Chapter 14: Unsettled

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minji frowned when she saw June leave the 2PM dorm that morning. It looked like she spent the night over again, and Minji's lip curled at one corner as she opened the door from which June had just left. She poked her head in, looking for the occupants of the dorm, but the living room was empty save for Chansung and Junsu.

 

“Minji-ah, good morning, have you had breakfast yet?” Junsu asked.

 

Minji nodded at him as she entered the room fully, closing the door behind her.

 

“Junho went up to the gym to go see Khun-hyung about the scalp conditioning shampoo hyung was asking for, are you looking for him?” Chansung asked.

 

Minji shook her head, “No, I just came to visit, I don't actually have anything to do, and Ian-oppa's busy...”

 

“Ah, since when were we the second choice now.” Chansung teased, “I think you like Ian-hyung too much.”

 

Minji shook her head furiously, “No, not like that! He helped me a lot with my demos, he's like a really good friend to me!”

 

Chansung was laughing on the outside, but on the inside he felt the opposite about the situation. Minji had been distancing herself from 2PM, and Chansung knew it was because of Junho. He wanted to confront him, but Chansung had nothing to say, or rather, he didn't know how to tell Junho that it was his fault Minji was acting differently around them.

 

Chansung's inner frown deepened even more when Minji followed Junsu inside his room. Was Minji avoiding him too? Why was she preferring his hyungs over him now? They're just helping her with her music, his inner voice said, but Chansung couldn't believe it was as simple as that. With his head made up, he followed Junho out to the gym upstairs to talk to him about it.

 

Chansung found Junho on his way to the fire escape, it seems as if Junho as already on his way back down.

 

“We need to talk.” Chansung said immediately.

 

Junho was surprised by Chansung's sudden statement and the seriousness of his voice. He arched a brow at him in question, and Chansung lead him back inside the fire escape.

 

“What about?” Junho asked. He already knew it was a serious matter, they only ever talked inside the stairwell if the subject was a sensitive one.

 

“It's about Minji.”

 

“What about her?” Junho knew he didn't need to ask because he already had an idea on what this was about, but he wanted to be mistaken. He didn't want to come into terms with the fact that Minji had been growing distant from them.

 

“I think she's avoiding us.”

 

Junho met Chansung's eyes. It shouldn't have to be such a serious matter, but it was troubling them both. As much as they both wanted to say it was simply their schedules that prevented them from spending as much time together as they usually did, they both knew that it wasn't the case.

 

“Have you talked to her?” Junho asked.

 

“No. She's with Junsu-hyung right now. I think she's working on her demo again.”

 

Junho's brows furrowed in the middle of his forehead. He knew he couldn't help Minji as much as his hyung could, but why was it that she never even asked him for his opinion on it. “Have you heard it yet?”

 

Chansung shook his head slowly. “You should talk to her. She'll be home all night, or, she should be. Go see her.”

 

“And say what?”

 

“Didn't we use to go see her for less? We didn't even need a reason to get together before. Why now?”

 

Things were much more different now, Chansung knew, but he had still hoped for some glimmer of familiarity, something that would tell him that everything was exactly the same as before- or that they at least could be. Everything was changing, and Chansung felt like he was the one being left behind. Minji had obviously moved on with her life without them, and Junho had took it upon himself to take on their former leader's responsibilities. Everyone seemed to have moved on somewhat, and Chansung just wanted to yell at everybody to stop. Stop, so they could all catch up to one anothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter