Playing Games

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 23 new subbies and also thanks to dana30, Beachee and fufufufu25 for upvoting!! :)

 

“Mmhh.”

Donghae’s eyes shot open at the slightest peek of sunlight. His head was still a little disoriented as he wondered why he was sleeping on a leather couch next to a warm body. It was rather snug and cosy for him, and for a moment he just wanted to close his eyes and go back to sleep.

Suddenly it struck him. Why he was where he was and doing what he was doing. His eyes grew to the size of watermelons and he frantically attampted to scramble off the couch without waking the sleeping man. Unfortunately, his wriggling only caused the unconscious man to hug him even tighter and soon Donghae realized he could not escape the death-embrace without waking up the other. He stilled and shut his eyes in fear, hoping to goodness sake that the elder would just let him go when he finally woke up and found out what happened. Perhaps those blackmailing pictures would come in handy.

Donghae learnt it the hard way to never, ever, trust Yesung’s plans again.

Eunhyuk felt movement and lazily opened his eyes. His head felt like it was splitting in two and groaned, shutting his eyes again and nuzzling his face into the soft flesh of Donghae’s neck, shifting their positions a bit. Donghae tried stifling the urge to just laugh out loud because it tickled him so much (and because now definitely was not the time to be laughing. At all.) But at least their new position granted Donghae a slight chance to escape. He slowly pushed the elder’s face off his shoulders and inched his way to the floor.

Easy does it, now just cautiously remove the long and snaky arms around my waist – perfect. Now gently tumble to the floor and crawl towards the door…

“Creeeeeeak!!!!”

Oh, crap.

Donghae’s heart nearly stopped when the wooden floorboards creaked under him. He threw a panicked look back at the elder, who had obviously woken up from his peaceful slumber. The younger froze in spot, not knowing what to do when Eunhyuk’s pained expression landed on him.

He obviously had a hangover, and a bad one at that, judging from his reaction. Donghae wondered exactly how many bottles of soju had Yesung forced down his system the night before.

Eunhyuk struggled to sit up, groaning as he did so, holding his head in his hands. He couldn’t recognize a single object in the dimly-lit room, and he thought it was because of his woozy head. He shook his head in frustration, regretting immediately when the pain surged through his skull.

“Aaaahhhhh!!!!!”

Donghae wished for the floor to just open up and swallow him. He was pretty sure that the director would want nothing less than his head on a platter, and he didn’t plan to die so young. He had goals to achieve, dreams to fulfil, plans to succeed. Dying right now would interfere with everything. He slowly inched towards the door, praying silently that Eunhyuk wouldn’t notice him and kill him.

Recovering a little from his aching head, Eunhyuk opened his eyes to take in his surroundings once more. Nope, he still could not recognize anything there. He should complain to the taxi service he’d probably taken home for driving him to the wrong address and dumping him there. Perhaps that was why…

Wait… What taxi service???

He remembered locking up his salon and then he met with a gang member from last time… And then he was forced to accept a drinking offer from him to avoid getting beat up… And then he swore he tasted something funny when he took his first sip of soju but he had continued drinking it anyway…

Eyes now wide open, he hurriedly checked himself for any bruises or cuts. He didn’t remember being beaten up or anything, but he was dead drunk last night, plus he was pretty sure that the guy had slipped something into his drink.

Feeling a little relieved upon finding no obvious wounds on himself, he ignored his throbbing head and tried to stand up. Now, he had to find out exactly where he had landed his drunken in. He skimmed his eyes around the badly lit room. He saw the window and thought of escaping through it, but he could barely stick his fist through that tiny window. He gave up on the thought and continued feeling his way around for an exit.

Donghae nearly reached the door. He had seen the man getting up and exploring the attic, so he had snapped out of his daze and reached for the door.

Almost there…

He grabbed the doorknob and gave it a strong twist, but the door didn’t open. Panic flooded him as he came to a realization.

He’d totally forgotten about the dead bolt outside.

Eunhyuk heard the sound of the doorknob twisting. He wasn’t alone. He quickly followed his ears and soon found the source of the sound. Rejoicing mentally, he swiftly turned the knob to escape, but of course the door did not open for him. It was locked, well and truly, from the outside.

He started thinking that perhaps he’d been kidnapped.

Meanwhile, Donghae sensed the older man walking towards the door so he had hurriedly but not so silently run to the other end of the room, succeeding in tripping over a broom and tumbling towards a stack of hairspray.

Craaaashhhhh!!

“Who’s there???” Eunhyuk mustered some courage and spoke out. He turned to the direction of the sound and saw a small huddled form, accompanied with a few small sobs.

“Who are you? Where am I? What am I doing here?” Eunhyuk asked again, louder this time, but still not getting any answers.

Donghae trembled in fear when he saw the elder walking towards him. He was terrified. He leaned over and hugged himself tightly into a smaller form, hoping to make himself invisible.

It took forever for Eunhyuk’s eyes to adjust to the dark, literally. He crouched in front of Donghae and squinted at him, recognition lighting up his eyes immediately.

“You!!!!!” He nearly shrieked and stood up, pointing a finger at the younger, his anger boiling. “What are you doing here and where exactly is this place???”

Tears streamed down Donghae’s face, although it was invisible to the fuming director. Only when Donghae let out an extra loud sob did Eunhyuk realize that he had probably been a little too harsh with his ‘greeting’. Still, he needed answers, and he was going to get them from this crying boy whether he liked it or not.

“P-Please don’t k-kill me…”

“What?”

Eunhyuk couldn’t believe his ears. The boy thought he was going to kill him? Well, he was really mad, and rightly so, but he wouldn’t kill anyone. At least, he hoped so.

He decided a gentler approach would probably help coax a few answers out of the crying Donghae.

“I’m not going to kill you but I want answers. You’re the boy from that competition, aren’t you?”

“Y-yes.”

“Are you in cahoots with the guy I met yesterday?”

“W-what?”

“Never mind that. Where is this place?”

“M-My attic.”

“And what am I doing here right now?”

“You were d-drunk and t-then S-Sungie, he dropped y-you off here…”

“You mean you weren’t trying to kidnap me?”

“No!!” Donghae’s cries only got louder and louder with every question. Eunhyuk decided that it was enough questions for now and decided leaving him for a bit. He got up and walked towards the locked door, trying to figure how to get them out.

“I’m s-sorry, Eunhyuk-sshi.”

Said man turned around, looking a little sceptical. “For what?” He walked towards the only comfortable thing to sit on – the couch, – and patted on the cushion next to him, inviting the younger to join him. Actually, he didn’t really hate the boy. He was just used to putting on a tough and cool demeanour whenever he thought he had competition.

Donghae had calmed down by then and obediently sat next to the elder. He still hated him with a passion but since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter