Chapter Three

The New World

"CHAPTER THREE"

 

"Jessica."

 

A groan.

 

"Jessica."

 

A whine.

 

"Jessica!"

 

"What?" Jessica finally opened her eyes and Lu Han's face appeared in front of hers. He was smiling cheerfully and had a weird look in his eyes. "Yah, are you that happy that I'm leaving? What happened to you loving me?"

 

"I still love you!" Lu Han hummed and pulled her up, pushing her into the bathroom. "And I'm not happy you're leaving. Why would you think that?"

 

"Well, you have that stupid smile on your face," Jessica muttered and grabbed her toothbrush, applying toothpaste on it. She looked at Lu Han in the mirror. He still had that dumb smile on his face. "Stop smiling like that. It's creepy."

 

"Sica, don't you remember our conversation last night?" Lu Han chuckled and rested his chin on her shoulder. 

 

"Conversation?" Jessica stopped brushing her teeth and retraced her memories to last night. 

 

"You'll be happy that I'm gone, huh?" Jessica sniffed as Lu Han rubbed her back.

 

"Oh yes," Lu Han smirked. "I won't have to hear your annoying voice anymore — just kidding!" he stopped when Jessica started to tear up again. "I'm just kidding, Sica. You know I love you."

 

"Whatever," Jessica turned away, but Lu Han could see she was holding back a smile. Lu Han chuckled and hugged her from behind.

 

"Sica, can I ask you something?" 

 

"What?" she rested her head against his chest.

 

"When you move to America," he stopped and tightened his grip on her when she stiffened. "Promise me you'll always smile. Even when I'm not there."

 

"Han, what's the point of smiling when you're not happy?" Jessica sighed as he began to rock her back and forth.

 

"But I like when you smile," Lu Han told her. "And when you're not smiling, you look sad. I don't like it when you look sad. So smile and be happy. For me."

 

"Lu Han…" Jessica looked up at the man. He was smiling, but a tear escaped from the corner of his eye. "Alright. I'll smile." she forced a smile on her face, her lips tightening. "But just so you know, I'm not doing this for you, alright? I'm only doing it so people won't ask me why I'm sad all the time."

 

"Sure," Lu Han laughed and Jessica reached up to wipe the tear away. "Just always smile."

 

"Oh," Jessica said slowly. "That conversation."

 

"Yeah, that conversation," Lu Han's smile dropped, but he quickly replaced it with another. "So smile!" he used his fingers to lift the corners of Jessica's mouth up. Jessica rolled her eyes and flicked some of the foam on her toothbrush onto Lu Han's face. He wrinkled his nose and wiped it off, washing his face.

 

"Now go away, I'm brushing my teeth," Jessica scowled.

 

"Remember to smile!" Lu Han grinned at her but obeyed her command, slipping out of the door. After making sure he was completely gone, Jessica allowed herself a small smile.

 

 


 

"So you're finally leaving," Lu Han laughed, but it was awkward and forced.

 

"I guess so," Jessica sniffed, the tears rushing back.

 

"Don't cry," Lu Han said, tears appearing in his own eyes. "Remember what I said? Smile." He brushed her tears away and lifted the corner of her lips up. Jessica laughed weakly and Lu Han's smile disappeared.

 

"Jessica, I need to tell you something." he said seriously.

 

"Lu Han, I need to go," Jessica said, but she didn't leave.

 

"I love you, Jessica," he gazed into her eyes.

 

"I know, Lu Han," she said, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I love you too. 

 

"No, Jessica," Lu Han sighed, pulled her away by her shoulders. "I love you. I love you so much."

 

"Wait, Lu Han—" she was cut off when he leaned down. She shut her eyes and braced herself for what happened next but opened when when she only felt his lips brush against her cheek, near the corner of her lips.

 

"I love you, Sica," he repeated, smiling softly when he pulled away. "Always smile." 

 

"Lu Han!" she grabbed his hand but he pulled away.

 

"Bye, Sica," he turned and started to walk.

 

"No, Lu Han!" she grabbed his hand again. "Don't leave me! I want to stay with you, I want to—"

 

"Just go," Lu Han whispered, his voice cracking. His lips pulled back in a weak smile and released her grip on his hand. "You're making this too hard for me."

 

"Lu Han, please," Jessica begged. She felt like her heart had stopped beating and she had a hard time breathing. Sobs escaped from and tears streamed down her face endlessly. "Lu Han."

 

"Bye, Sooyeon," he kissed the corner of again. "Smile."

 

And he walked away, not looking back, but Jessica could see a tear drip on the ground from his cheek and then more, and then he started running. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore and leaned against the wall for support, grabbing at her heart. Is this what humans felt when they had gone through something sad? Was it this same heart aching feeling? God, it hurt so much. Why?

 

"Let's get you home," she felt someone help her up. Through her blurred vision, she could see a man with a charming smile lead her to a car.

 

"No!" she shrieked. "Lu Han, where's Lu Han?!"

 

"Shh, sweetie," the man cooed, forcing her into the passenger seat. "You don't need Lu Han. You have me now, okay?"

 

"No, no, no," Jessica muttered over and over, gripping the leather seats.

 

"Yes," the man smiled, starting the car. "Byun Baekhyun, at your service. Or more like, you're my personal service now."

 

 


 

God, why'd it hurt so much?

 

It hurt everywhere. His head, his legs, his cheeks, but mostly his chest. Oh, it hurt so much there. It hurt so much that he couldn't take it. He grabbed it chest, letting out a scream of pain. Oh god, it hurt. It felt like something was tearing his insides apart — no, someone.

 

Jung Jessica. The name rang in his head so much it made his brain hurt. God, he loved her so much. It was her fault he was like this.

 

No, wait. It wasn't her fault. He could never blame her. It was his fault. He was the one that fell in love with her, her beautiful eyes and her beautiful smile and just her beautiful self. He loved her so much that he was willing to take any blame for her, which was why he blamed why he was hurting on himself.

 

He could still remember the touch of her skin, her milky, pale skin that he loved to roam his fingers on so much. He could still remember how her cheek felt against his lips. It didn't matter that tears were in the way. God, it felt so ing good just to touch her with his lips. 

 

It also felt so ing good that she wanted him. And she said it herself. He wanted to stay there too, stay with her forever. He would quit his job, run over the President, do anything just to be with Jessica again. 

 

He still remembered how it felt to hold her in his arms. Her petite body was so tiny and small in his arms, but he loved the feeling so damn much. 

 

And then he remembered that one special night. The night they shared together, the night they became one. He still remembered every curve of her body, how beautiful she was. How she screamed his name and his name only. Of course, she wasn't in love with him then, but if she had to lose herself to anybody, it would be him. It wasn't a surprise that he agreed. He had been in love with her from the start.

 

But now she was gone, and instead of the warm feelings he got when he was with her, all he felt was the cold and emptiness inside.

 

He hated it.

 

 


 

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open. She tried to focus her vision, blinking at the blurry room. When she finally came to focus, she realized she was not in her room. She was not out in the parking lot with Lu Han—

 

Lu Han! Jessica clenched her fists and inhaled sharply. God dammit, why'd he have to go? Why'd he have to leave her? No, why'd she have to leave him?

 

"So you're awake," Jessica turned when a voice cut into her thoughts. A man with messy, purple hair sat in a chair behind her. His arms were crossed. "Finally. I thought you'd have to sleep in my bed forever."

 

"Baekhyun," Jessica blurted out when she realized who the man was.

 

"Yes, yes," Baekhyun's lips were twisted into a scowl. "Now get off my bed." Jessica glanced down and saw that she was covered in black bed sheets. Quickly, she scrambled off the bed and found that instead of the clothes she was wearing the morning, she was only wearing a large sweatshirt that barely covered her . She gasped and tugged it down. Baekhyun saw and a smirk appeared on his face. "Relax, sweetheart. There's nothing much, anyway."

 

"What did you do to me?" Jessica demanded, backing away. 

 

"I didn't do anything to you," Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "However, you did do something to me." He turned around and pulled down his shirt, revealing scars and fingernail marks on the back of his shoulder blade. 

 

"Oh," Jessica blurted out. "I'm…"

 

"Sorry?" Baekhyun sneered. "Sure you are." he walked over and grabbed her wrist, pulling her forward. She stumbled and kept a tight grip on the sweatshirt, trying to pull it down even more. "It's not going to cover anything, sweetheart, so don't even bother trying."

 

They walked outside — well, more like Baekhyun dragged her — and they stopped in front of a door. Baekhyun turned the knob and opened it, forcing Jessica inside. "This is your room," he said. 

 

"This?" Jessica looked around the small room in disdain. There was only a mattress on the floor and a small rectangle in the wall, most likely a closet. 

 

"Tch, as expected," Baekhyun scoffed. "Robots expect too much." The way he said robots made Jessica cringe. It was full of hate and menace. "You're different, in a way."

 

"Wait," Jessica tried to stop Baekhyun as he left. He ignored her and slammed the door shot. Jessica sank down onto the ground with a bewildered expression, asking herself a question.

 

What the hell just happened?

 

 


 

An Author's Note

I'm sorry that this chapter is so crappy ;__;

I Honostly did try, but I had no inspiration.

Did anyone watch EXO's Running Man? It was so funny xD although Chanyeol wasn't there /cries.

I hope you guys like this chapter and I'm sorry that its crappy and short. I rushed it too much omg ashamed of myself /sobs

xoxo, Dreamy.