Confused

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Although Heechul was reluctant to inform Donghae that the idiot director Eunhyuk wanted him back, he faithfully conveyed the message along with a few snides and curses directed at the ‘pompous hypocrite’ who supposedly played around with innocent little boys’ feelings. Donghae couldn’t help laughing at the way Heechul relayed the entire conversation he had with the director, feather boa and all. By the time Heechul was done, Donghae had laughed so much that he was splayed out on the couch, weak with laughter.

“You’re the best, Heechul-imo! I really wished I could have seen his face!”

“Yeah well, can’t have them idiots think my precious baby Hae can be toyed with when almighty imo is around,” Heechul cackled, flinging his feather boa over his shoulder for emphasis. He’d brought out the pink boa earlier to re-enact the scenes he had with Eunhyuk. “But, if you really think of going back there to work, by all means, you have your imo’s blessings.” Heechul enveloped the younger into a big, bone-crushing hug and patted his head. “If anyone bullies you again, just tell me so I can stab them with my stilettos. Deal?”

“Deal,” Donghae grinned, returning the hug. “Thank you.”

 

Donghae decided to get ready for work the next day that evening. He packed some stuff back into his bag from where he’d unpacked when he supposedly got fired a few days ago. When he shuffled his belongings into the bag, a loud metal ‘clank’ was heard under the bed. He bent down to inspect the sound and found Hyukjae’s cherry bracelet. He’d totally forgotten about returning it back to the stylist ever since that date at Halmeoni’s. Hyukjae must be missing it.

“Maybe I’ll just run by his place and return it to him…” Donghae thought, slipping the bracelet onto his arm. He grabbed his phone and wallet before telling his dad that he would be going out on an errand.

He caught the bus to Eunhyuk’s apartment, remembering that the director once told him that he lived together with his twin. On the way in, he brushed against someone and the bracelet on his wrist caught on the other’s sleeve before falling to the floor with another loud ‘clank’. Donghae exclaimed in horror and quickly knelt down to pick up the jewellery, hoping that the bracelet didn’t crack when it came into contact with the hard marble floor.

The person Donghae knocked into stopped to apologise, but stopped before the words left his lips as soon as he saw the bracelet on the floor. Donghae was cradling the bracelet in his palms like a precious pearl, totally ignoring the stranger he’d bumped into. The stranger cast Donghae a hard look before walking off without an apology.

Donghae was slightly irked that the other hadn’t apologised or at least stayed to accept his apology. He only saw how the stranger looked like vaguely. Sighing softly, Donghae got back up on his feet and walked to the elevators. The bracelet didn’t crack or tarnish like he feared, but now he was taking extreme good care of the silver jewellery.

 

* * *

 

Donghae rang the doorbell a couple of times. After the fifth try, he was about to give up and maybe come back another time, but the door opened suddenly after that, startling Donghae.

It was the stranger he’d bumped into at the lobby.

“Err… am I at the wrong place? Does Hyukjae-ssi live here?” Donghae asked, holding the bracelet preciously in his palms. “May I see him?”

“Hyukjae doesn’t live here. Not anymore,” the stranger replied. “Who are you and why are you holding my bracelet?”

“Your bracelet?” the brunette echoed, puzzled. “I don’t understand. Hyukjae lent it to me the other day and I’m just returning it back to him.”

The stranger folded his arms and frowned. He held out his palm in an outstretched manner, demanding for the bracelet. “This bracelet is mine. I don’t care what you think Hyukjae did but you’re holding my property and I want it back, now.”

Donghae held on to the jewellery and shook his head stubbornly. “No! Hyukjae lent it to me and I’m going to return it back to Hyukjae only! Please let me see him!”

“What’s going on here?”

Donghae felt relieved to see whom he thought was Hyukjae walking towards the door. “Hyukjae-ssi!”

Eunhyuk froze in his steps immediately. “D-Donghae?”

The stranger folded his arms angrily and glared at Eunhyuk. “Care to explain why he’s holding my bracelet in his hands, Hyuk?”

“Hyuk? I thought he’s Jae…” Donghae trailed off lightly, then looked at Eunhyuk. “Hyukjae, may I come in?”

Eunhyuk swallowed a lump in his throat and nodded. “Uhh… sure.” He looked exceedingly uncomfortable when Donghae entered and made himself at home on the living room couch, exclaiming at the expensive furniture that adorned the room from top to bottom. “Donghae, what brings you all the way here?” Eunhyuk asked in a strained voice. “How did you know where I lived?”

“Hmm? Oh, I got your address from Zhoumi. I just wanted to thank your brother for giving me another chance at his salon,” Donghae grinned, then held out his palms to the director, revealing the cherry bracelet within. “Actually, I wanted to return thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter