Ch 1: Or good luck

A Touch of FeiT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter One Or good luck

 

 

Fei fidgeted with her phone as she tried to think of what she could possibly say to her boyfriend that would make him understand how she could have forgotten about their planned date.  Much less understand how she up and left Korea to Japan with her group and their manager in an impromptu trip that had nothing to do with official schedules.  

Suzy won packaged deal tickets with accommodations from one of her promotions, and it was too good to pass up.  Part of that package included VIP passes to one of Big Bang’s sold out concerts.  

Fei was currently sitting in the VIP lounge, nervously chewing on her bottom lip as she continued to stare down at her boyfriends’ texts.  The concert just ended a few minutes ago, and it was such a good show that she neglected to check her phone until now.

Suzy had wandered off with the two fans Jia and Min had exchanged backstage passes with.  Jia and Min had preferred being in the general crowd, or as Suzy called it, ‘the fun VIP section.’  Not that Fei blamed them from running away and experiencing the concert the way it ought to be.  She herself had wished she was with them instead of this more formal setting.  

Everyone at the VIP section either spoke Japanese or English.  They were all dressed to kill, with the overwhelming majority being young women in their early twenties.  She wasn’t alone in wanting to leave this section during the concert though, Suzy complaint throughout the entire show about wanting to go down to Jia and Min.

Fei, Suzy, and the two fans who exchanged tickets with Jia and Min, looked so out of place with their casual clothes in the VIP sections, that they’ve been mistaken for waitresses and staff members.  The only time someone outside of their little group spoke to them was to give them drink orders.  She thought that them wearing fan made t-shirts with Taeyang’s face on it was enough of an indications they were here for the concert, but apparently not.  

Unfortunately they were stuck at the VIP section because of Suzy.  She was undoubtedly the most recognizable of the four girls in their group miss A, and having her in the general area would draw unnecessary attention.  Attention to why a girl with such a busy schedule would find time to come to Japan, where we’ve never promoted at as a group, just for a concert.

The buzz of the phone in Fei’s hand pulled her attention back to her phone.  How could she have forgotten their 100 day anniversary?

Well their second 100 day anniversary.  On their actual anniversary she waited for him at the place they first met for over two hours before he called and told her he was busy with one of his scheduled activities, and wouldn’t be able to make it.

They had agreed on another date to celebrate, and she’s convinced she’s the worst girlfriend ever for forgetting it.  A simple apology would not be enough.  She feels so guilty, because the truth of the matter is, she was so excited to come to Japan for different reasons that she completely forgot about him.  

She knew it couldn't be a good sign that she forgot her own boyfriend, and such an important date.  She couldn't help wondering if there was something wrong with her.  No wonder she can't seem to make any of her relationships work.

She hesitantly opened up the latest message he just sent.  

SpecialFriend:  Where are you?  I’m waiting where we first met.

Fei knew that there was nothing that she could say that’d make this situation any better.  The only thing left to do is to call him and apologize like there’s no tomorrow.  She made her way out of the VIP section in search for an area where she can grovel in private, because she had a feeling that she might be getting dumped.

As she wandered down close by the backstage area, she noticed Min walking toward her.  When the younger girl didn’t look up as they got closer to one another, Fei called out.

“Minyoungie.”  Min looked up at her in surprise.  “You don’t look well.  Are you okay?”  Fei asked as she carefully watched the smaller girl’s face.

“I... I’m fine Unnie.  I’m just going to go back to the hotel.  Jia has my phone, so can you let them know that I went back to the hotel so they won’t worry?”  Fei continued to watch her carefully as she reached out and wrapped her arms around her.

“Give me a few minutes.  I’ll collect Suzy and we can all go back together.”

“No, it’s okay Unnie.  Stay and have fun.  I think I’ll be fine after I take a nap.”  

Fei wasn’t fooled by Min’s weak attempt at looking and sounding chipper.  There was definitely something bothering Min, but Fei knew this wasn’t the place for discussions.  Out of habit though, she reached out and placed the back of her hand on Min’s forehead and checked her temperature.  When she found the surface cool she let out a relieved sigh.   

“Did you and Jia fight?”  She asked and Min shook her head.  “Are you going to be okay going back alone?”  When Min nodded, Fei gave her another hug.  “I’ll come check up on you when we get back to the hotel.”

As she watched Min quickly make her way out of sight, she picked up her phone and called Suzy.  She couldn’t leave without Suzy.  Jia would find her own way back to the hotel, but not Suzy.  There were too many risks to consider when it comes to their maknae.  

