Unknown

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sometimes Minji would wonder if Junho knew anything about how she felt about him. She was certain Junho knew many other things about her. The all knowing Junho would always know, the way he just knew things, and Minji would only be left wondering. She watched him from behind the glass pane of the mini studio Ian had set-up inside the main practice room 2PM used. Junho was concentrating hard on the new set of choreography Park Namyong was teaching them for the follow-up to Again and Again. I Hate You was a good song and it fit Minji like a custom made glove.

 

Minji had been transferred to intern under Ian Choe as soon as the latter pulled some strings and talked the Production Department into handling her scholarship. Minji shifted her eyes towards the monitor to concentrate on the lesson Ian had been giving her. She felt comfortable paying attention to Ian, comfortable to avert her eyes from Junho. It was times like these that June was still busy at work that Minji found peace inside the studio. She picked up the headphones and slipped it on her head, her hands worked the controls in front of her testing which buttons did what. Ian watched her in interest. He had found raw talent in her when he listened to one of her demos that Chansung gave him to listen to. She was rough around the edges, but Ian had no doubt that given a few years and the proper training Seo Minji would be producing music for the biggest stars in Korea.

 

“Have you written music before?” Ian asked.

 

Minji pulled one ear loose from her headphones, “Only lyrics and melody. I don't play that many instruments just yet. I've been meaning to learn, but I guess I just don't have the resources?”

 

Ian nodded as he considered Minji's words. If resources were the problem, then that could easily be arranged. He moved closer to the panel to show her the fine tuning knobs to each layer of music there was in the track. Minji was a good student, it helped that she was under some pressure to do well because of the “scholarship” JYP gave her.

 

“Are you done with your homework? Maybe we can mix them. I'll show you how.”

 

Minji pulled out her binder from her bag that lay on the floor next to her feet. “It's not actually much. I don't even know if it's any good. I only have the first verse down, I don't even have a melody to it yet.”

 

“Thats okay,” Ian answered, “I just want to see what you have so far.”

 

Minji nodded and pulled out a loose sheet of paper and handed it to Ian who quickly scanned over the lyrics. Minji waited for his judgement. It was like this every other day. Ian had required Minji to write lyrics, even just a verse to show him so they could work on her writing. The days in between were to be dedicated to Music lessons, both an actual instrument and on a mixer and software.

 

“I like this one, will you continue it?”

 

Minji stared at the piece of paper as she took it from Ian's hands. It wasn't whether she could continue the song or not, but if she would. She stared at her own handwriting. The words she had written were still fresh in her memory. It wasn't easy to forget when you write from the heart.

 

Can't you spare just one glance at me?

Once is enough to know you see me

Once is enough to know you know me

that's all this time invisible to you.

 

Minji's eyes flittered upwards as she heard the music start again. Junho stood in the middle of the formation and he was first to sing as well. He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter