Broken Hearts

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the freak was that all about?”

Kyuhyun clenched his fists hard and struck the sandbag again, ignoring all of Eunhyuk’s questions. After storming unceremoniously out of the hall, the younger had headed automatically to the gym to blow off some steam. Make that a lot of steam. He was absolutely furious that his wedding had been ruined and so was his relationship with Donghae, because seriously finding out he actually had a kid born out of wedlock who showed up on his wedding day certainly wasn’t the best way to impress anybody, especially Donghae and Hangeng. Now Kyuhyun feared that he wouldn’t even be allowed anywhere near Donghae and the other would certainly keep out of his way now. He didn’t even know how he should present himself when he went back to work the next day. And Eunhyuk following him all the way here right after everything happened certainly didn’t help him think at all, what with the elder shooting him dozens of questions every five minutes, which he ignored the entire time. Kyuhyun only answered the director after probably the twelfth attempt to get him talking.

“Don’t ask me what just happened. Do you think I would have let something like this happen if I knew anything about it? I didn’t even know I had a kid. In fact he probably isn’t even my kid. Sungmin was only playing a joke. That has got to be the best explanation. I just don’t know what to think anymore…”

“But the kid insisted you were his papa. And also there’s that photo. Who’s the girl?”

Kyuhyun let out another growl as he continued punching the bag mercilessly. “My ex. We only tried once because we were curious. We broke up a week after that and haven’t been in contact ever since.”

“So that means the kid could actually be yours. Have you ever thought about it?”

“I don’t freaking know, okay?? My head’s already all messed up thanks to them. I can’t face anybody anymore. I might even quit.”

Exasperated, Eunhyuk gave out a sigh. “Well I’ve done the calculation and all, saving you from massive headache, but it just proves even more that the kid might actually be yours. He does kind of look like you, you know. Maybe you should talk to Sungmin about it. He can’t possibly conjure a kid out of thin air. That’s your best solution,” he sighed, turning around to leave.

“Where are you going?”

“Back. You obviously need some time to yourself.”

“Pfft. I need more than just some time. I might take forever,” Kyuhyun said bitterly, sinking onto the floor in defeat.

“Come one, Kyu. Pull yourself together. Sort things out with Min and then maybe you can start explaining stuff to Donghae. The poor boy probably doesn’t even know what happened.”

Eunhyuk was almost out of the gym when Kyuhyun called him back in a weak voice. “Hyung… do you think he hates me now?”

The director bit his lip. “Do you want me to tell you the truth?”

“N-Not really.”

“Kyu… I’m sure he’ll understand once you try to apologize. He… he loves you.”

Kyuhyun gave his boss a sad smile. “No, not yet. He hasn’t.”

 

* * *

 

The next day, Kyuhyun asked for a day off and Eunhyuk granted him leave. Deciding to take his boss’ advice, he made his way to Sungmin’s apartment and knocked at his door, praying that the model was home and not in the middle of some photoshoot halfway across the country. He knew very well that the supermodel’s schedule was very tightly packed lately, leaving him little breathing space and moreover he had to deal with a seven-year-old kid in his place. Kyuhyun felt a little guilty for yelling at Sungmin the day before, but in his defence he was totally flabbergasted yesterday and didn’t mean half what he said. He then realized that he should probably have just called the model first to see if he was home at seven in the morning, and he slapped himself for not thinking about it earlier.

Luck was on his side, though. The door swung open by three inches a minute later, revealing a rather bedraggled Sungmin behind the door with slight dark circles under his eyes. Kyuhyun greeted him rather awkwardly as Sungmin narrowed his eyes at him before the door slammed shut in his face.

“Min, wait, I came to apologize—”

The door swung open again, but this time it was wide enough for Kyuhyun to come through. The stylist looked at the model in slight confusion when the latter stepped back, obviously telling him to come in.

“I know. I would prefer if you kept your voice lower, though. Mochi only just fell asleep about half an hour ago and I don’t want to wake him up yet.”

“Does that explain the panda face?”

Sungmin scowled at him and barely suppressed a yawn. “Well, are you coming in or not? I’m just about to make some coffee. Don’t you have work today?”

Kyuhyun immediately stopped teasing and stepped into the cosy apartment. “I took today off. You know… family issues.” He scratched his nape uneasily.

Sighing, Sungmin turned to him after locking the door. “Look, I’m sorry for ruining your wedding yesterday. I had absolutely no idea it was you getting hitched, plus you never picked up your phone no matter how many times I tried calling you before. Mochi was getting a little impatient. I really didn’t mean any harm.”

“Aish, maybe it’s a way of destiny telling me I don’t belong with Hae. I think I’m over it already. And about my phone... I lost it nearly a week ago when I went out the other day. I just got myself a new one.”

“No wonder you didn’t pick up. I thought you were ignoring me on purpose,” Sungmin joked lightly, making his way into the kitchen for a much-needed cup of caffeine. “Coffee?”

“Sounds good. I barely ate before coming over.”

“I could make some toast too, if you want,” the model offered. “Pumpkin cookies?”

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded, and a few minutes later they were seated comfortably on the couch, a cup of coffee each on the table along with a dish of toast and cookies. He inhaled the heavenly aroma of the freshly-brewed life drink before taking a savoury sip.

“So, I presume you came over for Mochi, am I right?” Sungmin started. “He’s only just fallen asleep though, and might stay like that until afternoon. I have a schedule later, so can you stay here and bring him back only when he’s woken up?”

“Actually, I wanted to know how he ended up at your place. I mean… I don’t even have any recollection of ever having a son and honestly it was a huge shock to me when he started yelling ‘papa’ at me. I… I’m not even sure if he’s actually mine.”

“Honestly I thought Siwon was joking when he said you were Mochi’s dad but now I do see the resemblance between you two—”

“Did you just say Siwon? As in, Choi Siwon, Siwon?” Kyuhyun asked, nearly burning his tongue on the scalding liquid when he gulped it down a little too quickly. “The Choi Siwon?? He was here?”

Sungmin widened his eyes and nodded furiously. “Yes, yes, he did say his surname was Choi. And he mentioned something about being your godfather too…?”

Kyuhyun nearly jumped up in rage. “I knew it!! He was just trying to get between Hae and I!! He was using that kid as one of his stupid evil schemes to get back at me!!”

“Shh!! You’re going to wake Mochi up!!” he shushed the enraged man, when he heard the soft pattering of feet approaching them. A pair of frightened big doe eyes peeked from behind the wall, a little terrified at all the commotion going on.

“Minnie hyung…” Henry whimpered, rubbing his knuckles against his sleep-induced eyes. “Mochi can’t sleep…”

Sending the sheepish-looking Kyuhyun a glare, Sungmin walked over to hoist the boy onto his waist, gently patting on his back until Henry’s eyes fluttered close again. He brought the boy into his bedroom and tucked him in again, giving his forehead a kiss while gently his head. Henry soon drifted off again with his nose buried in his chipmunk plushies. After ensuring the boy was asleep, he turned around to see Kyuhyun standing at his door with a guilty look on his face.

“I’m sorry, Min.”

“Look here, you can deny being Mochi’s father all you want, but honestly I don’t know how I’m going to juggle between my schedules and looking after him like this. I’m supposed to fly to Japan next week and I’m pretty sure I won’t be allowed to bring him along, as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter