne chair, carefully walking to her seat with a certain charisma surrounding her. "You're really good looking." was her first sentence.

"Excuse me?" Yonghwa asked, flustered.

Suddenly, a wind went gushing through his surrounding in a lightning speed and suddenly he was being hit repeatitiously by the angel queen.

"How dare you put a baby in my sister's belly without my permission!" she yelled and it's deafening to him. "How dare you kidnapped my pretty and sweet sweet niece!" she hit him again. "Where are they now?!" she asked, worried evident in her voice.

Yonghwa smiled. Oh yeah, family are suppose to care for each other. "You don't look anything like Seohyun except for your round face." he told her.

Mel stopped abruptly, surprised by the ridiculous reply. "What can I say? I look more like my appa and Hyunnie looks like umma. You don't look like Lee Joon either."

"How would you know?"

"Please, I remember the face of the demon who killed both of my parents. Now where are they?!"

"They're safe so stop hitting me!" he told her. Mel backed away a few steps. Yonghwa patted the place she hit and continued. "Seohwa is healthy and is playing happily in the castle. She changed into a demon and her clothes turned all black, nobody knows she's half-angel."

She sighed in relief again for the second time. "Just the negative energy. She'll turn angel again once she comes back, no worries." she said, but mostly to herself, probably for assurance. "And Hyunnie?"

"That's what I came here for." Yonghwa told her. "Seohyun is trapped in a cell charmed by my hyung. I need your help."


Author's Note

tumblr_lzg50hL0pw1r3hzyz.gif

YOU GUYSS!

I was rambling about how nice it will be if I have like 100 subscribers when I post the 12th chapter since I only have like 98 when I posted it.
And now~ It's like 110 already!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUYcgj3nk5W3qyldlHFwT

I love you I love you all! I really really really do!

I was being so emo yesterday lol.
I updated my other story (a Jongkey one) and I was all like;
"blablablablabla .. emo."

So if this chapter sounds a little emo, I wrote that part yesterday. Teehee.

Anyway,
I estimated the progress of this story.
I don't know if this is good or not but this story is so so far away from being finished. T.T
So please keep reading this fic till the end and support me ;)
I love you all!

And hey,
I would love to hear your comments so leave a comment bellow :)

That's for now everybodehh!
xoxo

- KPOPMonstahh