Chapter 15: Unsure

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chansung did not know what to make of the situation* right now so he made his way up to Minji's dorm to try and make sense of things. June-noona had been in the news again today, the scandal at the train platform had gone out, and Chansung was just plain and downright confused.

 

The scandal was not something Chansung wanted to think about. It did not involve 2PM directly, but it had, in a way, indirectly placed JYPE in a situation Chansung did not know what to even call. The photos leaked were of his Jay-hyung and June-noona on a platform, the date indicated his noona's birthday- Chansung knew about this. They all eventually learned that June had met up with Jay, yet how was it that none of them had predicted this happening? Chansung had been upset that June had met with Jay, but it was more because of envy. He wanted to see Jay so very much but couldn't, and it frustrated him to several extents. The rumors concerning June were of no easy matter to dismiss either. In a way he understood why this was happening to his noona, and he fervently hoped the same wouldn't have to happen to Minji.

 

He knocked on her door, he didn't have to as Minji had had replied to his text message to just use his key, but Chansung liked it when Minji answered the door for him. After a moment, the door swung open, revealing Minji with her bangs in a ponytail on the top of her head.

 

“Hi.” Chansung said, tapping the fountain Minji's hair had formed.

 

“I told you to just use your key.” Minji said, her tone of voice was annoyed, but her face was smiling as she let Chansung in.

 

“I brought some snacks.” Chansung said, lifting up the plastic bag he brought with him, “and entertainment.” this time he twisted a little bit to show Minji his bag where his laptop was.

 

He dropped down on the floor of the small dorm room and started unpacking the things he brought with him, “What do you want to watch first?” he asked, pulling out his computer.

 

“Whichever is good.” She replied as she poked her head inside the mini-fridge she had. “I only have soda so that's all we'll get. Ahjussi comes up here every once in a while to check now.”

 

Chansung laughed, “Ahjussi? Minjae-hyung? He's just worried about you. Soda is fine.”

 

Minji took out two cans and made her way back to the central area to drop down next to Chansung. She peered over his arm to watch what he was doing, curious to see what movies he had brought this time. In the course of the previous months Chansung had managed to make a habit of coming up to Minji's dorm room to spend time with her. Sometimes, he would come up to just talk, and other nights, such as tonight, Chansung would bring along a few movies, both old and new, to watch.

 

“So what do you have?”

 

“The usual, like I said, what do you want?”

 

Minji pursed her lips for a moment to think. For the last three months they have been watching the same movies over and over again and neither one of them seemed to tire of them. “Let's start from the last movie we saw the other week then.”

 

Nodding, Chansung pulled out the DVD for 'He Was Cool'. He wasn't sure if anyone else knew, but Minji had an exceptional liking for romantic comedies despite her usual icy demeanor. At first Chansung would bring horror, and war and action movies, but one day he was in the mood for a light movie to watch and played 'My Sassy Girl'. He didn't miss the spark in her eyes when the movie had started, and since then he had started bringing in more of the genre. In his head it was everything like a date to him though he knew Minji would never consider it as one. Chansung was fine with this arrangement, all he really wanted was to spend time with her.

 

“Ugh. Why do we even go through these?” Minji m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter