grocery shopping and tomatoes

In Need

it was obvious how the last chapter was rushed

and is the story going too fast? DDD;

anyways this is for u guys bcuz ur awesome! :>


 

It was obvious to Luhan that Sehun has never grocery shopped before.

EVER.

From the time they got out of the house, Sehun's business driven mind became reduced into a confused toddler's at the fact that they're only gonna walk towards the supermarket.

 

"But, we have a car," Sehun pointed out, referring to the car by the garage as emphasis.

Luhan stared at him dumbfoundedly. "The supermarket is stationed right beside the executive village. A little walk wouldn't hurt."

"Walk?" Sehun stared at him as if Luhan just spoke pig language.

"Yes, Sehun. Walk. It's the ability to maneuver your feet from point A to point B in a relaxed state. It's the warm-up you do in a treadmill before going in a full-out running work out," Luhan replied calmly, smirking lightly at the frown on Sehun's face before it settled on a helpless smile. "I'm just joking. C'mon."

 

"It's a good thing Baekhyun made me wear doll shoes instead of heels," Luhan voiced out, wanting to at least have a small talk with his apparent "husband-to-be". "Have you worn high heels before?"

Sehun scrunched his nose in discomfort. "Once. It was dare that occured during highschool for only ten seconds, but it already hurts."

Luhan smiled, pleased that he can at least make Sehun speak more than two to three words. "I have. Many times now before because I have an evil grandmother who used to send me in her stead to make deals, act pretty and lure the prey."

"You're doing a fairly good job at it too," Sehun commented.

"What?" Luhan looked up, startled, but Sehun remained silent, only looking forward. "Weird," Luhan grumbled under his breath. Must be my imagination.

They walked slowly and leisurely, soaking up as much energy from the sunlight as well as enjoying the breeze, making them relax after a stressful morning. They passed by several houses that got Luhan laughing and taking pictures off but despite being preoccupied with his surroundings, he can't help but be distracted at what Sehun was doing.

He was swinging his arms unconsciously by his side, unaware of how it's driving Luhan crazy because whether he avoids it or not, people that was enjoying the wonderful whether like them outside their homes were staring at them, completely bewildered as they recognized the young but famous business man walking by, but not the "lady" beside him.

Swallowing a bit of his pride, he (tried) casually grabbing Sehun's hand and entwining their fingers together, keeping a careful stare ahead as he felt Sehun turn to look at him.

"What are you doing?" Sehun asked, curiousity and something else lacing in his voice.

"If you want people to start believing we're together, might as well start now, right?" Luhan grinned, missing Sehun's dazzled look at the sudden beaming smile he flashed him as he looked ahead once more. Instead, Sehun chose to say nothing at all, thinking that his voice might betray him if he did.

Luhan hummed quietly as he tried not to get the strange happy feeling get to him at the fact he was holding Sehun's hand. I need someone to slap me fast or I'll start dancing in the middle of the street too. What the hell is happening to me?

They finally got out of ST Village and walked a few more minutes until they reached a small supermarket known to satisfy the needs of its busy and known customers where they could shop at ease, knowing that no media is constantly at their tails.

Sehun trailed after Luhan like a kid, clutching a small bit of fabric from Luhan's shirt after Luhan reluctantly let go of his hand to grab his own basket trolley and start shopping. "Haven't Baekhyun took you out to the market before?"

Sehun shook his head. "It's always him and Chanyeol. Besides, I'm always too busy for that."

"I guess," Luhan commented awkwardly. "But, I mean, don't you get day-offs? You're the boss. Even I get to have a day-off and this is a market firm we're talking about. You're a company. You have a whole board of directors to shoulder your other work for you."

"Let's just talk about this later," Sehun muttered. Luhan pouted. He's starting to get tired of hearing that phrase from Sehun.

On the brighter side, it amused Luhan how out of place Sehun looks anywhere besides his office. He even looks out of place in his own home.

"I guess this really is your first time being here. The people here all looked like they're ready to pop their eyes out," Luhan exclaimed out loud as he started strolling around.

"I noticed," Sehun said as he looked around, curious of anything and everything around the supermarket.

Luhan chuckled. "Of course. Who wouldn't? You're barely out your office, let alone walk around the streets and oh, look! They have tomatoes." Luhan stopped to a stall and grasped to inspect one, seeing just in time as Sehun frowned at the thing before Luhan dropped several of them on the basket trolley.

Does he not like tomatoes? Luhan wondered, deciding to see Sehun's reaction at every food he picks up.

Potatoes. Nod. Broccoli. A small smile. Onions. Frown.

By the end of it, Luhan was ready to squeal and coo at Sehun for every colorful reaction he makes on a face that has long been used to be stoic.

"Ah! Look." He quickly dragged Sehun towards a shelf containing all types of tea.

"Remember the Longjing tea you served me earlier? It contains dried herbs with a higher concentration if there's water poured, making its taste richer and its health stats higher. If you keep it within the teapot long and preserved, it creates a finer taste," Luhan smiled as he placed the jar of dried Longjing leaves back. "But, its quite expensive so lets settle for a simple lemon and ginger tea, okay?"

"You seem to know a lot about tea," Sehun commented.

Luhan laughed. "Well, yeah, I guess. It's part of my studies back when I was still living in China. You don't mind lemon and ginger tea, right?"

"I trust your judgement."

"Good, now lets get honey to pair with it too," Luhan chirped.

"Why?"

Luhan smiled. "It makes the taste sweeter. You'll see."

He starts rolling the basket trolley again before Sehun suddenly grabbed his arm. "What is it?"

"Let me," Sehun said simply before grabbing the basket trolley and began pushing it instead. Luhan stared in bewildernment at Sehun before catching up to him, ignoring the prying eyes of the civilians around them. They got the jar of honey they wanted ( with Luhan making sure it was 100% real honey), before Luhan let Sehun wonder around a bit with a child's wonder on his face  as he followed patiently behind him.

He keeps looking at Luhan whenever he passes by fruit after fruit as if asking Does this taste good? And since Luhan had been in a very good mood because of seeing new sides of Sehun, he complied to point out facts about their taste and how you would know whether or not that they're good quality, also adding goods to the basket like apples and bananas.

Luhan waited patiently once more until Sehun has familiarized enough with his surroundings before they set home when Luhan discovered something about Sehun once again.

"You can't cook?"

"No."

"Not even chop some vegetables?" Luhan pressed.

"I've never done that before."

"What are you, a baby?"

"N-"

"Don't answer that," Luhan shook his head.

And behold, ladies and gentleman, the most powerful man in the world of business and trade not being able to even chop some vegetables. Luhan sighed. "Here," he handed him a knife and the tomato that Sehun expressed his open distaste by scrunching his nose. "Here's how you do it."

Luhan grasped both of Sehun's hand and carefully taught him how to hold the tomato without letting it slip as he tightened his grip on the hand where Sehun's holding the knife and started slicing it thoroughly, ignoring how close Sehun was to him and focusing on the task at hand.

Breathe in, breathe out, Luhan. YOU CAN DO THIS DAMMIT

Soon enough, his own hands were shaking due to how he can practically feel Sehun's breathing against the back of his neck, the way his body molded against his and FOR GOD'S SAKE BE THE MAN THAT YOU ARE, LUHAN!

"Okay, you can do this on your own right?" Luhan laughed nervously, untangling himself from within Sehun's arms. Sehun stared at him for a minute before flashing a small, faint smile that got Luhan momentarily dazed.

"R-right," Luhan shook his head to clear his sense of thinking and began heating the pan.

"What are we planning to cook for dinner with this?" Sehun suddenly asked, never taking his eyes off at the tomato he was slicing until he finished and handed them to Luhan

"Hm? Oh, fried mixed egg and tomatoes with rice," he smiled, cracking some egg into the pan together with the sliced tomatoes. "Simple but heavenly in taste."

"But I don't like tomatoes," Sehun complained quietly.

" it up, you big baby," Luhan smirked. "But fine, I'll add some meatloaf."

Sehun grunted.

"Just go set up the table," Luhan laughed as he put the newly cooked egg and tomato on a plate and put it on the dining table. Sehun followed his order and started scooping up some rice from the rice cooker and soon enough, they were eating.

"You aren't eating the tomato and egg," Luhan commented when he noticed Sehun devouring the meatloaf while leaving the other dish untouched.

Sehun shook his head. "I told you, I don't like tomatoes."

"Why? Is my cooking really that horrible?" Luhan joked. He held up a spoonful of rice and egg tomato. "Say ah~"

He nearly fell of his seat when Sehun actually leaned forward and opened his mouth. He expected for Sehun to just stare at it but here he was, waiting to be spoonfed.

"Hurry up."

Luhan snapped out of his reverie and fed Sehun's waiting mouth. "See? It wasn't so bad."

Sehun nodded, albeit grumbling like a child unwilling to admit his mistake. Luhan giggled, feeling a bit proud that almighty Sehun liked his cooking.

