Fifteen

Demonic Love

Lying down next to his daughter in his arm on the bed, Yonghwa tried to close his eyes and think about what happened in the past few months.

In the past few months, each of the best parts from his past came back to him in mere weeks. Firstly, he met an adorable baby angel out of nowhere and started meeting her frequently. Then he found out she's the daughter of his love who left him. Lastly, he found out that the daughter of his love is also his. It's a lot to take for a man. But then again, he is not an ordinary man. He's a demon, a royalty too at that.

And now when everything just seemed brighter, it started to get dark again. Seohyun is now locked up in a cell and Yonghwa can't just let her be like that. Lee Joon has always been a man of his words and if he said he'll drive Seohyun nuts and rule Havenswood, he will eventually. So before he did it, Yonghwa needs to get her out of the dungeon.

It seems so difficult at first. But a few flips of a 400-paged book, Yonghwa found the solution. The question though, is it worth it?

Flashback

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Yonghwa complained as he flipped the pages of the thick book absentmindedly, only reading a word or two of each pages. He stopped at the fifth page and luckily read the word 'lock' and 'off' on it. "Uh .. Is this what we're looking for?" he showed the page to Mel.

The angel queen stood up hastily, kicked her long dress and ran to Yonghwa. She took the book and read it for around a minute or less before patting Yonghwa's back. "Yes! This is it!" she yelled happily. But her eyes didn't leave the page of the book. "But we should probably look for another way. That one is way too dangerous."

Curious, Yonghwa stand up to read it over her shoulder. "How dangerous? Matter of life and death?"

Mel rolled her eyes. "Not really. Just forget it. It's dangerous." she commented, putting the book down on the table before she walked back to her previous seat to read her other books. "Go read another book." she told Yonghwa.

One thing Yonghwa and Seohyun have in common is their stubborn-heads. Once he saw that Mel is occupied with her book, he slowly picked up the previous book and read it.

OF LOCK SPELLS AND REPELLERS

Lock spell is a spell- (Yonghwa doesn't bother to read the part)
.. it is known to be a spell that can only be casted by someone with a high grade and class of magic, a powerful magical creature (angels, demons, wizards and witches, goblins) . Out of 10 magical creatures, only one to two can succesfully enchant the spell.

On to how to remove the spell; next page.

There are only a few ways to remove the lock spell off something or someone. But only three ways are known. The other two ways however, involved a very serious complications as to use more than one spell at once, (Check for more advances in the last page)

One way to easily remove lock spells, is to put it on another person, with one condition, if the person is willing to do so. Usually, to officially announce it to the spell-caster, the replacement will present the curser with his/her heart (a vital organ which isn't something that even a magical creature can get back once it was gone).

(more in the next page)

End of Flashback

It all become clear as he reads it. One question lingers in his mind: Is Seohyun worthy enough of his heart? Will he sacrifice his life just for her?

 

Grinning proudly that he found her, Yonghwa tip-toed slowly near to the beautiful angel who's playing all by herself, talking to the flowers around her as if they'll answer her. He squatted down and pick the flower she's talking with off its roots.

"Hey!" the angel yelled, her face showing pure shock. "You can't just picked the flowers all you want! They're living creatures! Have a heart!"

"Can't you see I'm a demon?" he pointed obviously to his expensive looking black clothes. "Plus, I am the demon's prince. So of course I can pick the flowers all I want."

The angel stood up. She stands out even more when she does; even when standing around the flower field in Sky Institute's green house. "You can't do that! Being a prince doesn't mean you get to pick the flowers we all planted as you want."

"Is it okay if I pick it to impress a beautiful angel?" Yonghwa stand up, putting the flowers behind the angel's ear shamelessly cheesy.

Holding the flower on her ear, she looked down, avoiding the demon's gaze. As her sister always says, no boys will hand you flowers if they only want to be 'friends'. "I'm fourteen. It's not time for me to date." she refused before Yonghwa ask her out.

"Oh it's fine! I'm sixteen! Let's go slow, shall we? Jung Yonghwa." he replied with a jester smile plastered on his face.

Yup, she was surprised by his reply. "Seo Joohyun."

 

 

"Hyun-ah~ We're finally alone! Play with me."

"I hate you! Go away! You're distracting me from my studies!" she complained, not even looking to the demon who disturbs her every chance he got.

"But you're my girlfriend! We rarely got time alone for ourselves! Why aren't we using this moment to .. you know .." the demon made a kissy face.

All he got as a reply is a thick dusty book kissing him back. "Ew! I am not your girlfriend! You're the one following me everyday everywhere. I told you I'm not interested in you! No angels date demons!"

Yonghwa pouted. "Please Hyun, usually couples went over the 'awkward-in-denial-state' after 2 years. You can stop denying that we're dating now! Won't it be awesome if you're the first angel to date a demon?"

"We. Are. Not. Dating!" the sixteen years old angel groaned. "If we are, I wouldn't want to date in a dusty library of my school's!"

The demon's eyes widen. "You don't want to date in the school's library right? Kay. Then I'll wait you in the park tomorrow at 11 AM." he stole a kiss on the angel's cheek (making her flustered) before sprinting out of the library in a scary speed, leaving Seohyun no chance to argue.

Only slightly, Seohyun smiled.

 

 

"You're dressed too thin." Seohyun commented as she took off her scarf off her neck and put it around Yonghwa's.

What she said is true. The weather is really cold that day. For some reason, the wind decided to blow strongly that day, the cold forcing everyone to wear thick clothes if they don't want to shiver each seconds they go out.

However, none of those matter to Yonghwa. He almost yelled out and jump everywhere possible. It surprised him to no end that he suddenly has trouble breathing. "Y-you came, Hyun."

"Of course I do. It's an important day." Seohyun said, sitting next to Yonghwa on the park bench.

"Our first date is an important day?" Yonghwa asked, touched.

"Not that." Seohyun replied, making Yonghwa pout. The angel took out a small sized cake out of the basket she brought. "It's your birthday, choding-ah."

He is never one to remembers birthdays. None of the 'special days' are celebrated in Underworld. Not even his birthday. He himself doesn't even remember that today is his birthday. "It's my birthday?"

Seohyun watches as the demon asked her, true curiosity written on his face, his eyes slowly moistening with fresh tears as he waits for her answer. "You're the first demon I've known that has a heart. Even if it's small. You deserve to at least celebrate your birthday." she smiled sweetly at him. "Happy birthday, Yong."

His happiness can't no longer be held back. He pulled Seohyun into a bone crushing hug that shocked her to no end. "Thank you." he smiled into her neck. "Thank you so much."

That day is the first time Yonghwa understands why people love birthdays.
Because their loved ones would be there and celebrate with them.

"Wait a sec-" Yonghwa pulled away, smirking demonicly. "Did you just give me a nickname?"

Seohyun cursed herself.

 

 

"Give me three reasons why I can't ever be your boyfriend!" the demon folded his hands in front of his chest.

Looking up from the book she was reading to the boy who's sitting on the grass next to her as they leaned on the big tree. "That's easy. One, your brother killed my mother. Two, my sister told me to stay away from demons. Three, you're a demon!"

"None of those are my fault!" he pouted. "What can I do so you can be my girlfriend?"

The angel has to fight herself. One side of her said she has to keep away from him. But one side of her keeps rambling about how handsome, cute, and adorable the demon is. She needs to put on a straight face. Build up a facade. She needs to be very unreasonable. Maybe then he'll realize that she's too burdensome.

"You have to climb to the top of this tree." she said. The tree is around 120 feet tall. Well, it's 100 century old by then.

She returned to her book, hearing the demon sigh before his footsteps slowly fade. It disappoint her a little bit that he would just give up like that. But she covered her disappoinment anyway.

Around two hours later, the demon came back and yelled for her. Annoyed that he disturbed her once again, she put her book down roughly. "WHAT?!" she yelled as she looked around for him. There's no sign of him.

"UP HEREE!" he yelled. Seohyun nearly fainted when she saw the stupid daredevil demon is already up on the tree. "SEE?! I WANT TO BE YOUR BOYFRIEND THIS BADLY!"

What a loser! Seohyun gasped. It's just impossible. "You used your wings didn't you?!"

"KIND OF! BUT I MOSTLY CLIMBED!"

"YOU CHEATED! IT DOESN'T COUNT!" Seohyun yelled angrily. She stomped away from her seat, going back to the school's building, ignoring the demon's calls for her. But one thing she can't ignore is a loud thud and a sudden groan.

As she dreaded when she turned around, she saw the demon lying flatly on the grass. She gasped, running back to him, tears in her eyes.

"Yong?" her heartbeat sped up in panic when she saw his closed eyelids. She slowly lifted his head up to her lap. "Yong?" she kept calling his name as she shook him. His face is slowly getting wet from her tears. "Yong! Yong! Wake up! Please! What am I gonna do if you die? Yongg~"

Right on time, the demon peeked from his closed eyelids, opening them slightly. "H-hyun, c-can I b-be youwr b-bwoyf-friend?"

Seohyun cried harder. She nodded frantically, almost violently as she hugs the demon's head. "Y-yes! Just don't die! Please!"

"I can? Oh then I'm fine, healthy, and will live for a long time!" the demon cheered, jumping up from her arms. Staring at him with her brown doe eyes is the angel. Yonghwa smiled and stuck his tongue out. "Mehrong~"

How dare he! Seohyun stood up, wiped her tears roughly before she stomped away loudly, clearly mad. Yonghwa can only laugh at her cute antics.

"Girlfriend, where are you going~?"

"I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" she yelled back, not looking at him at all as they both walk back to Sky Institute, Seohyun walking 40 steps ahead of the happy demon.

 

 

"You know," a y demon lady leaned back on his locker. "I'll be graduating in a year. After that, I'll be applying as a maid in the Dark Castle so we can, you know. Every night." Juniel stated seductively.

Yonghwa smiled seductively back, as he leaned on another locker. "How many positions can you do?"

"Depends." was her answer. "How many do you want me to do."

"As long as it's you." Yonghwa replied, in a loud whisper that kills the other girls around them straight to the floor. "Though I prefer the wilder position. I'm a bad boy. Arrghh~" he teased, his eyes though, directed at the angel watching from behind her lockers. Her face all red as she listens to their flirtings.

Juniel smirked back. "Arrghh to you too." she whispered as her thin fingers trailed on Yonghwa's chest, up to his neck.

"BABY I WAS JUST PLAYING AROUND! OH COME ON!" Juniel stumbled back, surprised when the demon prince decided to walk away from her and run outside the school for a reason. She scoffed at his sudden attitude, leaving for her class.

The demon pulled the angel by her wrist to stop her from running further. "Are you crying?!" he asked, shocked that he went too far. He pulled her into his arms and embrace her, his arms snaking around her waist. He kissed the top of her head, whispering how much he loves her.

Seohyun snapped. "How could you say those when you know I'm watching?!"

"I was testing how jealous you can be." Yonghwa hugged her tighter. "I'm sorry. I thought you'd just tell me how you don't care and-"

"Well I do care!" she cried into his chest. "How do you feel if your boyfriend walk around, flirting, talking to other girls about ?"

He didn't hear anything else after the word 'boyfriend'. He pulled away from her, his big hands around her small face, wiping her tears off, he leaned closer to her, kissing her full on her lips for the first time ever, enjoying the feeling of her kissing back after she got over her shock.

They pulled away after what felt like an eternity. "Listen," Yonghwa said although still out of breath. "I was just playing around when I met you at first. But then, knowing how amazing you are, I just .. You made me crazy! I fell for you hard! Every single thing you do. I can't explain it. The reason I tease you a lot is so I can see your reactions."

"Yong-"

"I love you and only you. I don't care about the fact that we're different! So if you think I would go around and ask for from other girls, you're dead wrong, baby." he grinned, brushing his nose with hers as she closed her eyes. "So, be my girlfriend?"

"I love you too."

 

 

"Where are you going after you graduated? What are your plans?" Yonghwa asked as they are lying together on the green green grass of the nearby park at midnight, just holding hands and admiring the beautiful sky.

"I guess," she started. "like you, I'll be in charge of my kingdom. I'll be a queen soon, together with Mel unnie. I'll be a great one which will bring happiness all over Havenwoods." she smiled.

Yonghwa turned his head to the angel next to him. "You don't plan to run away with me?"

Seohyun turned her head to face the demon. "What are you on about?"

The demon sat up straight. "I want to run away with you. Let's not live here in the angels and demons' territory anymore. I don't care where. Let's run away to the human world, or the fairies' meadow, or go to the rainbow whatsoever."

"Yong." Seohyun sat up to be on the same level as him. "You and I, we're both rulers. We can't just run away from our duties."

"Stop that crap!" Yonghwa snapped. "Duties whatsoever. Your unnie is a smartass, isn't she? Joon hyung will do fine even without me! We can just leave to someplace where I won't feel paranoid about a demon attacking you after they saw us holding hands. Somewhere we can show our love to the world." he told her. "I love you."

Feeling his warmth all over her, she smiled. "I love you too." she figured that maybe Yonghwa has been stressed lately. She wants to comfort him, and thus, she plays along. "Where do you think is best?"

"Fairies' meadow sounds best. We'll live in a house made from teacups," he started making Seohyun giggle in ridicule. "Then we'll bath in pixie dust and fly around freely.We'll have a picnic each sunny days under the beautiful blue sky. We'll hold each other when sunset comes and watch it together." he sighed, imagining the fairy tale. "Then we'll cook dinner together once we get home. Probably eat it together with baby Jung and girl baby Jung."

Seohyun's face reddened at the mention of babies. "You want two kids?"

He can't control himself any longer as he rolled himself ontop of Seohyun's body. "Hyun-ah, I don't think I can hold back anymore. I just want to make sure you're mine. I- I love you and all. I d-don't want to force you into it, but I- I just- I uhm- do you want to go back to my place?"

"Yong, I think we should go home now." she smiled apologetically.

Yonghwa awkwardly got off of her, scratching the back of his head. "O-of course. What was I thinking." he laughed awkwardly. "Get home safely."

"I'm sorry, oppa."

 

 

"!" he yelled, throwing some of the chairs to the wall, smashing them.

"Yong." Seohyun called, restraining the older boy with all the strength she has. The demon has practically spent half an hour 're-arranging' the classroom. "Calm down! Nothing happened."

The demon turned around, his eyes showing how furious he is. It scared Seohyun a little bit. "Nothing?! Hyun! Someone basically told my brother that we have a thing going on! It's big, Hyun! Joon hyung will totally be on my tail for a while!" he said, throwing another chair, this time to the window, smashing both items to pieces.

Seohyun slowly pat the demon's back. "Stop it! You're scaring me!" she yelled. "You're yelling at me on my graduation day!"

He finally stopped and turned around to comfort the angel who practically cried for him to stop. He realized that he must have been out of control. "I'm sorry, Hyun." he apologized. "But it just saddened me, you know? Cause now it means we can't see each other for a while to avoid suspiscions."

After hearing his reasons, she nodded. She too is very sad that they have to part for a while if they want no one to discover them. King/queen or not, an angel dating a demon is highly disliked.

"What am I going to do if I miss you then?" Yonghwa whined.

It may have been a sudden nature disaster that hit her. Yonghwa slowly noticed as Seohyun's gaze got sharper and sharper. She closed the gap between their body, her slim fingers slowly caressing Yonghwa's neck as she leaned in to whisper. "Yong-ah. I think it's the right time to do it."

The comment made the demon flustered. "What are you talking about?"

Her fingers walked down slowly to Yonghwa's chest, sending him shiver down to the spine. "We may not be able to meet for a while. So let's make a memory tonight. A strong one. Something that will still remind us of each other's presence even after months."

"Hyun, I don't think this is the right time."

"Really? The bulge in your pants says otherwise." she teased. Yonghwa reddened at the sight of his big boy.

Screaming in frustration for losing the mental battle, Yonghwa gripped the angel and pinned her down to the floor, making her gasped at the sudden move. "Seo Joohyun you naughty naughty girl." he smirked as he slowly open each buttons off Seohyun's clothes.

Pinned to the floor, she smirked back. "You said it's not the right time?"

Yonghwa removed his pants. "Well, Yong junior said otherwise. You good."

 

 

"THE ARE YOU DOING TO MY BROTHER?!"

Lee Joon yelled just as he kicked the door to Yonghwa's bedroom to find a angel under his brother. He won't be mad if his brother is just happily sleeping around. But the fact that it's an angel just made him furious.

Yonghwa jumped out of the bed as Seohyun pull her skirt up under the bedcover. "Hyung, I can explain, please don't do anything stupid."

Too late. Lee Joon take out his sword, the deadliest weapon ever known, the sword of myth and aim it up to Yonghwa's throat. "Don't tell me what to do! I'm going to kill that little of yours!"

To defend himself, Yonghwa stepped back and pull out his own sword. "Seohyun is not a ! I love her, hyung! I just need you to accept that!"

The demon king's eyes widen. "Seohyun?! As in the angels' queen?!" he yelled again in frustration. "How could you betray me, Yonghwa?!"

"Trust me, hyung! Angels are not up to take over Underworld! You can keep our kingdom as it is. I'll go with her. Away. To some place you won't have to see me."

No, the demon king wasn't listening. He started aiming at Seohyun, cursing at her, throwing spells everywhere as the angel who's now fully clothed run around the room, throwing spells back as to defend herself.

A spell almost managed to hit her as the angel queen made her way to the door out. Yonghwa covered her from the spell, resulting he himself to bleed as his leg was slashed. He cursed and groaned in pain, but still yell for Seohyun to get out of there soon.

Seohyun shed tears as she looked at Yonghwa apollogetically with her brown eyes before she ran out of the castle, yelling to him that she'll get back to him. That yelling itself is enough for Yonghwa to smile in his pain, endure all the harsh physical scolding from his brother. Enough for him to keep sane during the days he's locked in.

 

 

But then she betrayed him, hid his daughter away from him.
Is she still worth it?

Seohwa shifted in her sleep, her small fist hitting Yonghwa's face, making him chuckle silently. Drool raining down her small mouth, sand in the corner of her eyes. She's the most beautiful thing he can ever have. She makes him feel needed, loved, and worth living for. Who gave Yonghwa that adorable bundle?

God gave him her. She was given to him as a constant reminder for his strong love for the angel queen.
And for keeping and taking care of his baby girl, even knowing the risks, he owes the angel a lot.

So of course, she is worth his heart. After all, Seohyun is his life.


Author's Note

Even the fluff is a little bit angsty right? lol I'm a bad bad author

I recently find out I can be good fluff writer too when I was writing my other fic.
But it turns out, that this fic is a dark one no matter how fluffy some words I used.

Finished the final plot of the story.
What do you guys think?
Will it be a happy ending? Or a sad one?

...

MWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

2csdjkm.jpg

Gimme your love and subscribe babehh~
Leave your comments bellow too!

This demonic author is out!

 

- KPOPMonstahh