xiumin, my saviour (not)

In Need

Dear Luhan,

If you're reading this, it means you're awake! Oh of course you are. Silly me~

Well, back to business. I'll leave you now so I could go back to China in order to talk to my lawyer regarding the custody of the market so he could take it back from the bank. I'll be managing it for now while you find yourself a way to pay back that debt of yours. Remember, you're only given SIX months, arrasseo?!!

Good luck dear.

Love,

Grandmama

 

For short, there was in no way his grandmother was giving him back her business. She'd rather burn it to the ground herself than let Luhan handle it any further. "She'll be managing it for now", my . Luhan thought bitterly. It'll take forever to pay off that high amount of debt at six months so he bets that if even by some miracle that he does manage to pay it off, he doubts he'll be able to take back the marketing firm from his grandmama.

This is what he woke up to on his heavenly queen-sized mattress where the sun is already setting.

He thought of everything being a dream at first until he found a glass of water, aspirin and the blasted pink-scented paper where the letter of his grandmother wrote to him as well as the photocopy of his bank transactions that took all of his will power not to rip, incinerate and just destroy its particles of existence altogether.

Like with his debts.

Luhan sighed. This is getting nowhere. Deciding rather somberly that it was time to change out of his pajamas despite the rising of the night, he freshened himself out and changed into a simple t-shirt and jeans. He hurriedly dug his feet in a pair of worn out shoes and got out of his house with his transaction xerox in tow, ready to head to the bank.

Ugh. I should've brought a jacket. Luhan thought as he shivered due to the cool night breezed that passed by as he got out of the house. Hailing a cab, he immediately told the driver to head to the bank where he knows Xiumin is there waiting for him after he sent a text to him during the drive.

Just seeing the building itself made Luhan want to puke and stepping within its premises makes him think like he's a criminal who's every moves are being watched by a hidden camera.

He almost hugged the living daylights out of Xiumin when he saw him but he was behind his desk so he has no choice but to just approach him in a peaceful manner and take a seat at the chair placed for Xiumin's inquirers to sit on. He cleared his throat when Xiumin didn't notice him because he continued on arranging several papers on his desk.

The bun-cheeked friend of his looked up and gasped in surprise before he hugged the living daylights out of Luhan by reaching towards him across his desk, almost climbing on it just to hug Luhan tighter before letting him go completely when Luhan let out a strangled, I can't... breathe.

"Sorry," Xiumin said sheepishly after settling down on his seat, looking around and bowing to onlookers. "It's just that I haven't seen you in a long time then the money thing happened and I-"

Luhan cutted him off before he could say anything more. "I know. And thanks for what you did for me. I really appreciate it. And I mean really."

Xiumin pinked. "Of course, no problem," he chuckled. "That's what friends are for."

Luhan grinned but it soon vanished when he remembered his purpose for coming here. "But that's the thing I want to ask about. The money-"

"-you've been withdrawing, correct?" Xiumin said, immediately turning into business mode. And with that Luhan caught a glimpse of the guy he befriended in during college. Yes, they've been friends for that long. Although they never really got close close, what Luhan likes about their friendship is that they settle into each other easily despite the large amount of time that they haven't been able to contact each other - too busy to start their own lives.

"Yeah because who's been withdrawing my money from the bank to the point the bank itself is forced to lend money because there's none left in my vault?" Luhan hissed, gritting his teeth to avoid lashing out on Xiumin, who did nothing but help him.

Xiumin only looked at him in amusement (probably used to this kind of thing already from different kinds of civilians). "It's always been you, Luhan," Xiumin said warmly.

"What?"

"I said, it's always been you."

Luhan felt an eyebrow twitch. "Are you ing kidding me? First my grandmama, now you? What the hell Xiumin, I'm sorry but I only treat you as a friend. You know when I told you, you were cute back in college didn't mean that you have to take it too seriously and fall for me."

Xiumin rolled his eyes and laughed. "Well aren't you an egoistical bastard? I meant that it's been you yourself that's been doing all the withdrawing and the borrowing, you head. And excuse you, er, I have a boyfriend already named Chen," he added, knowing all the cussing was a usual thing between them already.

"Oh," Luhan blushed. "Oh."

But then reality sank into him again.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What?" he shrieked, earning a few glares from the guards patrolling near by. "Are you lying?"

"Nope," Xiumin emphasized with a 'pop' at the last syllable.

"No, you're lying. You're all liars lying to poor Lulu."

"Oh, Luhan, enough with the sympathizing yourself ," Xiumin groaned.

"But how did that happen?" Luhan whined. "That's impossible! How can I do that without noticing?"

Xiumin sighed. He sat up more straight and calmly woving his hands together and stared directly at Luhan's doe eyes that he's always admired. "Okay, first things first, how do you withdraw youy money? Is it personally through an accountant, a withdrawal machine, through gadget, or you have a banker I'm not aware of?"

"Mom taught me never to trust people with my money earned so I never really hired a banker despite the volunterees," Luhan began. "At first, I use a withdrawal machine but then I was offered a promo by this bank so I subscribed and relied on gadget instead. I use my money load to pay off my credit card and bills."

Xiumin nodded. "That explains it."

"What about it? What do you mean?" Luhan pressed.

"You're mom told you not to trust people with your money, right?" Xiumin asked. Luhan nodded. "Well, she's right. And I advice that's it's better if you settle to a withdrawal machine more because at least they show you the amount still stored in your vault. Your big mistake is relying on gadget. You use your mobile, correct?"

Luhan nodded again.

"Sometimes, it's bad to rely too much on people but what's more bad is relying in gadgets. It's like in USBs. You store things there - many things like a digital diary, precious pictures, and etc. We have to admit, our mobile banking app still has its flaws and sometimes, it messes up with the customer's amount of money."

Luhan's eyes lit up and sparkled. "So it's the bank's fault? I could demand a law suite and-"

"Wait, I'm not finished yet, idiot," Xiumin snapped and Luhan pouted in response. "Show me your photocopy of transactions."

Grumbling quietly about burnt buns, Luhan handed Xiumin his slightly wrinkled document and sat back to watch Xiumin's eyes skim professionally through the dizzy array of numbers and letter codes that leads down to a total of a million won debt - much to Luhan's displeasure and chagrin.

He watched as Xiumin place the paper on his desk before rummaging something in a drawer he pulled only to take out a pen. He began writing something on the paper that Luhan can't identify what.

Without lifting his eyes from the paper, Xiumin tapped his pen on his lips, eyes furrowed in effort to calculate the numbers in his head. "Luhan, when and why did you start withdrawing your money."

Confused by the question, Luhan merely answered what he knows through what his prodogenic mind could remember, meaning, everything. "Uh, October 13, 2012. It was because I needed more money in order to purchase some goods that I prioritized to earn better stocks in my market."

"And I figure you resolved to do it to all of your good then?"

"Yeah. You knew that I've always been the type to balance things out. It's always nothing more and nothing less with me, remember?"

"Yeah, and you know how that saying has flaws the way people's minds always are," Xiumin commented wryly. "And you did this withdrawing thing all through your mobile?"

Luhan nodded. "I didn't have time to stop by the bank, you see. I payed my investors by giving asking for their numbers and send it to them through mobile load so they could convert it to money."

"Luhan, our mobile app is only supposed to make your life easier. It's only for emergencies. Did you even notice that in our mobile app, they don't show you the amount of money you have left? It's not the bank's fault, Luhan. It's yours. You've been careless because you've been withdrawing money from you account so much that when you had none left, your mobile automated to borrow instead," Xiumin explained and handed back Luhan's copy of transactions.

It has encircles in them of specific dates and money where Luhan's control started slipping and Luhan realized Xiumin was right. He never noticed the difference of the withdrawing machine from the mobile app either. Heck, he didn't even read the terms and conditions of it before buying the app.

And boy was he ed.


 

ahahaha

i tried.

poster's up soon [depends on the shop i subscribed in, i guess]

oh and here guyyys, for u and to all who subscribed so far :>

y motherer ugh

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME AND WELL APPRECIATED > w <

oh and follow me on my twitter account for questions and stuff idk lol

 


 

Hunhannie813 - oh well that's luhan for u. deer has the capability to hit his head with his own hands after all.

see? bless him

gorgeousoo - i hope this is explanation enough huhuhu ; w ;

RaichuLove - luhan's an idiot and OH MUDFG OGD DONT THINK I WOULDNT RECOGNIZE U I HATE U AND HOW U TURN ME TO MUSH WITH UR STORIES AND- hi