It was Luhan who stood up first after they were done eating. "I'll clean up here, okay? You should watch TV in the living room."

And like the good boy Sehun is, he complied and left Luhan alone to wash the dishes. He hummed as he began wiping the table clean of stains, thinking of what he got himself into and sighing afterwards when he finished drying his hands on a cloth. He proceeded to join Sehun in the living room when he got a pleasant (not so much) surprise when he found Baekhyun and Chanyeol there also.

"You took him grocery shopping?" Chanyeol blurted as soon as he came in.

"There was nothing in the fridge! And the house looks like no one lived here despite Sehun claiming it as six years already!" Luhan protested.

Baekhyun shrugged. "He's mostly in his office anyways. Sleeps on his documents."

"If he ever sleeps at all," Chanyeol added.

Sehun rolled his eyes. "I'm here."

"But, you still hadn't told me why I have to do this fiancee thing," Luhan pouted.

All three of them turned to Sehun, Baekhyun looking specifically ready to breathe fire on his boss. "I told you to tell him, didn't I? If you won't then I-"

"No, I'll tell him," Sehun stood up and took Luhan's hand, startling the elder.

"Sehun?" Luhan asked. Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned to each other with Chanyeol mouthing, Did he just call him by name?

Baekhyun shrugged, looking incredolous himself.

Luhan resisted the urge to scream when he felt something cold and circular was inserted in his ring finger. If only Luhan was girl, he would scream and squeal altogther because it was beautiful. It was simple and there was one singular small but bright diamond in the middle shaped like a star. It was only that time Luhan realized Sehun was wearing an identical one to his as well.

"Before you say anything, let me explain," Sehun started but Luhan barely listened because he was still holding his hand.

"Tomorrow night, the board of directors I'm working with will be staying here for a month, bringing their daughters from different countries for me to choose from as my future wife. I hired you as my fake fiancee because-"

"-you have no plans of marrying yet?" Luhan asked. Sehun nodded, finally letting go of his hand and choosing to take the wig off carefully from Luhan's head without making the hairpins pull his real strands and setting it on the couch before ruffling his hair affectionately and holding his hand once more. "Why?"

"It's not about my age. It's about the fact that I want to marry at my own pace. I want to marry a woman that I know," Sehun sighed.

"But, I'll play as your wife- I mean fiancee. You don't know me. What difference does it make?" Luhan asked, still confused.

"It's just for a month," Sehun added immediately. "Until the board leaves me alone."

"Will they? I mean, a fiancee popping out of nowhere? That's just too obvious!"

It was Baekhyun who spoke up. "Actually, he already informed the board that he, uh, already told the fact that he's engaged to a market firm owner," he said witha sheepish smile.

Luhan's eyes widened. DID I JUST GOT ENGAGED BEFORE I EVEN KNEW IT.

Baekhyun, looking as if he read Luhan's mind, added hastily. "It wasn't necessarily you! I mean, it was just a lie to keep the board off from Sehun's shoulders for a moment but they were getting impatient so we had no choice but to ask for help! Xiumin suggested you so we agreed to meet up!"

"And you're willing to pay me one million won for this?" Luhan said faintly.

"Directly from my account," Sehun nodded, looking down at their hands which were still clasped together.

Luhan's mind was swimming. The plan was too full of doubts and holes. "Yeah, so I get to be your fiancee for a month, the board will leave you alone for a month and in the end, you don't get to choose from the daughters. After that, what? You still get to be wifeless and the board will be furious when they realized you fooled them! I mean, why don't you just get married for real?"

Sehun raised his brow at him. "To whom? You?"

All of Luhan's blood rushed to his cheeks. "Wha- NO! Of course not! To them! To one of the ladies coming tomorrow night! You know, arranged marriages aren't as bad as you think. They're more well-off than I am too."

Sehun looked down. "But I don't want to."

And at that moment, Luhan realized Sehun was hiding something from him, something he had kept to himself for a long time now and Luhan was at a loss for words. "Fine. I'll do it. It's a give and take anyway. But after a month, I get my money, leave and the rest is up to you, okay?"

He dragged Sehun and both of them sat on the sofa. He felt Sehun squeeze his hand and rub the back of his hand soothingly, looking at him directly in the eyes, tension leaving his shoulders. "Thank you."

Then Chanyeol broke the silence. "So, did you like your room?"


 

i really love chanyeol in all the wrong ways.

this is unbeta-ed btw so forgive me for the mistakes ;n;

for my filipino readers: POTAHAMNIDA. KAYO NA NAKAPUNTA NG KCON. KWENTO NAMAN DYAN /CRIES