Teaser

The New World

"Oh, Jessica," his voice rang out sweetly.

 

I could feel his presence behind me, slowly creeping up. Swallowing hard, I turned around slowly. My voice trembled. "Yes, Baekhyun-shi?"

 

"Stupid girl," he bared his teeth at me. I tried to convince myself he was only smiling at me, but I knew it wasn't true. His mouth was twisted into a scowl of pure hate. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer. I could feel his breath on my forehead. "Stupid, stupid girl. Didn't I tell you not to go down here?" His grip tightened on my wrist and I could feel his fingernails digging into my skin.

 

"I'm sorry," I managed to squeak out, shaking in his arms. "I'm sorry."

 

"Stupid girl," Baekhyun laughed harshly, jerking me around. "You see them, don't you?" I nodded, the fear evident. "Good. I want you to see them." he turned me around again and jerked my chin up so I could see his face. His eyes were not full of warmth like they were in the President's office. "That's what will happen when you don't listen to me, okay?" he bared his teeth at me again. I could see his teeth, pointy and sharp at both ends like a vampires. Robots had perfectly straight teeth, but Baekhyun was human. "If you don't listen to me, you'll end up like them."

 

I nodded, my eyes filling with tears when his finger nails digging into my wrist hard enough to make it bleed. "Good girl. You don't want to end up like them, don't you?" I shook my head quickly, gasping when the pain ran up through my arm. "Good. Now get out of here." He released me and I quickly stumbled out the door, running into the small room which I called home. I grabbed a paper towel and pressed it against the wound he made to stop the blood. I bit my lip as tears streamed down silently at the pain.

 

I was stuck in the hell whether I liked it or not. I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted to. 

 

I remember what he had said. "Do you want to end up like them?"

 

The 'them' he was talking about scared me. It scared me to death.

 

Inside the room was full of dead robots.