Chapter One

The New World

 

 

Chapter One

❝The Beginning.

[1] Pabo = Idiot, stupid

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was a Sunday when I had been called up to the President's office. I remember the day clearly, because it was only yesterday when I had came into his home, his hell…

 

"Sica!" I heard a familiar voice running up to me as I walked.

 

"What?" I turned around to face the young man I called my best friend.

 

"I'm bored," Lu Han grinned and slung an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer.

 

"And you came all the way out here just to tell me that?" I rolled my eyes, slapping his hand away when he ruffled my hair. He chuckled, "Of course not, Sica. I actually have an… important message for you." I looked up and saw that his playful grinned had disappeared and in its place was a serious expression, almost grim. Immediately, I knew something was wrong. Lu Han always had a smirk or a grin on his milky white skin.

 

"What is it?" I asked, fearing for the worst until I saw the same playful grin he had on earlier.

 

"Ha!" he laughed, pulling away from me. "You totally fell for that!" The fear on my face was replaced with irritation as I punched his arm. "You jerk!" I started to walk away until he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, still laughing.

 

"No, seriously," he forced himself to stop laughing. "I really do have a message." I gave him a look.

 

"Lu Han, I really don't have time for this."

 

"But it's really important," he stressed out 'really'. "President SooMan wants to see you." At the sound of the President's name, I cringed. I never liked the man, from his creepy smile to his deadly eyes. He always seemed too human like to me, with uneven teeth and the crinkles that came to his eyes when he smiled. 

 

"Him?" Lu Han knew I didn't like the president. He didn't either, but he had worst luck than me because he was the president's personal assistant. "Why?"

 

"Well," he rubbed the back out his neck awkwardly. "I kind of can't tell you."

 

"Come on," I tugged on his sleeve. "Tell me."

 

"I seriously can't!" he said. "I promised not to…" I groaned. How stupid of him. Robots couldn't go against their promise or they would be tortured harshly. Everyone had to follow the SM code.

 

"Pabo[1]!" I flicked his forehead, making him scowl.

 

"Shut up! Now let's go, or else I'll get in trouble," he grabbed my hand and pulled me forward to the company building. "You'll get in trouble."

 

I let him lead me there.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

"President SooMan," I knocked on the door. "Jung Jessica, #22." I heard a buzz and the door unlocked, allowing me to turn the knob and come in. The president was sitting at his desk, looking at me with a smile.

 

"Yes, Sooyeon," he nodded to the seat in front of him. As I took a seat, I noticed someone else sitting on the seat diagonally from me. It was a male. His bright purple hair and neon clothes made him insanely conspicuous from the moody dark room, and my breath hitched when I saw his face. It was carved to perfection. Who made him? But then I saw his neck and my eyes widened in surprise when I realized that there was not a scar where there was suppose to be. Instead, under his chin, there was nothing but smooth skin. He was not a robot, he was human. How did he look so perfect, then? Why did he look so clean and fresh, and why was he in the president's office? President SooMan's next words broke me out of my trance.

 

"I suppose you don't know this man," he said. "But I'm sure you've heard of him."

 

"Nice to meet you," the young man gave a charming smile. He seemed to be my age in human years, maybe a year older. He held out his hand and I placed mine in his cautiously. Even his hand was smooth, not showing of rough skin or callouses. "Byun Baekhyun." My mouth made an 'o' as I realized who he was. I've heard of Byun Baekhyun before. He was an artist, and a well respected human. Someone like him was rare in this world.

 

"Nice to meet you," I shook his hand lightly. "Jung Jessica."

 

"And now that you two have met," President Soo Man interrupted, making us pull away. "I believe we should reveal Sooyeon's surprise." I cringed when he used my real name.

 

"Surprise?" I asked.

 

"Yes," when President smiled, his uneven teeth showed. "I think you'll like it."

 

I loved surprises, but this one came from the president himself and I was sure it wasn't good. I nervously drummed my fingers against my thighs and feared for the worst.

 

"Jung Sooyeon, you are sold to Byun Baekhyun."

  

 

A note from the Author.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello Lovelies! First of all, I only put up a teaser and I already have 30+ subscribers? You guys are amazing. I hope you like this chapter, and I'm sorry if there are any mistakes because I did this is a hurry for you guys. I also have a question for you all:

Should I:

A. Update frequently but the chapters are short and not edited.

B. Update two or three times every week, and the chapters will be regular.

C. Update one or twice every two weeks but the chapters will be long.

If you guys would just comment your suggestions below that'd be awesome. Thanks for reading!

xoxo, baconpanda13