“Unnie,” came Suzy’s greeting.  “I’m going to go get us a taxi.”

“Thank you.  I’ll be there soon.”

“I’ll meet you in the front in fifteen minutes.”

“Okay.  Who are you with right now?”

“I’m with Seungri Oppa.”

“Okay,” Fei said before she hung up.  At least she wasn’t alone.

Fifteen minutes was plenty of time for her to call her boyfriend before she makes her way to meet Suzy.  Resuming her search for a private area to make her call, she found herself walking down a quiet hall without much foot traffic.  She cautiously knocked and tried doors, careful that she wouldn’t end up going into someone’s dressing room.  An embarrassing mistake she’d made before.   

Four doors down the hallway, she found an unmarked door.  After knocking, she waited a few seconds before she tried the handle.  The door opened and she took in the large and dimly lit room before her.  

She hesitated at the door and wondered if it was really wise to be alone in such a creepy looking room.  She didn’t have much time to wonder when the sound of running footsteps approaching her direction in the hall prompted her to step in and tightly shut the door behind her.  

Sticking close to the door, she took out her phone and dialed her boyfriend’s number, secretly hoping that it would go directly to the voice mail.

He answered on the second ring.  “Hey honey, where are you?”

“I, uh,” Fei stammered, “I’m so sorry.  I’m in Japan.”  She nervously bit down on her bottom lip and waited for his response.  He was quiet for a long while before he let out an impatient sigh.

“You forgot about our anniversary didn’t you?”  He accused.  

“I’m so sorry,” she immediately apologized.

“Did Jia and Min say anything to you?”  He strangely asked.

“What do you mean?”

Another impatient sigh came through the receiver before he ranted, “Is this your way of paying me back for kissing that fan?  I was drunk Fei.  Did they tell you that as well?  You made me think everything was okay all this time and then pulled this didn’t you?”  Fei furrowed her brow in genuine confusion, because she had no idea what he was talking about.  “You should have said something before instead of waiting until I came here and waited for you like a fool.  I never knew you were so vindictive.”

“What are you talki—“ Fei tried to ask, but he talked over her.

“This is Jia’s bull isn’t it?  I told you she doesn’t like me.  Who are you going to believe?  You know I love you babe.  You know she’s just jealous.”  Fei frowned as she tried to keep up with his rants.  She knew that Jia and Min didn’t like him, but what did that have to do with him kissing another girl? “It was a drunken night at a club and it happened once babe.”

“You kissed another girl?”  Fei slowly asked.

He finally understood her confusion because he went quiet before saying, “I, uh… You didn’t know?”

“When did this happen?”  Fei asked.  He cleared his throat and Fei’s mouth dropped open as she thought of the day when Min began not liking him.  “Is this why you missed our actual anniversary?”  She asked in disbelief.  Jia had never liked him, but Min began not liking him the day after their 100th day anniversary.  The same day Fei waited for him and he never showed up.  

“You know what?”  He suddenly said.  “I’m done with this.  I don’t need this stress.  It’s over.”

“You… you’re dumping me?”  What the heck?!  Shouldn’t she be the one dumping him after what she just found out?

“Yeah, I am.  Maybe if you paid more attention to me, instead of whatever it is you do all the time that keeps you constantly late for our meet-ups, I’d have never kissed another girl.”  Fei blinked in surprise at his accusation.  She couldn’t believe he was blaming her for his cheating.  What the heck?!

“Oh jeez, don’t bring on the tears,” he continued.  Obviously he’d mistaken her stunned silence for her crying.  “You know what?  Don’t cry.  I’ll give you another chance babe.”  Is he serious right now?  Fei took a deep breath as she reached up and massaged her temple.

“You’re not worth my tears,” she found herself saying out loud.  She knew by his silence that he was surprised by her strong words.  She doesn’t blame him.  She was a bit surprised herself, but now that she heard it, she knew the words to be true.  No man that’d cheat is worth crying over.

“You can dump me but don’t think that I’d waste a tear on you,” she continued calmly.  “You left me waiting for you on our actual anniversary while you were at a club kissing another girl.  Then you have the audacity to blame me for your indiscretion.”  She surprised herself yet again when laughter bubbled out of her.  “Why would I cry over you?”  She couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation.

“What’s wrong with you?”  He asked and she continued laughing at the surprise in his voice.

“Someone once told me that I should never cry over someone who doesn’t deserve to see me smile.  You’re in that category.”  She told him, and he scoffed.  It didn’t matter though, because she felt better after saying those words.   “Thanks for offering me a second chance, but I’m going to decline.  G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter